basskisser

Default One for the not so swift among us-

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...

I guess the confusion comes from the fact that left-leaning
persons can't comprehend "initiative".

But the real question is what, if anything, did Gore actually do to
create the modern Internet? According to Vincent Cerf, a senior
vice president with MCI Worldcom who's been called the Father of
the Internet, "The Internet would not be where it is in the United
States without the strong support given to it and related research
areas by the Vice President in his current role and in his earlier
role as Senator."

The inventor of the Mosaic Browser, Marc Andreesen, credits Gore
with making his work possible. He received a federal grant through
Gore's High Performance Computing Act. The University of
Pennsylvania's Dave Ferber says that without Gore the Internet
"would not be where it is today."

Joseph E. Traub, a computer science professor at Columbia
University, claims that Gore "was perhaps the first political
leader to grasp the importance of networking the country. Could we
perhaps see an end to cheap shots from politicians and pundits
about inventing the Internet?"

THAT'S initiative.

Sean will not respond to the specifics you've provided above. He
can't.

Anybody can cut-and-paste quotes from a single website.

And that's all it took to prove you dead wrong.
Now, where IS that quote that you and Rush and Hannity hold so dear??

Show where I cited that quote. I'm the one - the ONLY one - here who
posted the ACTUAL quote.

You agreed with Shortwave on the issue, and HE said that Gore "invented
the internet".

Who's quoted opinions above do you disagree with?

Third graders know the correct word is "whose".

Third graders also like to try to dissuade someone by little cheap
shots. Especially when they don't have anything else to back up their
views. I'm a busy man, I don't proofread my newsgroup posts. I'm glad
you have the time to do so.

Vincent Cerf, a senior vice president with MCI Worldcom?
Joseph E. Traub, a computer science professor at Columbia University?
The inventor of the Mosaic Browser, Marc Andreesen?

Dr. Lindzen at MIT.

And why?

JimH

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

[...]

Then why do you spend your work day posting here? Is that what you are busy
doing?

basskisser

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

[...]

It took me five seconds to reply to this post, you tell me. So, I guess
now you'll go off on another of your trolling rants?

Black Dog

basskisser wrote:
Sean Corbett wrote:

You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:

You wrote:

"basskisser" wrote in message
glegroups.com...

[...]

You can agrue and throw quotes at each other till the cows come home.
As an impartial observer (ie non-American) I can tell you that around
here it is a common joke that Al Gore claims he invented the internet.
That's the fact of the matter, despite what the truth may be.

Most Canadians that I have talked to about it like Al Gore, think he's
smart, believe he actually won the election in 2000 and know that he
probably misspoke or was misquoted about "inventing" the internet.

But if you say the name "Al Gore" just about anywhere in the world, you
will either get blank looks or "Ain't that the guy who actually won the
first election against GWB and thinks he invented the internet?"

Sorry Mr. Gore, but that's just the way it is.

And we don't get Rush's show up here and I don't even know who Hannity
is (except I've seen him spooffed on SNL)
JoeSpareBedroom

Bassy, I really don't want to take you to school on this again.

Just drop it.

Al Gore NEVER said he "invented the internet" period.

March 9, 1999.

Quote: "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the
initiative in creating the Internet." End of quote.

Now, do you really want to get your brains all in a twist over
subjective intent and symbolic psychology as it pertains to how
statements are perceived?

No you don't because the last time we did this, about two years ago I
think, you ran away for two weeks and never brought the subject up
again.

It wasn't the subject that made him go away. It was the cigar smoke.

JoeSpareBedroom

"Sean Corbett" wrote in message
You wrote:

That said, global warming and cooling cycles also correlate to sunspot
cycles (surprize!). But in that case, at least, there is an obvious
causal relationship... Well, obvious to some of us.

Not around here, apparently.

At least there is one more brain on this board.

Actually, nobody said there wasn't a correlation between sunspots and global
temperatures.

JimH

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

[...]

Congratulations! Besides being able to log onto the NG and fins the
response, you were able to type 26 words within those 5 seconds for an
amazing 312 WPM. If I were you I would give the Guiness World Book of
Records a call.
;-)

So, I guess
now you'll go off on another of your trolling rants?

Not a problem. All I did was make an observation in regards to your
statement about being a 'busy man' yet posting here some 2 dozen times/day.

Have a superfantastic evening Bassy. ;-)

Tim

You're right JimH,

He's" busy"

basskisser wrote:
Third graders also like to try to dissuade someone by little cheap
shots. Especially when they don't have anything else to back up their
views.

you must have noticed that from personal experience.....

Jack Goff

On 31 May 2006 17:19:41 -0700, "Tim" wrote:

You're right JimH,

He's" busy"

and crazy like a 'possum.