Smithers

Default Hey, Chuck, Gene, Wayne, et al

Harry,
It would be interesting to see posting on topic posts instead of your OT
trolls. I commend you Harry.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

If every time somebody responds to a troll in rec.boats the group goes
to hell, then the anwer is easy. Nothing looks more lonesome or more
foolish than a troll that nobody is responding to. If you think Harry
is a troll, don't respond. I am making a not-always-entirely successful
effort to control my own responses to trolls, stay out of ****ing
matches, and avoid name calling. I believe that there are other people
in this group specifically *to* engage in that sort of behavior, but it
is not my place or right to judge them or demand that they change their
ways. If I control my own destiny and don't let other people determine
what my reactionary behavior "has to be", the group will be a little
bit better than if I go out of my way to pick fights, call names, start
attack threads, join in a pig pile, etc. If one or two other people
also try to stay out of fights, avoid name calling, avoid pig piling,
and refrain from launching attack threads then the group gets better
yet.

You know, Chuck, you, Gene, Wayne, and a couple of others have been saying
this for a while, and there is more than a possibility you guys are right.

I think I'll see what happens if I just ignore the pigs here and leave
them to their slop.

So, I'll be glad to engage you in reasonable discussions on any subject,
boating related *or* otherwise, and I'll initiate the same, and I'll do my
best to keep up my end, as it were.

That means, of course, that I will not be responding to certain posters
here and, once I get my filters up and running again, I hopefully won't
see much of their excrement.

We'll give it a shot and see what happens.

--
Abstinence-only sex education=Ignorance-only sex education.