basskisser

Default One for the not so swift among us-

Tim wrote:
Oh , that's so easily done, But right now I don't have the time to look
all your crap up
BTW, you jsut did.

Uh, no...... and please do. I'd love to see all of these examples!

basskisser wrote:
Tim wrote:
basskisser wrote:
Third graders also like to try to dissuade someone by little cheap
shots. Especially when they don't have anything else to back up their
views.

you must have noticed that from personal experience.....

Kind of like your childish response, huh? Please show where I've done
such.

JoeSpareBedroom

"Sean Corbett" wrote in message
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...

I guess the confusion comes from the fact that left-leaning
persons can't comprehend "initiative".

But the real question is what, if anything, did Gore actually
do to create the modern Internet? According to Vincent Cerf,
a senior vice president with MCI Worldcom who's been called
the Father of the Internet, "The Internet would not be where
it is in the United States without the strong support given
to it and related research areas by the Vice President in his
current role and in his earlier role as Senator."

The inventor of the Mosaic Browser, Marc Andreesen, credits
Gore with making his work possible. He received a federal
grant through Gore's High Performance Computing Act. The
University of Pennsylvania's Dave Ferber says that without
Gore the Internet "would not be where it is today."

Joseph E. Traub, a computer science professor at Columbia
University, claims that Gore "was perhaps the first political
leader to grasp the importance of networking the country.
Could we perhaps see an end to cheap shots from politicians
and pundits about inventing the Internet?"

THAT'S initiative.

Sean will not respond to the specifics you've provided above.
He can't.

Anybody can cut-and-paste quotes from a single website.
And that's all it took to prove you dead wrong.
Now, where IS that quote that you and Rush and Hannity hold so
dear??

Show where I cited that quote. I'm the one - the ONLY one - here
who posted the ACTUAL quote.

Who's quoted opinions above do you disagree with?

Third graders know the correct word is "whose".

Childish little snips meant to throw someone off, because you know
you've got

.... I've got what? The ability to finish a sentence? Why yes, I do,
unlike you apparently.

Speaking of "throwing someone off" - why did you introduce all this
crap about the internet when the thread is about climate? Too bad it
didn't work.

Vincent Cerf, a senior vice president with MCI Worldcom?
Joseph E. Traub, a computer science professor at Columbia
University? The inventor of the Mosaic Browser, Marc Andreesen?

Dr. Lindzen at MIT.

And why?

Because he's a climate expert, unlike the rest of those people, and
this thread is about climate. Try paying attention.

Uh, dummy, our conversation, and the above quotes, and my question to
you about which of those do you not believe, were about a statement
that Tom made about Al Gore. Please try to follow along.

Reload your headers. You're severely mistaken about this thread.

This PORTION of the thread is about people who pretend not to know that Gore
used a lousy choice of words.

basskisser

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

[...]

Reload your brain. You're severely mistaken about this portion of the
thread.

basskisser

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

[...]

Odd....then why did you post this, right here in this thread?

In a March 1999 interview with Wolf Blitzer, Gore said, "During my
service
in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the
Internet."

I guess the confusion comes from the fact that left-leaning persons
can't
comprehend "initiative".

Bert Robbins

basskisser wrote:
Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

[...]

I guess it depends upon your definition of "initiative" is?

Reginald P. Smithers

Bert Robbins wrote:
basskisser wrote:
Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

[...]

Bert,
EVERYONE involved with the Internet agrees that Gore worked very closely
to promote the idea of converting the military/academic Network over to
the consumer Internet we see today. He cut red tape so this could be
done, and made this conversion a priority. Gore saw this as a benefit
to the taxpayers and a feather in his political cap. He was so excited
about the growth of the "informational highway" and his contribution to
this growth, that he made a minor mistake in his choice of words. We
all do it, all the time. His political proponents did what we would
expect, they used his comments to make him look foolish, no big deal. I
hope you are smart enough to understand the difference between what
politicians and their spinmeisters say and reality.

Reggie

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

You wrote:

EVERYONE involved with the Internet agrees that Gore worked very closely
to promote the idea of converting the military/academic Network over to
the consumer Internet we see today. He cut red tape so this could be
done, and made this conversion a priority. Gore saw this as a benefit
to the taxpayers and a feather in his political cap.

And Gore took piles and piles and piles of money from the telecomm
industy,
often the same week as big telecomm votes. That's an actual AND
inconvenient truth.

And that makes him different from other politicians......how???

Bert Robbins

Reginald P. Smithers wrote:
Bert Robbins wrote:
basskisser wrote:
Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

[...]

Reggie,

The only problem with giving all of the credit to the government or
government sponsored organizations is that they wanted to keep the
Internet as a research tool only and keep the commercial interests
locked out So, the compercial interests build the the Internet outside
the government organizations and . If it was not for companies like PSI,
UUNet, CISCO, Bay Networks, 3Com, and the other countless bullitn boards
and commercial equipment manufactures the Internet would still be a
government sponsered and controlled beaureaucratic choke point. I was
there in the middle of it all.

Al Gore may have sponsored legislation at the behest of commercial
interests. And if he did Al Gore was just a conduit rather than the
initial instigator.

Bert

Reginald P. Smithers

Bert Robbins wrote:
Reginald P. Smithers wrote:
Bert Robbins wrote:
basskisser wrote:
Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

[...]

Yes, but the commercial interested needed someone to push it through the
govt. and the bureaucrats, and Al Gore had the political knowledge and
political power to do it. If Al Gore didn't do it someone else would
have eventually jumped on the bandwagon, but the truth is he is the
person who pushed it through.

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

EVERYONE involved with the Internet agrees that Gore worked very closely
to promote the idea of converting the military/academic Network over to
the consumer Internet we see today. He cut red tape so this could be
done, and made this conversion a priority. Gore saw this as a benefit
to the taxpayers and a feather in his political cap.

And Gore took piles and piles and piles of money from the telecomm industy,
often the same week as big telecomm votes. That's an actual AND
inconvenient truth.

Hold on!!!! Just a few posts ago, you chastised me for not following
the TITLE OF THIS THREAD.......what does your above diatribe have to do
with this thread?