NOYB

Default Worlds Most Powerfull 4 stroke OB

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 00:07:34 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 18:48:37 GMT, WaIIy
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:18:28 -0500, Gene Kearns

wrote:

It is truly a shame that in America a physician has to operate at a
loss to stay in business. Maybe he'll post an address so that we can
send donations to our resident health care provider so that he won't
have to go hungry.

4 boats in 3 years. Two at one time. Nice.

If you would like to enjoy what NOYB has, go to dental school.
Problem solved.

I don't need to go to dental school, thanks. I like what I do and I
don't think I would enjoy being a dentist. I have enough material
"stuff" and don't begrudge others that may have more than I do. I
don't think, however, I could enjoy those boats knowing I was
charging more for services than the average Joe can afford.... knowing
that some guy is looking at these artificially inflated prices and
making a decision between healthcare for his kids and the rent
payment.

You're assuming an awful lot here, Gene. My prices are just below the
median for my area. Sure, many fees in dentistry are more than the

average
Joe can afford. However, that has more to do with the high cost of
delivering services today, than it does with any "price gouging".

Averaged out, my expenses are 69% of my collections. I get to keep 31

cents
of every dollar I produce.

That's a pretty high margin for a company producing in the millions, but
pretty darn low for a 5-employee business like mine.

In 1 1/2 hours, I do a crown and buildup...and gross $950...or I can do
maybe 3 fillings...and gross $375-450.

For the crown, I dedicate another 1/2 hour appointment when I cement it.
So, that's two hours of work...with $250/hr in expenses...plus $150-200

lab
bill. Therefore, I net $250-300...which is $125-150/hr. Not bad!

For the fillings, I have no lab bill, but I still have the $250/hr

overhead
to cover. In 1 1/2 hours, my overhead is 375. Therefore, I net between

$0
and $75...which is $0-50/hr. Not good!

I could make a lot more money by simply increasing production (since most

of
my expenses are "fixed" or "fixed variable"), but I choose to see one
patient at a time.

SOB! I make more money per hour than you do!

That's because you're price gouging and I'm fair with my prices.

Hang on.... I'm gonna
check and see why *I* don't have two boats..........

Because you have two brand new motors.