basskisser

Default One for the not so swift among us-

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...

I guess the confusion comes from the fact that left-leaning
persons can't comprehend "initiative".

But the real question is what, if anything, did Gore actually
do to create the modern Internet? According to Vincent Cerf,
a senior vice president with MCI Worldcom who's been called
the Father of the Internet, "The Internet would not be where
it is in the United States without the strong support given
to it and related research areas by the Vice President in his
current role and in his earlier role as Senator."

The inventor of the Mosaic Browser, Marc Andreesen, credits
Gore with making his work possible. He received a federal
grant through Gore's High Performance Computing Act. The
University of Pennsylvania's Dave Ferber says that without
Gore the Internet "would not be where it is today."

Joseph E. Traub, a computer science professor at Columbia
University, claims that Gore "was perhaps the first political
leader to grasp the importance of networking the country.
Could we perhaps see an end to cheap shots from politicians
and pundits about inventing the Internet?"

THAT'S initiative.

Sean will not respond to the specifics you've provided above.
He can't.

Anybody can cut-and-paste quotes from a single website.
And that's all it took to prove you dead wrong.
Now, where IS that quote that you and Rush and Hannity hold so
dear??

Show where I cited that quote. I'm the one - the ONLY one - here
who posted the ACTUAL quote.

Who's quoted opinions above do you disagree with?

Third graders know the correct word is "whose".

Childish little snips meant to throw someone off, because you know
you've got

.... I've got what? The ability to finish a sentence? Why yes, I do,
unlike you apparently.

Speaking of "throwing someone off" - why did you introduce all this
crap about the internet when the thread is about climate? Too bad it
didn't work.

Vincent Cerf, a senior vice president with MCI Worldcom?
Joseph E. Traub, a computer science professor at Columbia
University? The inventor of the Mosaic Browser, Marc Andreesen?

Dr. Lindzen at MIT.

And why?

Because he's a climate expert, unlike the rest of those people, and
this thread is about climate. Try paying attention.

Uh, dummy, our conversation, and the above quotes, and my question to
you about which of those do you not believe, were about a statement
that Tom made about Al Gore. Please try to follow along.

Reload your headers. You're severely mistaken about this thread.

Odd....then why did you post this, right here in this thread?

In a March 1999 interview with Wolf Blitzer, Gore said, "During my
service
in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the
Internet."