NOYB

Default Affording Fuel

"jps" wrote in message
In article . net,
says...

"Tamaroak" wrote in message
. ..
More people are living in cardboard boxes in this country than ever and
these fat cats are making more and paying less taxes than ever. And we
are
STILL cutting taxes while the deficit skyrockets. How can these people
call themselves conservative?

The deficit fell from '04 to '05...and its expected to continue to fall
through at least '09.

In the past 30 years we've gone from:

Biggest importer of raw materials and exporter of finished goods

Biggest exporter of raw materials and largest importer of finished
goods.

China and Japan own a large percentage of our currency, corporations are
allowed to operate offshore to avoid taxation and more of our currency
is flooding into the mid-east than ever before.

I just had a meeting with some very nice folks from the mid-east who
don't mind us being in Iraq at all. Their friends are making money hand
over fist supplying goods and services to our troops.

Not only are we sending them tankerloads of oil money, we're paying them
seven different ways for supplying our country with goods and services.

Something wrong with this picture? Why are we so damned near-sighted???

The biggest danger to our country is allowing jobs to escape to countries
that are not our allies. China is our biggest threat...and corporations
have bought into the Chinese government horse and pony show that paints such
a rosy scenario over there. It's a facade...and China's recent restrictions
placed on Google are a perfect example of how screwed up things are over
there right now.

For the first time in the last half decade, I decided to buy an American car
again. I would hope you and every other American would consider doing the
same. For a very long time, American car manufacturers had their problems,
and you were right to stay away. But I can assure you that in their latest
entries to the market, the American auto maufacturer's quality and
engineering is on par with the best of them again.

Awhile back you stated that if a car manufacturer made an all-wheel-drive
sport sedan that is comparable to what you were driving at the time (an Audi
Quattro?), you'd buy it. So now I'm going to hold you to your word: go
drive the Cadillac STS AWD or the Chrysler 300M AWD and buy whichever you
like better. Either should fit your needs nicely. I went from an Infiniti
G35 to a Cadillac STS and have been very happy with the choice.

JohnH

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:51:12 -0800, jps wrote:

In article . net,
says...

"Tamaroak" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

jps

It's in a.politics.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Dan Krueger

George F wrote:
"jps" wrote in message

I've had one hell of a time justifying the expense of fuel and,
consequently, over the last year our boat has been out very little.

Now I come to find that Exxon, Chevron and Halliburton have made more
money this past year than at any time in history and our rate of savings
hasn't been this low since 1933.

10bil profit on revenue of 100bil seems about right to me.

First post here, George? Welcome.

10% is a hefty net profit but it's really about 8.48% (XOM). Compare it
to HD at 6.8% or WAG at 3.7%. Few complain about their prices.

Dan
Dan Krueger

Fred Dehl wrote:

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in
:

You cannot deny them a profit, but it is obvious the oil company's are
fleecing us.

Knight-Ridder has a higher profit margin than Exxon-Mobil. Is "Big Media"
fleecing us too? And if so, where are your protestations against them?

I'm not on either side, but KRI's profits are nothing compared to EOM.
Their net income is roughly 13% of EOM's *PROFITS*. Not a good comparison.

Dan
jps

In article . net,
says...

"jps" wrote in message
In article . net,
says...

"Tamaroak" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Are you claiming to be a good American or a good investor?

I don't think the above suggestion would satisfy both criteria.

jps