Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #41   Report Post  
Old June 3rd 04, 03:57 PM
John Smith
 
Posts: n/a
Default Harry reveals his true colors!

What do you think about Harry stating that all democrats should vote the
democratic ticket no matter who was on the ballot?


"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Jack Goff" wrote in message

...
"NOYB" wrote:

The $10 billion isn't going to us...and I never implied it was. The

oil,
however, very likely is going to us...which could prove very valuable

if
the
religious fundamentalists are successful in overthrowing the Saudi

Royals.


Forget it... these liberal hate mongers can't see past the nose on their
respective faces. They can only do one thing... spread hate about

anything
that's not deemed "good" by the liberal media and politicians they've

sold
their soul to.

Big picture? That idea is lost on these limited thinkers.

Jack


Hmm, let's see, you call liberals "limited thinkers", yet you righties
blindly follow a leader who has lied to you time and time again, just
because he's a repbulican. I call that pretty damned narrow minded.




  #42   Report Post  
Old June 3rd 04, 06:01 PM
NOYB
 
Posts: n/a
Default Harry reveals his true colors!


"thunder" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 21:55:29 -0400, NOYB wrote:


Or we can see to it that governments in the region put their own

economic
health, and the well-being of their people ahead of some misguided

radical
Islamic fundamentalist agenda where the sole purpose is converting the
World to Islam.

To quote Michael Douglass's character in Wall Street: "Greed is Good".

A
government that chooses to sell its oil to America will have much-needed
financial wealth. If that government is "of the people and for the
people" (rather than a tyrant or royal family hording all of the

wealth),
oil sales to America are a good thing for all parties involved.


Well, that's the plan in Iraq. Hopefully, this time it will work.


Do you then agree that bin Laden's goal is to disrupt the flow of oil to the
West and thuse destroy us economically?

Excuse
me for being a little jaded, but the history of the middle east if full of
budding democracies that were overthrown in the interest of oil. Our CIA
had a hand in several.


Too much of the wealth went to a tyrant or the ruling monarchy. Perhaps
they need unions and some Democratic senators to see that things are divided
a little more fairly. Perhaps we can send Harry and the other liberal
Democrats over there and make sure the working man gets his fair share.;-)


  #43   Report Post  
Old June 3rd 04, 06:06 PM
NOYB
 
Posts: n/a
Default Harry reveals his true colors!


"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"NOYB" wrote in message

...
"thunder" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 15:51:40 +0000, NOYB wrote:

The oil,
however, very likely is going to us...which could prove very

valuable if
the religious fundamentalists are successful in overthrowing the

Saudi
Royals.

Therein lies the problem. Most of the world's remaining oil supplies

lie
in unstable regions. We can try to continue to dominate these regions
militarily for the next forty to sixty years that oil remains viable,


Or we can see to it that governments in the region put their own

economic
health, and the well-being of their people ahead of some misguided

radical
Islamic fundamentalist agenda where the sole purpose is converting the

World
to Islam.

To quote Michael Douglass's character in Wall Street:
"Greed is Good". A government that chooses to sell its oil to America

will
have much-needed financial wealth. If that government is "of the people

and
for the people" (rather than a tyrant or royal family hording all of the
wealth), oil sales to America are a good thing for all parties involved.


There you go...when it doesn't make REAL sense, use Hollywood!!


If I quoted Adam Smith, you'd have to go to google just to figure out who I
was taking about. I figured you'd have heard of the movie "Wall Street".



  #44   Report Post  
Old June 3rd 04, 06:54 PM
basskisser
 
Posts: n/a
Default Harry reveals his true colors!

"John Smith" wrote in message news:L%[email protected]_s52...
What do you think about Harry stating that all democrats should vote the
democratic ticket no matter who was on the ballot?


