JohnH

Default Affording Fuel

On 30 Jan 2006 12:34:09 -0800, wrote:

jps wrote:

Old days? It was just yesterday for me. AFAIC the group has been
dumbed down, a perfect reflection of our society.

I guess that if the rec.boats NG becomes a place where people go to
discuss boats and boating, rather than engage in political arguments,
that makes it somehow "dumb"?

I would imagine that if you tried to hold boating discussions on either
the "Liberals are trying to destroy our Christian country" group or
"Conservatives are robbing the poor to enhance the rich" group, that
would be dazzlingly brilliant?

Phuk politics. Trying to differentiate between one gang of thieves (Rs)
and another (Ds) is wearisome. Boating is supposed to be about
recreation, and that would include civil social interaction among
people who may not agree on everything politically.

You and I may agree on a lot of political principles, but within the
last several months I have reached an opinion that no political
principles are well served when they are used as a wedge to screw up
and disrupt groups brought together for other purposes. I could be
wrong. Certainly if the majority of the newsgorup wants to continue the
political bitchiness and flame throwing it is more than welcome to- the
only difference is that I won't be participating in those activities. I
suffer no delusion that it's up to me to determine the direction of the
NG, but as you have expressed your opinion that the group without
political strife is "dumbed down," I have expressed my counter
perspective as well.

Have a pleasant day.

Your peanuts are on their way, over!
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
JohnH

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 20:54:07 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:
"Wayne.B" wrote in message

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:45:46 -0500, DSK wrote:

Forgot to add, all the boats that have this 'best mileage at
higher speed' characteristic are all *light* and beamy. A
deep-vee hull is very rarely (if ever... I'm tempted to say
never) going to achieve this.

So there's a choice, lose the fillings from your teeth (NOYBY will be
happy to put them back), or lose your money. Personally I'll take the
deep-V thank you.

I will personally replace, without charge, any fillings that come loose
as the result of a bone-jarring boat ride.*

*PWC's excluded

I'm gonna cut out and save this 'coupon'.

Damn. Should have added the Canadian exclusion clause. ;-)

Now if you made it a fishing trip, I might be tempted to hit some rough
water!
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
JimH

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:03:17 -0800, jps wrote:

Exxon, Chevron and Halliburton are having historically profitable years.

Doe's this touch your brain at all?

i know my portfolio has done quite well in the oil sector.

You cannot deny them a profit, but it is obvious the oil company's are
fleecing us.

Doug Kanter

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message
. ..

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:03:17 -0800, jps wrote:

Exxon, Chevron and Halliburton are having historically profitable years.

Doe's this touch your brain at all?

i know my portfolio has done quite well in the oil sector.

You cannot deny them a profit, but it is obvious the oil company's are
fleecing us.

What's really interesting is that the price of gasoline has also skyrocketed
in Iraq. It's putting a hurtin' on the same kinds of businesses that it
affects here. I think the problem is the distance it has to be shipped.
Almost a few hours. Sort of.

JimH

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 16:32:18 -0500, " JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT
comREMOVETHIS wrote:

. ..
On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:03:17 -0800, jps wrote:

Exxon, Chevron and Halliburton are having historically profitable years.

Doe's this touch your brain at all?

i know my portfolio has done quite well in the oil sector.

You cannot deny them a profit, but it is obvious the oil company's are
fleecing us.

so? charging what the market will take is a time honored capitalist
tradition. and until they come up with another source of energy,
thats what 'cha got.

Not acceptable when the commodity is the blood that keeps our country alive.

NOYB

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message
. ..

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:03:17 -0800, jps wrote:

Exxon, Chevron and Halliburton are having historically profitable years.

Doe's this touch your brain at all?

i know my portfolio has done quite well in the oil sector.

You cannot deny them a profit, but it is obvious the oil company's are
fleecing us.

What's really interesting is that the price of gasoline has also
skyrocketed in Iraq.

What's it up to now? Two dimes per gallon?

NOYB

"Tamaroak" wrote in message
. ..
More people are living in cardboard boxes in this country than ever and
these fat cats are making more and paying less taxes than ever. And we are
STILL cutting taxes while the deficit skyrockets. How can these people
call themselves conservative?

The deficit fell from '04 to '05...and its expected to continue to fall
through at least '09.

Doug Kanter

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message
. ..

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:03:17 -0800, jps wrote:

Exxon, Chevron and Halliburton are having historically profitable
years.

Doe's this touch your brain at all?

i know my portfolio has done quite well in the oil sector.

You cannot deny them a profit, but it is obvious the oil company's are
fleecing us.

What's really interesting is that the price of gasoline has also
skyrocketed in Iraq.

What's it up to now? Two dimes per gallon?

If you think about it (and I know that can be a challenge), you'll realize
that the absolute price doesn't matter, considering the circumstances.

Don White

NOYB wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

NOYB wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:45:46 -0500, DSK wrote:

Forgot to add, all the boats that have this 'best mileage at
higher speed' characteristic are all *light* and beamy. A
deep-vee hull is very rarely (if ever... I'm tempted to say
never) going to achieve this.

So there's a choice, lose the fillings from your teeth (NOYBY will be
happy to put them back), or lose your money. Personally I'll take the
deep-V thank you.

I will personally replace, without charge, any fillings that come loose
as the result of a bone-jarring boat ride.*

*PWC's excluded

I'm gonna cut out and save this 'coupon'.

Damn. Should have added the Canadian exclusion clause. ;-)

Too late!
I want to try that new white 'composite' filling material you use. I'm
tired of the silver/mercury amalgam stuff.
~^ beancounter ~^

its called capital markets...

oil is "seeking" its price....once it hits a certain point...
demand wil drop off...so far, america (and other countries)
are demanding oil at any priice...$100 per brl may slow it down...
$200 i would think for sure...that would be arouns $10 per us gallon
reatil, I would guess.....not a pretty sight...