Smithers

Default Hey, Chuck, Gene, Wayne, et al

Harry,
It would be interesting to see posting on topic posts instead of your OT
trolls. I commend you Harry.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

If every time somebody responds to a troll in rec.boats the group goes
to hell, then the anwer is easy. Nothing looks more lonesome or more
foolish than a troll that nobody is responding to. If you think Harry
is a troll, don't respond. I am making a not-always-entirely successful
effort to control my own responses to trolls, stay out of ****ing
matches, and avoid name calling. I believe that there are other people
in this group specifically *to* engage in that sort of behavior, but it
is not my place or right to judge them or demand that they change their
ways. If I control my own destiny and don't let other people determine
what my reactionary behavior "has to be", the group will be a little
bit better than if I go out of my way to pick fights, call names, start
attack threads, join in a pig pile, etc. If one or two other people
also try to stay out of fights, avoid name calling, avoid pig piling,
and refrain from launching attack threads then the group gets better
yet.

You know, Chuck, you, Gene, Wayne, and a couple of others have been saying
this for a while, and there is more than a possibility you guys are right.

I think I'll see what happens if I just ignore the pigs here and leave
them to their slop.

So, I'll be glad to engage you in reasonable discussions on any subject,
boating related *or* otherwise, and I'll initiate the same, and I'll do my
best to keep up my end, as it were.

That means, of course, that I will not be responding to certain posters
here and, once I get my filters up and running again, I hopefully won't
see much of their excrement.

We'll give it a shot and see what happens.

--
Abstinence-only sex education=Ignorance-only sex education.

Skipper

Smithers wrote:

Harry,
It would be interesting to see posting on topic posts instead of your OT
trolls. I commend you Harry.

Why are you responding to his OT post?

--
Skipper

Smithers wrote:

"Skipper" wrote in message...

Smithers wrote:

Harry,
It would be interesting to see posting on topic posts instead of your OT
trolls. I commend you Harry.

Why are you responding to his OT post?

Who me?

Suspect we'd both like to see the NG recover.

--
Skipper
JimH

"Skipper" wrote in message
Smithers wrote:

"Skipper" wrote in message...

Smithers wrote:

Harry,
It would be interesting to see posting on topic posts instead of your
OT
trolls. I commend you Harry.

Why are you responding to his OT post?

Who me?

Suspect we'd both like to see the NG recover.

--
Skipper

Good morning Skipper. No offense, but...................when you came back
to this NG and spent week after week riding and belittling Chuck, was that a
sign that you would like to see this NG recover?

Smithers

Skipper,
It would be nice, and it is risk free.

All NG have OT threads, and minor flame wars, but when 90% of new posts are
OT trolls, it is recipe for disaster.

If people can stop the OT trolling, and others can ignore them when they pop
up, rec.boats might be able to make a come back.

In any case, it would be interesting to see if it is possible.

"Skipper" wrote in message
Smithers wrote:

"Skipper" wrote in message...

Smithers wrote:

Harry,
It would be interesting to see posting on topic posts instead of your
OT
trolls. I commend you Harry.

Why are you responding to his OT post?

Who me?

Suspect we'd both like to see the NG recover.

--
Skipper

JohnH

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 08:27:46 -0500, " JimH" wrote:

"Skipper" wrote in message
Smithers wrote:

"Skipper" wrote in message...

Smithers wrote:

Harry,
It would be interesting to see posting on topic posts instead of your
OT
trolls. I commend you Harry.

Why are you responding to his OT post?

Who me?

Suspect we'd both like to see the NG recover.

--
Skipper

Good morning Skipper. No offense, but...................when you came back
to this NG and spent week after week riding and belittling Chuck, was that a
sign that you would like to see this NG recover?

No offense, but the past is the past.

With his reference to 'pigs', Harry's response to Chuck was an obvious troll.

I wouldn't mind seeing the NG recover, but responding to *anything* Harry says is not going to help
it.
--
John H

**** May your Christmas be Spectacular!****
*****...and your New Year even Better!*****
Wayne.B

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 06:42:51 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

That means, of course, that I will not be responding to certain posters
here and, once I get my filters up and running again, I hopefully won't
see much of their excrement.

We'll give it a shot and see what happens.

=======================

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised but it will take some resolve
on everyone's part.

Bert Robbins

wrote:

That means, of course, that I will not be responding to certain posters
here and, once I get my filters up and running again, I hopefully won't
see much of their excrement.

We'll give it a shot and see what happens.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised but it will take some resolve
on everyone's part.

Maybe. I've got most of the garbage filtered, and it's easy enough to add
to the filter database. We'll see.

Your "filtering" won't last a week! You won't be able to stand not reading
what everyone else is posting.