Jim

Default OT JoeTechnician licensed engineer or not?

I never said anything to the contrary Michael. All I did was let old Harry know the
low standards his Alma Mater maintains.

"Michael Seeley" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Jim, Hate to disagree, and I'm sure your daughter is in a fine program but a
bachelor's degree is not required in the state of NC to get your PE. I'm
glad she is pursuing her bachelors and hope my daughter pursues the same.
While I realize NC is very poor in public education, the university system
is not that shabby.
"Jim" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:

And you would be the one full of ****. You can be an engineer in most
states without registration. As a communications engineer, there is

no
registration required in most states. Just can not call yourself
"Registered Engineer" "Professional Engineer" "Consulting Engineer".
"Software Engineer" is OK, "Electronics Engineer" is OK, etc. Seeing
asskissers response to burning no oil in normal operation, I would not

use
him or his employer in any capacity for any civil engineering needs.

Odd
that my Diploma says "Bachelors of Science in Engineering". Never

been in
an engineering job in the computer world that required I get the PE.
Bill

Way back when, at my alma mater, the guys in the various engineering
schools used to say about themselves:

"Before I got to this college, I couldn't spell engineer.
Now I are one."

I would have guessed as much based on the quality of college you most

likely attended.

My daughter is entering a Mechanical Engineering program at a prominent

Midwestern
college. Here is what they say:

Qualifications: The College of Engineering enrollment is

selective-students typically
rank in the upper 20 percent or higher of their high school graduating

class and score
an average ACT composite of 26 or higher (or SAT combined scores of 1180

or higher).
University admitted students who score an ACT Math of 24 or higher (or an

SAT Math of
560 or higher) will be enrolled directly in the College. Selection is not

determined by
numbers alone, however. Applicants will be carefully reviewed for

convincing evidence
of a student's capacity to succeed as an engineering student.

Program: 5 academic years with heavy emphasis on math, physics, materials

science,
engineering, graphics (CAD).

A friend of my daughter said the program is tougher than the pre-med

program he was in.

The admissions standards for your alma mater are obviously rock bottom.

Jim

Tug, tug...pull, pull.

Yep, I have the right strings!

ROTFLMAO!

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Jim wrote:
It is really a blast being able to pull your strings.

I doubt you can pull your...

Well, this is a family newsgroup...nevermind.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

Bill Cole

It sounds like the problem was that your alma mater had very low standards,
if their engineer students were so poorly educated.

Based upon your personal attacks on people, it appears that might be the
source of your insecurity. You never felt that you were good enough, and
the only way you can feel better is to put down other people.

Calif Bill wrote:

[...]

Calif Bill

If you are going to clip, at least leave the attributes to the correct
person. Harry is full of crap, but my reply was not to him. I was replying
to the one who said I was full of ****. My school had great standards for
Engineering students. Now the liberal arts side was a lot of flaky.
Protest the president of the School, Dr. Hyakawa for requiring proper speech
and manners. And I only attack a few dummy's. And Asskisser is a super
dummy! And to insecurity, I was and still am a GREAT ENGINEER.
Semi-retired, looking at starting a new career of General Contractor. And I
would never accept a PE as dumb as Asskisser for any of my jobs that
required a PE signoff. Too much liability.
bill

Calif Bill wrote:

[...]

Harry Krause

Calif Bill wrote:
If you are going to clip, at least leave the attributes to the correct
person. Harry is full of crap, but my reply was not to him. I was replying
to the one who said I was full of ****.

Your funniest response ever, Bill. We know you're not full; if you were,
there wouldn't be any room for the toilet tissue.

My school had great standards for
Engineering students. Now the liberal arts side was a lot of flaky.
Protest the president of the School, Dr. Hyakawa for requiring proper speech
and manners.

That's right...proper speech and manners should never be part of an
education...you're spot on, Bill. After all, if the POTUS can't speak,
why should you, eh?

And you've grossly misspelled the good Doctor's name, BTW.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

Harry Krause

Bill Cole wrote:

It sounds like the problem was that your alma mater had very low standards,
if their engineer students were so poorly educated.

That would be "its engineering students," dummy, not "their engineer"
students. even "her engineering students" would be appropriate.

You obviously do not know that in English, alma mater translates into
something like "fostering mother." If they had been human, Ceres and
Cybele would be turning over in their graves at your gaffe.

As previously pointed out, you need to spend more time with your nose in
a book and less time high-fiving the other right-wing idiots who pollute
this newsgroup. Or perhaps at your alma mater, football was more
important than education. That is, if you have an alma mater. Probably
not, eh?

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

Bill Cole

ROFLMAO, If that is the best you can do, I guess your school really did
have such low standards they did not believe they should not expect
engineering students to have a basic command of the English Language. I
guess that must be part of the reason for your inferiority complex, you view
education as important, but you did not have the grades or intelligence to
be admitted to a school with high standards.

Has your alma mater admissions standards increased it's standards since you
graduated?

Bill Cole wrote:

[...]

Calif Bill

Calif Bill wrote:
If you are going to clip, at least leave the attributes to the correct
person. Harry is full of crap, but my reply was not to him. I was

replying
to the one who said I was full of ****.

Your funniest response ever, Bill. We know you're not full; if you were,
there wouldn't be any room for the toilet tissue.

Makes about as much sense as most of your political comments.

My school had great standards for
Engineering students. Now the liberal arts side was a lot of flaky.
Protest the president of the School, Dr. Hyakawa for requiring proper

speech
and manners.

That's right...proper speech and manners should never be part of an
education...you're spot on, Bill. After all, if the POTUS can't speak,
why should you, eh?

If you are going to have free speech movement, then you should speak well.
Of course the problem with the free speech movement and is still a problem
today, is the liberal arts majors only want free speech when it supports
their opinions. If is contrary to their "Feelings" they disrupt any speech.

And you've grossly misspelled the good Doctor's name, BTW.

I knew it was the wrong spelling, but did not bother looking it up as most
would get the name. And a greater number would have no idea what was being
referred to.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

Harry Krause

Bill Cole wrote:
ROFLMAO, If that is the best you can do, I guess your school really did
have such low standards they did not believe they should not expect
engineering students to have a basic command of the English Language.

You don't read very well, do you. I never said the school had no
expectations of engineering students, I said the students made the
statement about themselves, *as a joke on them.*

guess that must be part of the reason for your inferiority complex, you view
education as important, but you did not have the grades or intelligence to
be admitted to a school with high standards.

Really? I have B.A. degree from a fairly large university in the Midwest
and an M.A. degree from an Ivy League university in New England.

Has your alma mater admissions standards increased it's standards since you
graduated?

That would be "its" standards, yahoo, not "it's" standards. "It's" is
the contraction for it is. "Its" is the possessive.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.