basskisser

Default OT JoeTechnician licensed engineer or not?

So, what is it, JoeTechnician, are you a licensed engineer or not. You
have stated as follows:
First, that you WERE indeed, a licensed engineer in the states of
Florida and Georgia.
Then, you stated that you weren't a licensed engineer.
Then, you stated again, that you WERE licensed, but not as an
engineer.
Then you said that you weren't licensed, because you didn't NEED to
be.
Then you said you weren't licensed in Georgia.
Then you said you had reciprocity in Georgia.

Now, I ask, if you aren't licensed in Georgia, and you don't need to
be.....
WHAT to HELL is the reciprocity FOR???

JoeTechnician, you've flip-flopped all over the place. Hell, a decent
cable installer would have enough sense to know whether or not he was
licensed, whether he needed to be licensed, and what he was licensed
for.
basskisser

"Joe" wrote in message .. .
Boy are you going over the edge.

I'm going over the edge? Seems that you, JoeTechnician, are the one
who has GONE over! You don't know whether or not you need a license in
Florida. You don't know whether you HAVE a license in Florida, you
don't know whether or not you need a license in Georgia, you don't
know whether or not you HAVE a license in Georgia, you don't know
whether or not you have reciprocity in Georgia.

noah

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 17:53:22 GMT, "Joe" wrote:

Boy are you going over the edge.

Joe- I have no idea what prompted this thread, but "Thank you" for
many good service tips.

noah

Courtesy of Lee Yeaton,
See the boats of rec.boats
www.TheBayGuide.com/rec.boats

Calif Bill

And you would be the one full of ****. You can be an engineer in most
states without registration. As a communications engineer, there is no
registration required in most states. Just can not call yourself
"Registered Engineer" "Professional Engineer" "Consulting Engineer".
"Software Engineer" is OK, "Electronics Engineer" is OK, etc. Seeing
asskissers response to burning no oil in normal operation, I would not use
him or his employer in any capacity for any civil engineering needs. Odd
that my Diploma says "Bachelors of Science in Engineering". Never been in
an engineering job in the computer world that required I get the PE.
Bill

"Peter Wedeles" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Jim

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:

And you would be the one full of ****. You can be an engineer in most
states without registration. As a communications engineer, there is no
registration required in most states. Just can not call yourself
"Registered Engineer" "Professional Engineer" "Consulting Engineer".
"Software Engineer" is OK, "Electronics Engineer" is OK, etc. Seeing
asskissers response to burning no oil in normal operation, I would not use
him or his employer in any capacity for any civil engineering needs. Odd
that my Diploma says "Bachelors of Science in Engineering". Never been in
an engineering job in the computer world that required I get the PE.
Bill

Way back when, at my alma mater, the guys in the various engineering
schools used to say about themselves:

"Before I got to this college, I couldn't spell engineer.
Now I are one."

I would have guessed as much based on the quality of college you most likely attended.

My daughter is entering a Mechanical Engineering program at a prominent Midwestern
college. Here is what they say:

Qualifications: The College of Engineering enrollment is selective-students typically
rank in the upper 20 percent or higher of their high school graduating class and score
an average ACT composite of 26 or higher (or SAT combined scores of 1180 or higher).
University admitted students who score an ACT Math of 24 or higher (or an SAT Math of
560 or higher) will be enrolled directly in the College. Selection is not determined by
numbers alone, however. Applicants will be carefully reviewed for convincing evidence
of a student's capacity to succeed as an engineering student.

Program: 5 academic years with heavy emphasis on math, physics, materials science,
engineering, graphics (CAD).

A friend of my daughter said the program is tougher than the pre-med program he was in.

The admissions standards for your alma mater are obviously rock bottom.

Harry Krause

Calif Bill wrote:

[...]

And, as usual, your guess would have been wrong. But, then, you don't
get much right, do you, other than your politics.

My daughter is entering a Mechanical Engineering program at a prominent Midwestern
college.

Her mother must be the bright parent, eh?

Here is what they say:

Qualifications: The College of Engineering enrollment is selective-students typically
rank in the upper 20 percent or higher of their high school graduating class and score
an average ACT composite of 26 or higher (or SAT combined scores of 1180 or higher).

1180? For both? Pretty fripping low.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

Michael Seeley

Jim, Hate to disagree, and I'm sure your daughter is in a fine program but a
bachelor's degree is not required in the state of NC to get your PE. I'm
glad she is pursuing her bachelors and hope my daughter pursues the same.
While I realize NC is very poor in public education, the university system
is not that shabby.