*JimH*

Default Skipper Reports on His Boat shopping......

" *JimH*" wrote in message
. ..

"Lloyd" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:06:40 -0700, chuckgould.chuck wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Ignoring all the BS, do you still doubt this is the "real" Skipper?

Eisboch

snip
Until recently, my opinion of him was somewhat "mixed": a weird guy
with a few definite problems but maybe not such a bad guy in his heart
of hearts.

Yeah,I kinda felt sorry for the Original Skippy. Heart of a blue-water
sailor, stuck in Bumf*ck Kansas. What worse fate could you wish on a
person?

So extol the virtues and attractions of you "bumf#ck" Canadian city
Llloyd.

But this new one is a just plain Idiot.

As many here have viewed you for years, including your buddy Krause.

Lloyd

Lloyd, I did not write that comment to you. Some ass is spoofing my id.
,

*JimH*

"Lloyd" wrote in message
news

Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Ignoring all the BS, do you still doubt this is the "real" Skipper?

Eisboch

snip
Until recently, my opinion of him was somewhat "mixed": a weird guy
with a few definite problems but maybe not such a bad guy in his heart
of hearts.

Yeah,I kinda felt sorry for the Original Skippy. Heart of a blue-water
sailor, stuck in Bumf*ck Kansas. What worse fate could you wish on a
person?

So extol the virtues and attractions of you "bumf#ck" Canadian city
Llloyd.

http://www.user.dccnet.com/lsumpter/....Squirrel3.jpg
http://www.user.dccnet.com/lsumpter/...n/DS.Sail1.jpg
http://www.user.dccnet.com/lsumpter/boats/Starsend.jpg
http://www.user.dccnet.com/lsumpter/boats/FarCove1.jpg
http://www.user.dccnet.com/lsumpter/...legraphHbr.jpg
http://www.user.dccnet.com/lsumpter/boats/cruising.jpg
http://www.bcboatnet.org/images/SpringCreekcast1.jpg
http://www.user.dccnet.com/lsumpter/...inylSail01.jpg

Nuff said
Lloyd

LLoyd, I did not write that. Someone spoofed my id for the post.

Don White

"Lloyd" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:06:40 -0700, chuckgould.chuck wrote:

Eisboch wrote:

wrote in message
glegroups.com...

[...]

Skippy would have been right at home on the 'Beachcombers', sharing that
wharf shack with Relic.
Skipper

Don White wrote:

Skippy would have been right at home on the 'Beachcombers', sharing that
wharf shack with Relic.

We do get up to remote backwaters on occasion and have seen you mention
something about being on, or even seeing, a "skipper's" boat. Would seem
you've mentioned of having been a deck monkey or something. Do you own a
boat? If so, can you describe and tell us something of your experience?
On the remote possibility we visit your backwater clime while
negotiating the great circle, we are interested in knowing if you'd be
qualified to fetch a tossed line at the dock, or such.

--
Skipper
Skipper

Harry Krause wrote:

On the remote possibility we visit your backwater clime while
negotiating the great circle, we are interested in knowing if
you'd be qualified to fetch a tossed line at the dock, or such.

We do get up to remote backwaters on occasion...

Only to catch up with your inbred relatives.

Well, suppose ol' Donny Boy is too busy scratching his whatever to tend
that tossed line. We know you've got to be a bit quicker on your feet
around boats...an unqualified lubber he be.

--
Skipper

Don White

Skipper wrote:
Don White wrote:

Skippy would have been right at home on the 'Beachcombers', sharing that
wharf shack with Relic.

We do get up to remote backwaters on occasion and have seen you mention
something about being on, or even seeing, a "skipper's" boat. Would seem
you've mentioned of having been a deck monkey or something. Do you own a
boat? If so, can you describe and tell us something of your experience?
On the remote possibility we visit your backwater clime while
negotiating the great circle, we are interested in knowing if you'd be
qualified to fetch a tossed line at the dock, or such.

--
Skipper

Thanks for the interest Pseudo Skipper.
I have taken the following courses at the Canadian Power & Sail Squadron...
Boating
Piloting
Advanced Piloting
VHF Seminar and hold my 'Restricted Radio Operators Certificate'
GPS Seminar
The sailboat I currently own is a Sandpiper 565. (my 4th sailboat)
My former 'skipper' wants me back as his main crew on a Bristol 32 he's
eying....
Sailing experience so far is limited to coastal sailing within 30 nm
radius of my home port on the North Atlantic.
You could trust me to hold a line and properly belay to a cleat...that
is..if you had a cleat!
Don White

Don White wrote:

Thanks for the interest Pseudo Skipper.
I have taken the following courses at the Canadian Power & Sail Squadron...

snip....

Almost forgot...
I took my 'White Sail' dinghy courses at a local Naval base here in the
early '80s. I hold a 'Coxswain's Ticket' on the 420 sailing dinghy
issued November 1982.
Skipper

Don White wrote:

We are interested in knowing if you'd be qualified to fetch a tossed
line at the dock, or such.

I have taken the following courses at the Canadian Power & Sail
Squadron...Boating, VHF, & GPS Seminar. I currently own a Sandpiper
565.

A sandpiper??? That's a *dinghy*! I was referring to a REAL boat.
Suppose it is good that you're currently "studying" boating, but that
hardly qualifies you to tend the lines of a real boat...that takes
experience.

My former 'skipper' wants me back as his main crew on a Bristol 32
he's eying....

Impressive!

Sailing experience so far is limited.

Yes, yes, we do understand that.

You could trust me to hold a line and properly belay to a cleat.

I remain unconvinced with that limited real experience...but it is good
you're reading books and trying to learn. We should all encourage
beginners to our sport.

BTW, can you properly secure fuel cans to the deck of a bouncing
Bayliner?

--
Skipper
Skipper

Don White wrote:

Almost forgot...I took my dinghy courses here in the early '80s. I
hold a Ticket on a sailing dinghy issued November 1982.

Impressive!

--
Skipper
Don White

Skipper wrote:

BTW, can you properly secure fuel cans to the deck of a bouncing
Bayliner?

--
Skipper

Nope...and have no interest in learning.
We learn 'safety first' at the CPS.

Procedure of Buying a Boat in New Jersey? [email protected] General 7 November 7th 05 04:39 PM
Who Am I Skipper General 38 October 19th 05 07:50 PM
re-floating a capsized boat CJ2 ASA 0 October 14th 05 01:39 AM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 7 October 12th 05 10:25 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 0 October 12th 05 06:42 PM