Butch Davis

Kedge it off?

Butch
"rcoleman" wrote in message
. ..
Out goofing around yesterday, and found a 23' sailboat high and dry, maybe
15yds from a navigable creek. I'm guessing it could be dragged over the
marsh and into the water, but even with a really high lunar tide, it's
going to take some force. There isn't anything across from it to secure a
winch, and the creek isn't deep enough to get a big boat in to drag it
off.

Any idea how I can do this?

Ironically I want to float it to another location and beach it there.

Shortwave Sportfishing

On Mon, 30 May 2005 23:08:12 GMT, "Butch Davis"
wrote:

Kedge it off?

Hmmm - that might work. You'd need a heavy block and tackle set up
for a 23' boat though. Six/seven rove block at least.

Now that I think about it, that's as good a way as any. In particular
if you could use a truck to pull it up against the anchor.

Have to be a big anchor though if it's grounded.

Not a bad idea though.

Later,

Tom
Don White

wrote:

Kedge it off?

Hmmm - that might work. You'd need a heavy block and tackle set up
for a 23' boat though. Six/seven rove block at least.

Now that I think about it, that's as good a way as any. In particular
if you could use a truck to pull it up against the anchor.

Have to be a big anchor though if it's grounded.

Not a bad idea though.

Later,

Tom

Who said..'give me a big enough lever & I'll move the world'?
Shortwave Sportfishing

wrote:

Kedge it off?

Hmmm - that might work. You'd need a heavy block and tackle set up
for a 23' boat though. Six/seven rove block at least.

Now that I think about it, that's as good a way as any. In particular
if you could use a truck to pull it up against the anchor.

Have to be a big anchor though if it's grounded.

Not a bad idea though.

Who said..'give me a big enough lever & I'll move the world'?

Some guy who drank a lot of beer?

Later,

Tom