NOYB

Default Worlds Most Powerfull 4 stroke OB

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 00:07:34 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 18:48:37 GMT, WaIIy
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:18:28 -0500, Gene Kearns

wrote:

It is truly a shame that in America a physician has to operate at a
loss to stay in business. Maybe he'll post an address so that we can
send donations to our resident health care provider so that he won't
have to go hungry.

4 boats in 3 years. Two at one time. Nice.

If you would like to enjoy what NOYB has, go to dental school.
Problem solved.

I don't need to go to dental school, thanks. I like what I do and I
don't think I would enjoy being a dentist. I have enough material
"stuff" and don't begrudge others that may have more than I do. I
don't think, however, I could enjoy those boats knowing I was
charging more for services than the average Joe can afford.... knowing
that some guy is looking at these artificially inflated prices and
making a decision between healthcare for his kids and the rent
payment.

You're assuming an awful lot here, Gene. My prices are just below the
median for my area. Sure, many fees in dentistry are more than the

average
Joe can afford. However, that has more to do with the high cost of
delivering services today, than it does with any "price gouging".

Averaged out, my expenses are 69% of my collections. I get to keep 31

cents
of every dollar I produce.

That's a pretty high margin for a company producing in the millions, but
pretty darn low for a 5-employee business like mine.

In 1 1/2 hours, I do a crown and buildup...and gross $950...or I can do
maybe 3 fillings...and gross $375-450.

For the crown, I dedicate another 1/2 hour appointment when I cement it.
So, that's two hours of work...with $250/hr in expenses...plus $150-200

lab
bill. Therefore, I net $250-300...which is $125-150/hr. Not bad!

For the fillings, I have no lab bill, but I still have the $250/hr

overhead
to cover. In 1 1/2 hours, my overhead is 375. Therefore, I net between

$0
and $75...which is $0-50/hr. Not good!

I could make a lot more money by simply increasing production (since most

of
my expenses are "fixed" or "fixed variable"), but I choose to see one
patient at a time.

SOB! I make more money per hour than you do!

That's because you're price gouging and I'm fair with my prices.

Hang on.... I'm gonna
check and see why *I* don't have two boats..........

Because you have two brand new motors.

Harry Krause

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:07:38 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

No offense, fellows, but since I haven't really stated my full position
on the provision of medical services, it is somewhat presumptuous for
any of you to assume I favor what you are calling "socialized" medicine.
Further, I have no idea what you mean by "socialized" medicine.

I am in favor of a method that provides anyone in this country who needs
medical or dental services or prescriptions to have access to them on a
reasonable basis, whether or not they have the funds to pay for those
services or for an insurance plan that pays on their behalf.

That is *not* what is commonly referred to as "socialized" medicine.

Sorry Harry,

If you are referring to my comment... it wasn't a jab at your
position.... because, truly, I don't know what it is. NOYB, however,
seems to often use his perception of your position as a straw man for
purposes of stumping for .... well, I'm not really sure what....
usually extremely right wing to the point of caricature.... leading
one to assume that at least 85% of the poster's intent is a troll.

I merely mean to splatter him with broad brush he often uses to paint
you..... I mean no offense.

No problem, but it gets wearisome to read all the preconceived notions
all the time of all the kneejerk righties (and I don't mean you). These
guys really are part of something like the BORG collective, incapable of
independent thought.

NOYB

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message

at least 85% of the poster's intent is a troll.

Moi? ;-)

DSK

I think in this case it's deja-vous

DSK

Gene Kearns wrote:

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 03:24:37 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message

at least 85% of the poster's intent is a troll.

Moi? ;-)

Vous.

Del Cecchi

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:54:22 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

I've heard that the Big Suzuki and Honda four-strokes call for, among

other
things, a 100 hour service that requires pulling the cam and adjusting

the
valves...to the tune of $1000. Anybody else hear that?

Pulling the cam? $1000 to adjust the valves? That sounds reasonable.

There is a nice article covering how to check the valve clearance and do the
adjustment on the 4 stroke yamahas in the new Bass and Walleye boats
magazine. These are the ones with the shims under the valve lifters. Most
of the motorcycles use them.

Really interesting read. Makes the old Hondas (and vw bugs) that were
adjusted with a feeler gauge, a box end wrench, and a screwdriver look good.

Clams Canino wrote:
: Mercury Marine unveils the new Verado today.

: Supercharged even.

: http://www.mercurymarine.com/

: -W

I was reading in Hot Boat Magazine that Yamaha has plans for a 300 HP 4 stroke.

Harry Krause

:
http://www.mercurymarine.com/

: -W

I was reading in Hot Boat Magazine that Yamaha has plans for a 300 HP 4 stroke.

I was told that it was "beyond the planning stage" by a Yamaha factory
rep I ran into at a fishing show in Maryland, and that it would, in
fact, be available for sale in three years.

2 stroke vs. 4 stroke?? jeffo General 7 February 14th 04 11:20 PM
4 stroke produces more "thrust"???? RG General 24 December 10th 03 03:14 AM
Changing Spark Plugs Mercury 4 Stroke Engine Ernie General 0 October 7th 03 04:01 AM
old 2 stroke oil mix calhoun General 5 October 6th 03 07:45 PM
what is the right spark plug for a 25 hp johnson/evenrude 2 stroke mike General 2 September 3rd 03 10:00 AM