mike

Default what is the right spark plug for a 25 hp johnson/evenrude 2 stroke

Ive got a 2 cylinder 25 horse(johnson/evenrude) two stroke outboard.
The plug that was in it an L77J4 the book calls for a QL82C the
autoparts store sold me 2 QL82YC. Which is the right plug thanks Mike
Billgran

"mike" wrote in message
om...
Ive got a 2 cylinder 25 horse(johnson/evenrude) two stroke outboard.
The plug that was in it an L77J4 the book calls for a QL82C the
autoparts store sold me 2 QL82YC. Which is the right plug thanks Mike

The store gave you the wrong plug, The QL82YC is an extended nose plug and
is not designed for your 25. The QL82C is the factory recommended plug for
your motor, but you can use the QL77JC4 also, but it may foul a bit sooner.
OMC back around '95 revised many of their plug recommendations, so some
manuals may show only the old plug numbers in them.

Bill Grannis
service manager

Fred O.

Bill,
What is the purpose of the bleed tube on a Merc 9.9 2 stroke engine?
Mine was cracked and dry rotted and I thought it may have contributed to the engine flooding out or dying out when under part
throttle.
The repair shop said no way the cause was the switchbox! And it would only be 345.00 to replace it.

Fredo

"Billgran" wrote in message ...

"mike" wrote in message
om...
Ive got a 2 cylinder 25 horse(johnson/evenrude) two stroke outboard.
The plug that was in it an L77J4 the book calls for a QL82C the
autoparts store sold me 2 QL82YC. Which is the right plug thanks Mike

The store gave you the wrong plug, The QL82YC is an extended nose plug and
is not designed for your 25. The QL82C is the factory recommended plug for
your motor, but you can use the QL77JC4 also, but it may foul a bit sooner.
OMC back around '95 revised many of their plug recommendations, so some
manuals may show only the old plug numbers in them.

Bill Grannis
service manager

Optimax Spark Plug changes Ken Tanaka General 1 August 28th 03 04:07 AM
Spark plug damage john collins General 7 July 25th 03 05:51 PM
spark plug damage repair john collins General 0 July 24th 03 09:26 PM
Engine hard to start = need change spark plug? Sled Monkey General 0 July 16th 03 07:41 PM