gonefishiing

Default Hillary In 2008

help us all
on the positive side, she'll be out of NY, where she has not done a damn
thing of value.
gf.

Bobsprit

help us all
on the positive side, she'll be out of NY, where she has not done a damn
thing of value.

She's a Jr. Senator for CS. What exactly do you expect her to do? Are you even
aware of her heavy campaigning to stop dumping into the LIS after Bush cut
fines against it? We had the usual 3 "accidental" spills into the sound this
year. Only Hillary and Schumer were trying to do anything about it.

RB
gonefishiing

was there some other senator besides hillary and chuck that should have been
doing something about it?
what was accomplished?

of all the bills she has presented to the 108th congress, can you please
point to her accompliushements, relative to NY.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery

it appears for the year 2003 one of her few successful bills out of 138
atempts, is as follows:

10. S.RES.377 : A resolution congratulating the Le Moyne College Dolphins
men's lacrosse team on winning the 2004 NCAA Division II men's lacrosse
National Championship.
Sponsor: Sen Clinton, Hillary Rodham [NY] (introduced 6/14/2004)
Cosponsors (1)
Latest Major Action: 6/14/2004 Passed/agreed to in Senate. Status:
Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed to without amendment and
with a preamble by Unanimous Consent.

and the infactuation with the post office stamps: what the heck is that
about.

on a positve note: another was for 4million dollars for mental health
treatment related to 9/11.

gf

She's a Jr. Senator for CS. What exactly do you expect her to do? Are you
even
aware of her heavy campaigning to stop dumping into the LIS after Bush cut
fines against it? We had the usual 3 "accidental" spills into the sound
this
year. Only Hillary and Schumer were trying to do anything about it.

RB

Scott Vernon

"gonefishiing" wrote

on a positve note: another was for 4million dollars for mental

health
treatment

no wonder boob likes her.

Bobsprit

was there some other senator besides hillary and chuck that should have been
doing something about it?
what was accomplished?

Hillary took it up with Eliot Spitzer, who is now after them. She actually
directly prevented a 4 spill when some outfit claimed they couldn't prevent it.
She shut them down with a court order.
You said she did nothing, but Hillary is a major environmental advocate who's
already protected the waters you sail in.
I'm sorry if you don't see this as "doing something."
In addition to that, she's added considerable fund raising punch to Schumer's
plans to revitalize aspects of children's services.

RB

gonefishiing

ok again: was some other senator supposedly to do her job?
LONG TERM: what was accomplished?

138 bills presented in one year!
with few (very few) successful attempts
how about one or two that are worth the paper they are written on,
instead of the steady barrage presented to congress with a fair precentage
of them withdrawn.
this would require someone with clear thought and focus

advocates are great. accomplishments are better.
i am an advocate for many things
for a cleaner environment as well.
for children (who the hell isn't)
yet being an advocate does not consitute a good senator. junior or
otherwise.
Pete Seeger is an advocate, far more succesful than hillary by a long shot
far more interesting.

the vast majority of the bills (the important ones) concerning the
environment were not sponsered by her, she simply joined the coattails of
other senators. the rest were for postage stamps and the like.
this is an interesting strategy if you think about it.
no responsiblity when it fails.

Eliot Spitzer is "after her" simply because he has his eye on pataki's
office and can use all the democratic support he can get

yes she has worked some on the rights of children and deserves credit for
this (somewhat misguided) effort.

on another note: there is a signifcant development project underway near me.
She has shown up for all the Photo Ops and claimed responsibilty for the
"funding".
want to venture a guess: the funding is not in place. the project has come
to a halt.
fine "representation" don't you think
more smoke screens.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
was there some other senator besides hillary and chuck that should have
been
doing something about it?
what was accomplished?

Hillary took it up with Eliot Spitzer, who is now after them. She actually
directly prevented a 4 spill when some outfit claimed they couldn't
prevent it.
She shut them down with a court order.
You said she did nothing, but Hillary is a major environmental advocate
who's
already protected the waters you sail in.
I'm sorry if you don't see this as "doing something."
In addition to that, she's added considerable fund raising punch to
Schumer's
plans to revitalize aspects of children's services.

RB

Bobsprit

ok again: was some other senator supposedly to do her job?
LONG TERM: what was accomplished?

Hillary is a Jr. Senator. Do you know what that is? As a Jr. Senator, Hillary
has worked with Charles Schumer and aided in much of his work. You notice that
Schumer is a pretty popular guy and Hillary works hand in hand with him.
As for directly aiding you, she has worked hard on environmental factors in NY.
Don't you care about that?

RB
Bobsprit

advocates are great. accomplishments are better.
i am an advocate for many things
for a cleaner environment as well.
for children (who the hell isn't)

As I said, Hillary was behind shutting down additional dumping on the LIS.
That's apart from Schumer.
She's brought in additional funding for children's programs. In fact, the
Queens activity center in my neighborhood was brought back to life by Hillary.
Sorry, you just don't know the facts on Hillary. Then again it does not appear
that your are aware of limited capacity of a Jr. Senator. Hillary is more
active than most.

RB
Bobsprit

Pete Seeger is an advocate, far more succesful than hillary by a long shot
far more interesting.

Pete Seeger hasn't done anything for local schools, but then I don't expect him
to. Pete Seeger supported and continues to support Hillary, BTW. They co-hosted
several environmental rallies.

RB
Bobsprit

the vast majority of the bills (the important ones) concerning the
environment were not sponsered by her, she simply joined the coattails of
other senators.

Sorry, you're dead wrong. Hillary has played a major part in cleaning up the
LIS, even beyond what Schumer was getting done on his own. Her profile renewed
legal action against companies who were dumping.
I see that you don't like her, but it does not appear to be founded on facts.

RB

2008 Eisboch General 13 November 8th 04 09:09 PM
Kerry or Hillary? Recobee ASA 19 October 19th 04 12:17 AM
Donations for Hillary Scott Vernon ASA 1 July 26th 03 04:10 PM