Calif Bill

Default OT JoeTechnician licensed engineer or not?

Maybe they are as lax in testing PE's on Georgia as they are in giving
contractors license's. Would explain how asslicker got his PE.
Bill

"Joe" wrote in message

Actually you pay a lot of bucks. Take a test on law and trade, and

most
states have an experience requirement. Much like a PE.
Bill

Typical in Georgia is around $100.00. Test is simple, takes about 1
1/2 hours. No experience necessary.

No experience necessary?
They give out Electrical Contractors licenses to people with NO experience
in Georgia?

In Florida for the license I hold you must fit into one of the following
experience categories-

Licensed as an Electrical Professional Engineer for 3 of the past 12

years.
Management experience in the trade for 3 of the past 6 years.
Foreman, Supervisor, or contractor in the trade for 4 of the past 8 years.
Technical education or broad experience associated with electrical or

alarm
systems for 6 of the last 12 years

You must also list 5 jobs for each year of experience with contact
information, dates, and description of work performed.
All of this experience must be verifiable and W-2 forms provided for each
year.

In addition to the required experience you must provide a complete credit
report, verification of cash in the bank, a personal financial statement
prepared by a CPA, and a personal background check at the county, state

and
federal levels.

After you complete all required paperwork it must be approved by the DBPR

at
their quarterly meeting.
Once approved your are scheduled to sit for the test which will usually be

3
months after approval.

The test is a 5 hour test comprised of 100 questions on topics including
theory and electrical principals, wiring and protection, OSHA laws,

business
law, and schematics and diagram interpretation.
The passing rate is approximately 50%
After passing the test, you must provide a copy your of liability and
workman's comp insurance to the state and if your lucky you will receive
your license 12 weeks after passing the test.

The whole process will take approx 9 months and with fees and books will
cost you $900.
Licensed Electrical Contractors are also required to take 14 hours of
continuing education during each biennium.

So, in Florida at least, not "everybody" can get a contractors license.

Bill Cole

Bass,

Are you always so slow to learn? No one in rec.boats including Steve, Joe,
Calif Bill or others really care about the requirements for a PE test, they
are just having fun teasing you and watching you make a fool out of
yourself.

Now, I am just telling your this because I hate to see this go the way of
Bayliner boats. Also, it is always more fun to "catch and release" your
fish, so you can catch them on another day.

Bill

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Calif Bill" wrote in message

Maybe they are as lax in testing PE's on Georgia as they are in giving
contractors license's. Would explain how asslicker got his PE.
Bill

I'll respond, even though you are using school girl name calling
again. Actually, the GA P.E. test is considered quite thorough and
difficult, when compared to other states. What states are YOU a
licensed PE in? I figure since you act like you have knowledge on the
subject, we'd use the states you are licensed in as a reference. Oh,
that's right, you're NOT licensed.

basskisser

"Bill Cole" wrote in message news:PTo0b.151641$Oz4.42106@rwcrnsc54...
Bass,

Are you always so slow to learn? No one in rec.boats including Steve, Joe,
Calif Bill or others really care about the requirements for a PE test, they
are just having fun teasing you and watching you make a fool out of
yourself.

Now, I am just telling your this because I hate to see this go the way of
Bayliner boats. Also, it is always more fun to "catch and release" your
fish, so you can catch them on another day.

Bill

IF that is true, the joke is on them. Let's take them one at a time.
First Steve. Here is a person who thinks he knows everything from what
it takes to be a P.E., to Karate. He knows nothing of either, except
what he gets from websites. In his eyes, this makes him an expert.
Truly pathetic.
Joe, he tried and tried to say he was an engineer, licensed in Fl. and
Ga. When he was confronted, he wiggled, he waggled, he ended up acting
rather stupid. He NOW claims that he is a licensed CONTRACTOR. That is
a big difference in being an engineer.
Calf Bill, I pointed out specific verbage from websites for several
states, stating without a doubt, that if you have "engineer" in your
title, your company name, etc. you MUST be licensed as a professional
engineer. In these states, as is MOST states in the U.S., it is a
crime to do so without being a licensed PE. He, too, once claimed he
was an engineer, now claims to be a contractor. Again, big difference
in the two, and not even remotely related.
You, you just take everything that Steve, Joe, and Calif Bill say as
gospel. Sorry to say, but they are wrong in these instances. So wrong
in fact, that the only thing they can now do is call names.
basskisser

"Bill Cole" wrote in message et...
Bass,
You still don't get it, no one in this NG cares about any of that. I only
jump in occasionally because it is fun to watch you fight and try to flip
the lure as your jump.

If "no one in this NG cares", then why the idiotic crap such as "I'm
an engineer, licensed in Fl. and Ga."? Why would Calif Bill make dumb
statements that are not backed up by ANY state statutes? I'll tell you
why. They DO care. Joe and Calif Bill are trying to make themselves
out to be something they are not. And then, when they can't defend
themselves, the name calling starts. I haven't flipped, they have. I
have stuck to my original statements, and still do, as they are
correct.
Calif Bill

You dummy! We pointed out that ONLY "Consulting Engineer" "Registered
Engineer" Professional Engineer" are prohibited titles. Since you have a
problem comprehending written english, I point this out again.
Bill

"basskisser" wrote in message
m...