NOYB

Default Harry reveals his true colors!

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Nobby and a few
other neocons here would support Dubya even if he stood up and said,
"virtually everything I've told you about my reasons for invading Iraq
were a lie."

As Wolfowitz said, they picked the one reason for invading Iraq that
everyone could agree upon...WMD. However, there were many reasons, the two
most important being: 1) protecting a continuous flow of oil regardless of
what happens with the unrest in Saudi Arabia, and 2) the geographically
strategic value of having US military bases on the borders of Syria and
Iran.

BTW--Did you see the report that Iraq is already selling $10 billion worth
of oil per year despite the al Qaeda attacks?

John Gaquin

"NOYB" wrote in message news:fz_uc.33575

BTW--Did you see the report that Iraq is already selling $10 billion worth
of oil per year despite the al Qaeda attacks?

Of course he did. But news that doesn't fit the agenda is disregarded. You
know that!

thunder

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 12:23:39 +0000, NOYB wrote:

BTW--Did you see the report that Iraq is already selling $10 billion worth
of oil per year despite the al Qaeda attacks?

What a deal! So far that $10 billion worth of oil has only cost us $115
billion and 700 young American lives.

http://costofwar.com/
NOYB

"thunder" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 12:23:39 +0000, NOYB wrote:

BTW--Did you see the report that Iraq is already selling $10 billion

worth
of oil per year despite the al Qaeda attacks?

What a deal! So far that $10 billion worth of oil has only cost us $115
billion and 700 young American lives.

http://costofwar.com/

The $10 billion isn't going to us...and I never implied it was. The oil,
however, very likely is going to us...which could prove very valuable if the
religious fundamentalists are successful in overthrowing the Saudi Royals.

Jack Goff

"NOYB" wrote:

The $10 billion isn't going to us...and I never implied it was. The oil,
however, very likely is going to us...which could prove very valuable if

the
religious fundamentalists are successful in overthrowing the Saudi Royals.

Forget it... these liberal hate mongers can't see past the nose on their
respective faces. They can only do one thing... spread hate about anything
that's not deemed "good" by the liberal media and politicians they've sold
their soul to.

Big picture? That idea is lost on these limited thinkers.

Jack

thunder

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 15:51:40 +0000, NOYB wrote:

The oil,
however, very likely is going to us...which could prove very valuable if
the religious fundamentalists are successful in overthrowing the Saudi
Royals.

Therein lies the problem. Most of the world's remaining oil supplies lie
in unstable regions. We can try to continue to dominate these regions
militarily for the next forty to sixty years that oil remains viable, a
solution costly in oil reserves and our youth, or we can attempt to reach
energy independence. Oil is a finite gift, sooner or later we will have
to learn to live with it's constraints, or die.
NOYB

"thunder" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 15:51:40 +0000, NOYB wrote:

The oil,
however, very likely is going to us...which could prove very valuable if
the religious fundamentalists are successful in overthrowing the Saudi
Royals.

Therein lies the problem. Most of the world's remaining oil supplies lie
in unstable regions. We can try to continue to dominate these regions
militarily for the next forty to sixty years that oil remains viable,

Or we can see to it that governments in the region put their own economic
health, and the well-being of their people ahead of some misguided radical
Islamic fundamentalist agenda where the sole purpose is converting the World
to Islam.

To quote Michael Douglass's character in Wall Street:
"Greed is Good". A government that chooses to sell its oil to America will
have much-needed financial wealth. If that government is "of the people and
for the people" (rather than a tyrant or royal family hording all of the
wealth), oil sales to America are a good thing for all parties involved.

thunder

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 21:55:29 -0400, NOYB wrote:

Or we can see to it that governments in the region put their own economic
health, and the well-being of their people ahead of some misguided radical
Islamic fundamentalist agenda where the sole purpose is converting the
World to Islam.

To quote Michael Douglass's character in Wall Street: "Greed is Good". A
government that chooses to sell its oil to America will have much-needed
financial wealth. If that government is "of the people and for the
people" (rather than a tyrant or royal family hording all of the wealth),
oil sales to America are a good thing for all parties involved.

Well, that's the plan in Iraq. Hopefully, this time it will work. Excuse
me for being a little jaded, but the history of the middle east if full of
budding democracies that were overthrown in the interest of oil. Our CIA
had a hand in several.
basskisser

"NOYB" wrote in message ...
"thunder" wrote in message
news
[...]

There you go...when it doesn't make REAL sense, use Hollywood!!
basskisser

"Jack Goff" wrote in message ...
"NOYB" wrote:

The $10 billion isn't going to us...and I never implied it was. The oil,
however, very likely is going to us...which could prove very valuable if

the
religious fundamentalists are successful in overthrowing the Saudi Royals.

Forget it... these liberal hate mongers can't see past the nose on their
respective faces. They can only do one thing... spread hate about anything
that's not deemed "good" by the liberal media and politicians they've sold
their soul to.

Big picture? That idea is lost on these limited thinkers.

Jack

Hmm, let's see, you call liberals "limited thinkers", yet you righties
blindly follow a leader who has lied to you time and time again, just
because he's a repbulican. I call that pretty damned narrow minded.

It depends on who you feed. CCred68046 General 78 April 29th 04 12:34 PM
OT--The French...again! NOYB General 8 December 30th 03 12:21 AM
Harry at the lunch counter Skipper General 7 October 4th 03 01:49 AM