JimH

Default Affording Fuel

"Fred Dehl" wrote in message
" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in
:

You cannot deny them a profit, but it is obvious the oil company's are
fleecing us.

Knight-Ridder has a higher profit margin than Exxon-Mobil. Is "Big Media"
fleecing us too? And if so, where are your protestations against them?

Big Media is not a commodity that drives our production and economy. I
could give a rats ass what their profits are. The entire US can live
without newspapers as they can get their news from the net, TV or radio.
The US cannot live without oil and gasoline.

JimH

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Fred Dehl wrote:
jps wrote in
:

I've had one hell of a time justifying the expense of fuel and,
consequently, over the last year our boat has been out very little.

Now I come to find that Exxon, Chevron and Halliburton have made more
money this past year than at any time in history and our rate of savings
hasn't been this low since 1933.

Exxon's profit margin (net income divided by revenue) is 8.4%:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=XOM&annual

Knight-Ridder's profit margin is 10.8%:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=KRI&annual

Where is your rant against The Obscene Profits Of Big Media?

More than most corporations, energy producers, especially oil companies,
have interesting ways to cook the books. Their profits are much, much
higher.

And folks can choose to stop buying newspapers. Not true of gasoline.

RCE

"jps" wrote in message

I'd rather see investment in alternative energy research than finding
another way to wring out profits in a short-term, quarter to quarter
profit strategy.

jps

Unfortunately, that's their job. The driver is the shareholders. The
shareholders want a return - the bigger the better.

The shareholders are people like you and me and millions of other easy money
speculators.

RCE

JimH

"Fred Dehl" wrote in message
jps wrote in
:

I've had one hell of a time justifying the expense of fuel and,
consequently, over the last year our boat has been out very little.

Now I come to find that Exxon, Chevron and Halliburton have made more
money this past year than at any time in history and our rate of savings
hasn't been this low since 1933.

Exxon's profit margin (net income divided by revenue) is 8.4%:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=XOM&annual

Knight-Ridder's profit margin is 10.8%:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=KRI&annual

Where is your rant against The Obscene Profits Of Big Media?

A 10.8% profit is obscene?

How about 27% for Exxon Mobil (this following a 75% increase in 2005 3rd
quarter) and 51% for ConocoPhillips?

Got gas?

JimH

"Fred Dehl" wrote in message
" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in
:

"Fred Dehl" wrote in message
jps wrote in
:

I've had one hell of a time justifying the expense of fuel and,
consequently, over the last year our boat has been out very little.

Now I come to find that Exxon, Chevron and Halliburton have made
more money this past year than at any time in history and our rate
of savings hasn't been this low since 1933.

Exxon's profit margin (net income divided by revenue) is 8.4%:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=XOM&annual

Knight-Ridder's profit margin is 10.8%:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=KRI&annual

Where is your rant against The Obscene Profits Of Big Media?

A 10.8% profit is obscene?

How about 27% for Exxon Mobil (this following a 75% increase in 2005
3rd quarter) and 51% for ConocoPhillips?

Illiterate asshole,

See ya..............PLONK

Tamaroak

More people are living in cardboard boxes in this country than ever and
these fat cats are making more and paying less taxes than ever. And we
are STILL cutting taxes while the deficit skyrockets. How can these
people call themselves conservative?

Capt. Jeff
NOYB

"Don White" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

NOYB wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
m...

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:45:46 -0500, DSK wrote:

Forgot to add, all the boats that have this 'best mileage at
higher speed' characteristic are all *light* and beamy. A
deep-vee hull is very rarely (if ever... I'm tempted to say
never) going to achieve this.

So there's a choice, lose the fillings from your teeth (NOYBY will be
happy to put them back), or lose your money. Personally I'll take the
deep-V thank you.

I will personally replace, without charge, any fillings that come loose
as the result of a bone-jarring boat ride.*

*PWC's excluded

I'm gonna cut out and save this 'coupon'.

Damn. Should have added the Canadian exclusion clause. ;-)

Too late!
I want to try that new white 'composite' filling material you use. I'm
tired of the silver/mercury amalgam stuff.

New? It's been around for two decades. But it is tons better today than
that handmixed stuff from back then.

NOYB

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message
. ..

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:03:17 -0800, jps wrote:

Exxon, Chevron and Halliburton are having historically profitable
years.

Doe's this touch your brain at all?

i know my portfolio has done quite well in the oil sector.

You cannot deny them a profit, but it is obvious the oil company's are
fleecing us.

What's really interesting is that the price of gasoline has also
skyrocketed in Iraq.

What's it up to now? Two dimes per gallon?

If you think about it (and I know that can be a challenge), you'll realize
that the absolute price doesn't matter, considering the circumstances.

I don't know the exact percentage, but the majority of Iraqi provinces are
peaceful places that are eager to join the modern civilized world. They're
unaffected by the daily violence that occurs mainly in the Sunni triangle.
Those folks are paying 40 cents per gallon for the same gasoline that costs
us $3/gallon. So what do they have to whine about?