Default Heads up, Harry...

Read this. You'll love his sense of humor.
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...399/al_gore_30

I'm not Harry, but that is funny.
Funnier yet is the fact that global warming is nothing more than inept
scientists looking for gov grant money.
Remember the holes in the ozone layer over the poles? All doom and gloom!
In the 70's it was the coming ice age!
Now the new rage seems to be CO2 causing the oceans to turn into acid!
Back to global warming. Yes, we are in a warming trend and have been for
the last 18 thousand years. Since the last ice age. The warming trend was
probably triggered by, yup, mastodon gas and, of course, caveman fires to
roast the mastodon!
On the serious side, it's all mother nature (not humans) and their ain't
nothing anyone can do about it.
Gordon

"Gordon" wrote in message
I'm not Harry, but that is funny.
Funnier yet is the fact that global warming is nothing more than inept
scientists looking for gov grant money.
Remember the holes in the ozone layer over the poles? All doom and gloom!
In the 70's it was the coming ice age!
Now the new rage seems to be CO2 causing the oceans to turn into acid!
Back to global warming. Yes, we are in a warming trend and have been for
the last 18 thousand years. Since the last ice age. The warming trend was
probably triggered by, yup, mastodon gas and, of course, caveman fires to
roast the mastodon!
On the serious side, it's all mother nature (not humans) and their ain't
nothing anyone can do about it.
Gordon

The article was all about you.

"Gordon" wrote in message

I'm not Harry, but that is funny.
Funnier yet is the fact that global warming is nothing more than inept
scientists looking for gov grant money.
Remember the holes in the ozone layer over the poles? All doom and gloom!
In the 70's it was the coming ice age!
Now the new rage seems to be CO2 causing the oceans to turn into acid!
Back to global warming. Yes, we are in a warming trend and have been for
the last 18 thousand years. Since the last ice age. The warming trend was
probably triggered by, yup, mastodon gas and, of course, caveman fires to
roast the mastodon!
On the serious side, it's all mother nature (not humans) and their ain't
nothing anyone can do about it.
Gordon

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
Read this. You'll love his sense of humor.
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...399/al_gore_30

While driving the other day I heard a report on the radio that some
researchers studying global warming have discovered a potential cause that
outweighs all the other theories. The claim is wild fires, or more
accurately the fact that we have developed effective ways to combat and
extinquish them. Uncontrolled, a wildfire will burn until it naturally runs
out of fuel in the area it is burning, or is naturally extinquished. That
area won't seriously burn again for many years.
The study by the researchers claim that by artifically extinquishing the
fires, we are inadvertantly allowing more fires to start and the report
cited a marked increase in the number of wild fires over the years and their
corrolation to the average earth temperature increase during the same time
period.

Eisboch

Here is a link to a website to explain "global warming" with lots of
facts and figures and references.
http://www.clearlight.com/~mhieb/WVF.../ice_ages.html

Read the whole thing and then take from it what you will.

Gordon

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
Read this. You'll love his sense of humor.
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...399/al_gore_30

http://newsbusters.org/node/6231

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
Read this. You'll love his sense of humor.
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...399/al_gore_30

http://newsbusters.org/node/6231

I found other things in the article much more interesting than global
warming.

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 13:20:07 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
Read this. You'll love his sense of humor.
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...399/al_gore_30

http://newsbusters.org/node/6231

Thanks for the link. Here's the op-ed to which it refers:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110008597
***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

John

Default Heads up, Harry... (Hey, Joe)..

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
Read this. You'll love his sense of humor.
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...399/al_gore_30

You see what happens here when you troll this stuff through the group?
When you dangle global warming bait and call out "Hey, Harry, look at
this!" you could hardly expect a different outcome than we now see.

The insults and stereotypical "talking points" have become more
strident over the last couple of days.

Betcha there's a global warming NG someplace........

Worst problem of course isn't the fact that the same small group of
people are now trading insults based on everything from Bill Clinton's
shameful sexual escapades to the debacle in Iraq- the worst problem is
that the bad vibes generated in this non-boating related discussion are
likely to assume a life of their own as the angriest participants
follow each other into boating related threads to continue name calling
and other negative, disruptive, activites.

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
ups.com...

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
[...]

You'll get over it. Matter of fact, you are already over it.