Default Kitchen Carpentry 101

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 16:43:51 -0300, "Don White"
wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 09:44:20 -0300, "Don White"
wrote:

"John H." wrote in message

snip..
** If you're trying out to be sheriff, you've gotta swing both ways!**
snip..

My oh my! You've got a future in standup comedy. I assume you mean a
sheriff should be fair to both sides...........

You did seem to miss the point, Donny.

I knew it was too good to be true...... but just wanted to have some fun
anyway.

You still seem to miss the point, Donny.

"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 9, 11:51 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

. ..

JR North wrote:
Nice, cozy kitchenette. Even looks a little marine-ish. It really
needs
copper outlet and switch plates to finish it off.
JR

HK wrote:
Hey! Finally finished up my kitchenette/home office project.
Did all the work EXCEPT installing countertops and pulling three new
20-amp circuits from the breaker box to the dishwasher, disposal and
microwave.

Not bad for a beginner, even if I say so myself.

I have one cabinet left over. Weird.

http://tinyurl.com/2rbk5h

http://tinyurl.com/36o3fv

I guess I could build a boat. :}

There's an idea.

And may not meet code. Most places now require a florescent light
fixture
for the main light.- Hide quoted text -

"most places"???? That's pure bull****.

The state of Kali requires them for at least 50% of all lighting in a
new/remodeled kitchen.

Dan Dan is offline

basskisser wrote:
On Jun 10, 2:49 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

"HK" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:
On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 12:49:25 -0400, HK wrote:
Not bad for a beginner, even if I say so myself.
Not too shabby.
Looks great.
Seems as if the cabinet or the part under it over the refrigerator is
askew. And why didn't you get an under cabinet microwave? They have
built in filters for recirculating the air from the fan. And if it is
your office or hideaway, I would think you fit in well in San Francisco
with those tea cups and pitchers on the dustcatcher shelves.
Either your eyes are askew or you are not used to the distortion a
semiwide angle lens can impart to angles. I didn't get an undercounter
microwave because I didn't want one. How's that? The "tea cups and
pitchers" are part of my wife's collection of whatever the hell that
stuff is called.
Now, you can get back to your day job of painting garages.
Bill get a promotion? Good for him.

I can afford better than a cheapo lease Ranger in my retirement. Maybe you
needed better skills.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, what with your handyman job and all.

You always jump in just to attack people. In this case, you are putting
someone down who owns a better vehicle than a Ford Ranger yet you have
some vintage Jeep with 200K miles on it. You and Don were separated at
birth...

ups.com...
"Don White" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

The home repair business is actually very profitable. But is not my main
source of retirement income. I just went to Cabo and La Paz for 10 days.
Where have you gone boating and vacationing this year? And my 2004 Diesel
Chevy does not have 200k miles like your jeep. And my vehicles and boats do
not require more than one payment to own.

"John H." wrote in message

You still seem to miss the point, Donny.

Not really...I'd just rather not participate in your 'alternate lifestyle'
fantasy.

"Don White" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

Poor Bill. If he had a head on that pencil neck and narrow, girlieman
shoulders... I'd explain it's hardly worthwhile leasing an expensive vehicle
when you only put 4500 miles a year on it.

Dan Dan is offline

"Don White" wrote in message

wrote:
[...]

Now that you sized up Bill for some bizarre reason, what is your point?
When you refer to an expensive vehicle do you mean your Ranger? Been
sucking down too many Molson's tonight, Donnie?

"Don White" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

There is only valid one reason to lease a vehicle. That is if you can write
off the expenses to a business. If you buy a vehicle, there are limits on
the depreciation deduction. Otherwise, leasing is buying a car with no down
payment and paying a premium interest rate. Has nada to do with annual
miles driven. If you drive gross amounts of miles a year, the business
deduction may not save you as much as the excess mileage charges. If you
just want a good daily driver, buy a lease return that is 1 - 2 years old
and has 10-15K miles. You will be money ahead. My shoulders have a head
with a brain in it. Is why I would not lease a vehicle. Maybe you can
explain how you are ahead leasing a Ranger. Will be interesting to peruse
the answer.

"Dan" wrote in message
ink.net...

Now that you sized up Bill for some bizarre reason, what is your point?
When you refer to an expensive vehicle do you mean your Ranger? Been
sucking down too many Molson's tonight, Donnie?

Danny Boy...the pipes are calling...
Try to stay focused. Big Shot Bill is trashing my "el cheapo Ranger" An
expensive vehicle for me is one with a lease payment over $500.00 per month.
You'll have to ask Bill what he considers worthy.
No Molson but you've made me thirsty for a cold Labatt Blue.

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...

There is only valid one reason to lease a vehicle. That is if you can
write off the expenses to a business. If you buy a vehicle, there are
limits on the depreciation deduction. Otherwise, leasing is buying a car
with no down payment and paying a premium interest rate. Has nada to do
with annual miles driven. If you drive gross amounts of miles a year, the
business deduction may not save you as much as the excess mileage charges.
If you just want a good daily driver, buy a lease return that is 1 - 2
years old and has 10-15K miles. You will be money ahead. My shoulders
have a head with a brain in it. Is why I would not lease a vehicle.
Maybe you can explain how you are ahead leasing a Ranger. Will be
interesting to peruse the answer.

Simple transaction. Needed something a big stronger to tow my sailboat.
Ford had a special no interest, no down payment deal on Ranger trucks.
The standard transmission models were the best deal at $209.00 CDN a month
on a 36 month lease.
For wife & son use I had to lease the automatic V6 with A/C at $259.00 per
month.