Joe

Default OT JoeTechnician licensed engineer or not?

And I like to do Crown Moulding and upgrades to homes and condos.
Bill

Practicing coping without a P.E license?

Wait till asskisser hears about this!

Bill Cole

So why do you think you have this inferiority complex?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Bill Cole wrote:
ROFLMAO, If that is the best you can do, I guess your school really did
have such low standards they did not believe they should not expect
engineering students to have a basic command of the English Language.

You don't read very well, do you. I never said the school had no
expectations of engineering students, I said the students made the
statement about themselves, *as a joke on them.*

guess that must be part of the reason for your inferiority complex, you

view
education as important, but you did not have the grades or intelligence

be admitted to a school with high standards.

Really? I have B.A. degree from a fairly large university in the Midwest
and an M.A. degree from an Ivy League university in New England.

Has your alma mater admissions standards increased it's standards since

you
graduated?

That would be "its" standards, yahoo, not "it's" standards. "It's" is
the contraction for it is. "Its" is the possessive.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

Jamce1

so, you are saying that no superior you ever worked for had a PE in your field?
i have no idea how old you are, but you play yourself off as at least fifty.

that being the assumed case, you can't find 4 years worth of a 30 year career
where a PE supervised your work? i understand that some industries may not
require it, but alot of people obtain it just for ambitions sake.

also, it is surprising that you would assume somebody cannot do a required
technical job because of their political leanings (ie basskisser). hell, i
would let NYOB work on my teeth if he turned out to be competent, and there was
no breathing alternative.

chris

Subject: OT JoeTechnician licensed engineer or not?
From: "Calif Bill"
Date: 8/10/03 11:16 AM Pacific Daylight Time

From: "Calif Bill"

Date: 8/9/03 10:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time
snip
and manners. And I only attack a few dummy's. And Asskisser is a super
dummy! And to insecurity, I was and still am a GREAT ENGINEER.
Semi-retired, looking at starting a new career of General Contractor.

And I
would never accept a PE as dumb as Asskisser for any of my jobs that
required a PE signoff. Too much liability.
bill

why dont you just take the test yourself?

chris

I could but the problem is the requirement to work with a PE for 4 years. I
passed the EIT (Engineer In Training) test when I got out of school. Is the
first part of the PE program. But need to work with a PE who signs off on
your suitability. Never worked in the field of engineering that used PE's.
I was an electronics / software engineer for embedded systems. Disk drives,
Disk drive controllers, medical devices. To mature to work for the 4 years
with a PE now. Changing careers to get my General Contractors license. I
have had side business's over the years that dealt with construction. And I
like to do Crown Moulding and upgrades to homes and condos.
Bill

Calif Bill

I am 60. And basskisser is stupid is why I would not use him as a PE. I
have liberal friends. My former fishing partner is both black and liberal.
No PE's supervised my work. I worked for more startups than big operations.
Just never picked the big winner. Timing was wrong. Turned down a job with
Rolm Corp at 11:30 am one day in 1980 as I had accepted a job at another
company at 10 am. Figure that little miss timing cost me a $100 million at
least. Synoptics, Cisco, etc are all offshoots.
Bill

From: "Calif Bill"
Date: 8/10/03 11:16 AM Pacific Daylight Time

basskisser

"Joe" wrote in message ...
And I like to do Crown Moulding and upgrades to homes and condos.
Bill

Practicing coping without a P.E license?

Wait till asskisser hears about this!

Idiot reply. I said you can't legally practice engineering without a
license. Prove me wrong.

Come on, JoeTechnician.

basskisser

"Calif Bill" wrote in message ...
And you would be the one full of ****. You can be an engineer in most
states without registration. As a communications engineer, there is no
registration required in most states. Just can not call yourself
"Registered Engineer" "Professional Engineer" "Consulting Engineer".
"Software Engineer" is OK, "Electronics Engineer" is OK, etc. Seeing
asskissers response to burning no oil in normal operation, I would not use
him or his employer in any capacity for any civil engineering needs. Odd
that my Diploma says "Bachelors of Science in Engineering". Never been in
an engineering job in the computer world that required I get the PE.
Bill

Bill, name calling is SO school girlish. It really does nothing to try
to bolster your point.

The company that I contract for does only heavy industrial structural
engineering, therefore you can't hire us. You know nothing of my
engineering capabilities, and never will. Therefore, it is simply
stupid to pretend that you do. Now, you are again WRONG. In MOST
STATES, you can NOT use the word "engineer" in your name, your
company's name, or any advertisement, UNLESS you are a licensed
engineer. Period. Need more proof? I've already posted Georgia's.
Rural Knight

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Joe" wrote in message

And I like to do Crown Moulding and upgrades to homes and condos.
Bill

Practicing coping without a P.E license?

Wait till asskisser hears about this!

Idiot reply. I said you can't legally practice engineering without a
license. Prove me wrong.

OFTEN ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS COVERING ENGINEERING PRACTICE
Q. Do I need a license to practice engineering is a corporation such as
Boeing?

A. No. There is an Industrial Exemption that allows engineers to work
without a license with the assumption that the Corporation has a licensed
engineer responsible for all engineering done in the name of the firm.

Q. Can I legally do engineering work without a license in a firm that does
not have a licensed engineer?

A. Yes. But, your work will not be accepted by any government agency that
requires that a licensed engineer stamp all documents.

Here is the reference:

http://www.pseconline.org/Registration/

And that is pretty typical of most states.

Calif Bill

"Calif Bill" wrote in message

[...]

I do not give a rat's ass for Georgia's regs! In Calif, just can not call
yourself a "Registered, Professional, or Consulting Engineer". If you were
not so stupid, you would learn that fact.
Bill

basskisser

"Calif Bill" wrote in message ...
I can cope. My buddy is a PE. He is not stupid like Asskisser. Of course
he had a hard time retiring from a big international construction
corporation as they liked his work.
Bill

Name calling is SO school girlish. What say about THIS, Bill:?

PRACTICING ENGINEERING IN THE STATE OF WASHINGTON AND ALL OTHER STATES
IN THE USA
To advertise and offer to practice engineering in all of the states in
the USA requires having an engineering license. To offer to practice
and then accept engineering jobs is against the law punishable as a
misdemeanor