Skipper

Default Skipper Reports on His Boat shopping......

Don White wrote:

We are interested in knowing if you'd be qualified to fetch a tossed
line at the dock, or such.

I have taken the following courses at the Canadian Power & Sail
Squadron...Boating, VHF, & GPS Seminar. I currently own a Sandpiper
565.

A sandpiper??? That's a *dinghy*! I was referring to a REAL boat.
Suppose it is good that you're currently "studying" boating, but that
hardly qualifies you to tend the lines of a real boat...that takes
experience.

My former 'skipper' wants me back as his main crew on a Bristol 32
he's eying....

Impressive!

Sailing experience so far is limited.

Yes, yes, we do understand that.

You could trust me to hold a line and properly belay to a cleat.

I remain unconvinced with that limited real experience...but it is good
you're reading books and trying to learn. We should all encourage
beginners to our sport.

BTW, can you properly secure fuel cans to the deck of a bouncing
Bayliner?

--
Skipper