I'd disagree. Unlike you, and some other republicans here, I don't
blindly follow ANY party. I've said that before. I would, however, in
this particular instance, put a caveat with that. Bush is dangerous.
He is dangerous to the well being of this country, he is dangerous
because of his foreign policy, he is dangerous for the environment,
and mostly (in my eyes) he is dangerous because he is all for taking
away our indiviual freedoms as granted to us by the consitution of the
United States. All of that being said, he needs to go, along with his
other crooked cabinet.
  #45   Report Post  
Old June 3rd 04, 07:09 PM
Harry Krause
 
Posts: n/a
Default Harry reveals his true colors!

basskisser wrote:
"John Smith" wrote in message news:L%[email protected]_s52...

What do you think about Harry stating that all democrats should vote the
democratic ticket no matter who was on the ballot?



I'd disagree. Unlike you, and some other republicans here, I don't
blindly follow ANY party. I've said that before. I would, however, in
this particular instance, put a caveat with that. Bush is dangerous.
He is dangerous to the well being of this country, he is dangerous
because of his foreign policy, he is dangerous for the environment,
and mostly (in my eyes) he is dangerous because he is all for taking
away our indiviual freedoms as granted to us by the consitution of the
United States. All of that being said, he needs to go, along with his
other crooked cabinet.



The last Republican presidential nominee I might have considered voting
for was Gerry Ford. I like Gerry Ford. I also like Bob Dole, and wish he
had stayed in the US Senate. I have great respect for John McCain, and
were he to loosen up on a couple of issues dear to me, I'd consider
voting for him, depending, of course, who was on the Democratic ticket.

The current GOP POTUS ought to be run out of town on a rail when his
term is over. History will not be kind to George W. Bush. He may well be
remembered as the most devisive and destructive POTUS in our nation's
history, the one who destroyed the nation's good will around the world.


  #46   Report Post  
Old June 3rd 04, 08:13 PM
John Smith
 
Posts: n/a
Default Harry reveals his true colors!


"Harry Krause" wrote in message
...
The last Republican presidential nominee I might have considered voting
for was Gerry Ford. I like Gerry Ford. I also like Bob Dole, and wish he
had stayed in the US Senate. I have great respect for John McCain, and
were he to loosen up on a couple of issues dear to me, I'd consider
voting for him, depending, of course, who was on the Democratic ticket.

The current GOP POTUS ought to be run out of town on a rail when his
term is over. History will not be kind to George W. Bush. He may well be
remembered as the most devisive and destructive POTUS in our nation's
history, the one who destroyed the nation's good will around the world.


Didn't you say that anyone who considers himself a democrat should vote for
the democratic ticket no matter who is on the ballot?



  #47   Report Post  
Old June 3rd 04, 08:33 PM
John H
 
Posts: n/a
Default Harry reveals his true colors!

I

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
  #48   Report Post  
Old June 3rd 04, 08:33 PM
John H
 
Posts: n/a
Default Harry reveals his true colors!

P

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
  #49   Report Post  
Old June 3rd 04, 08:34 PM
John H
 
Posts: n/a
Default Harry reveals his true colors!

S

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
  #50   Report Post  
Old June 3rd 04, 09:12 PM
thunder
 
Posts: n/a
Default Harry reveals his true colors!

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 17:01:29 +0000, NOYB wrote:


Do you then agree that bin Laden's goal is to disrupt the flow of oil to
the West and thuse destroy us economically?


I have no idea what bin Laden's goals are. It is relatively well
documented that his original goals were to get American forces out of
Saudi Arabia. This has been achieved. The present Saudi attacks raise
several questions for me. It could be, as you say, to disrupt the flow of
oil, or to scare away any "infidels" remaining in Islam's Holy Land. Or,
it may not have anything to do with us, but more with existing differences
with the Saudi regime. Another thing, it might not have anything to do
with bin Laden. It is my understanding that al Qaeda terror cells are set
up to work autonomously. bin Laden might not be controlling the present
attacks. Hell, bin Laden might be in Diego Garcia awaiting the news of
his capture sometime in October. ;-)





Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It depends on who you feed. CCred68046 General 78 April 29th 04 12:34 PM
OT--The French...again! NOYB General 8 December 30th 03 12:21 AM
Harry at the lunch counter Skipper General 7 October 4th 03 01:49 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 BoatBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Boats"

 

Copyright © 2017