Capt. Neal®

"Ed H" wrote in message ...
Ok im a little confused as usual But can someone tell me where you change
your email address at when posting so it doesnt show your real email address

In Outlook Express click on . . .

Tools - Accounts - News - Properties - General Tab

Change your real e-mail to something bogus.

CN
Richard J Kinch

Tom Francis writes:

I keep mine separate and that's just the way it is.

To avoid a problem, you choose to forego a key benefit of email. You
provide no way for a stranger or old acquaintance to reach you. Fine if
you're happy with that, but don't act like it is a solution to the problem.
Richard J Kinch

Wayne.B writes:

My point was that if you avoid posting your private EMAIL, it will
attract less SPAM, hopefully none.

My point was that you *can't* avoid it. Sooner or later it will leak.
Richard J Kinch

Yes, it's me writes:

I don't see anyone posting home addresses and telephone numbers, why an
email address?

I get a lot of replies or inquiries privately from Usenet postings. Some
people will want to communicate, but not publicly.
Shortwave Sportfishing

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 00:21:25 -0500, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

Yes, it's me writes:

I don't see anyone posting home addresses and telephone numbers, why an
email address?

I get a lot of replies or inquiries privately from Usenet postings. Some
people will want to communicate, but not publicly.

So do I off my website. I'm not particularly interested in conversing
with anybody from Usenet unless it's a mutual exchange for some
reason.

It does reduce spam by an amazing amount.

Later,

Tom

Shortwave Sportfishing

wrote:

Yes, it's me writes:

I don't see anyone posting home addresses and telephone numbers, why an
email address?

I get a lot of replies or inquiries privately from Usenet postings. Some
people will want to communicate, but not publicly.

So do I off my website. I'm not particularly interested in conversing
with anybody from Usenet unless it's a mutual exchange for some
reason.

Well, that explains those hot chats I hear you have with
Karen Smith. :}

I have no problems with Karen - she has an opinion and is more than
willing to share it. We all do that.

Seriously, though, I agree. There haven't been that many usenetters I've
encountered over the years with whom I wanted to exchange emails or
telephone numbers or some other information.

I have developed friendships over the years on Usenet and have even
met quite a few in real life. A couple of fishing partners were met
on the Internet and I have a few social contacts that I regularly
converse with.

So there is a benefit in a mutual exchange of contact information, but
just for thrill of being contacted by somebody I don't know, uh uh.

Later,

Tom
Shortwave Sportfishing

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 00:15:56 -0500, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

Tom Francis writes:

I keep mine separate and that's just the way it is.

To avoid a problem, you choose to forego a key benefit of email. You
provide no way for a stranger or old acquaintance to reach you. Fine if
you're happy with that, but don't act like it is a solution to the problem.

One, I don't want a stranger to contact me - of what possible use
would that be?

Two, many of my old friends are still friends and those who do keep in
touch have my email address and have for years. So what's the point?

By the way, nice looking website you have.

Later,

Tom
John H

wrote:

Tom Francis writes:

I keep mine separate and that's just the way it is.

To avoid a problem, you choose to forego a key benefit of email. You
provide no way for a stranger or old acquaintance to reach you. Fine if
you're happy with that, but don't act like it is a solution to the problem.

One, I don't want a stranger to contact me - of what possible use
would that be?

Two, many of my old friends are still friends and those who do keep in
touch have my email address and have for years. So what's the point?

By the way, nice looking website you have.

Later,

Tom

I've found that I can usually contact an old acquaintance by picking up the
telephone, and vice-versa.
--
John H

Me Skippy

Harry,
You do seem to be obsessed with me. For the last week, I seem to be the
topic in every one of your posts. I am thinking of starting a 12 step
program to help you get over your obsession, would you be interested in
joining?

"Harry.Krause" wrote in message
Italy Anonymous Remailer wrote:

So do you agree with OT posting to rec.boats? I use a variety of fake
e-mail addresses to hammer spammer. To tell you the truth, I don't give a
rat's ass about the return address I use. If I use the same one, it can
be
easily kill filtered ruining my fun.

It's easy to "kill filter" you under any circumstances, bozo. And even if
it were not, no one really cares how hard you work at proving what
an ass you are.

You're just another variant of the SmithersPox.

JimH

"Me Skippy" wrote in message
Harry,
You do seem to be obsessed with me. For the last week, I seem to be the
topic in every one of your posts. I am thinking of starting a 12 step
program to help you get over your obsession, would you be interested in
joining?

"Harry.Krause" wrote in message
Italy Anonymous Remailer wrote:

So do you agree with OT posting to rec.boats? I use a variety of fake
e-mail addresses to hammer spammer. To tell you the truth, I don't give
rat's ass about the return address I use. If I use the same one, it can
be
easily kill filtered ruining my fun.

It's easy to "kill filter" you under any circumstances, bozo. And even if
it were not, no one really cares how hard you work at proving what
an ass you are.

Seems like it comes easy for you Krause.

Hillary In 2008 gonefishiing ASA 57 November 9th 04 12:58 AM
WARNING -- "Britney Spears Topless all new" is a virus John H General 5 February 4th 04 05:23 AM
Britney Spears Topless all new John H General 0 February 3rd 04 01:51 PM
Britney Spears Topless 4738 DON'T OPEN!!!!!!!!!! terry Boat Building 0 January 30th 04 09:30 PM
OT - The mystery of Britney Spear's breasts Simple Simon ASA 2 December 28th 03 09:55 PM