KMAN

"Scott Weiser" wrote in message
A Usenet persona calling itself KMAN wrote:

in article , Scott Weiser at
wrote on 4/15/05 10:22 PM:

A Usenet persona calling itself KMAN wrote:

As for "assigning a boss" to a disabled person, every person who
enters
the
workforce gets assigned a "boss," and every person needs to learn how
be
"bossed" in one way or another. That's life. Get used to it.

Why should people with disabilities "get used to" being bossed by
non-disabled people?!?

It's not just "disabled people," it's *everyone.* All children will
ultimately grow up and become members of the workforce, and they will be
"bossed" by any number of people in their lives. They need to learn how
be a good subordinate FIRST. The military knows this, which is why even
General officers start out as boot recruits, where they learn to be
"bossed." It has absolutely nothing whatever to do with one's disability
status.

I don't hear you assigning any people with disabilities to boss their
non-disabled peers.
So, obviously, since your little system features
non-disabled people bossing disabled people, the main outcome will be as
stated: people with disabilities will get used to being bossed by
non-disabled people, and non-disabled people will get used to bossing
people
with disabilities.

Don't be silly, that's what mentoring programs are *about.* I never
suggested NOT mentoring non disabled students. In fact I repeatedly told
you
that ANY student who was having difficulty in a specific academic area
needs
to be mentored.

It so happens that we are specifically discussing the disabled, but that
in
no way suggests that they are the only students who need mentors.

But the only reason they need "mentors" (or really "peer bosses" in your
system) is because they are being forced into an inappropriate curriculum to
begin with.

But before you come up with some scheme to give the people with
disabilties
equal bossing time, why the heck do these kids need to be bossing each
other
at all...they already have teachers, principals, parents, and other
authority figures to boss them.

You really seem to have some sort of authority-figure aversion.

No, I'm just explaining that there is no issue with not having any authority
figures to teach them how to be bossed. No need to throw peers into the mix.

Why not just eliminate the need for this
misguided and dangerous scheme by ensuring that students have an
appropriate
curriculum?

Mentoring is an appropriate curriculum for a student who is having
difficulty.

They wouldn't be having difficulty if they weren't being subjected to an
inappropriate curriculum.

My goodness you are such a fool. This is EXACTLY why people with
disabilities are so vulnerable to sexual assault and other forms of
abuse.
Fools like you actually want them to learn to be victims, and to teach
non-disabled people to be victimizers. Amazingly stupid.

You certainly are if you think that teaching children to be subordinate
authority is a bad thing.

Teaching people with disabilities to be a subordinate class of lesser
humans
who are to yield control of their own lives to a higher class of
non-disabled people is most definitely and unquestionably a very bad
thing
and leads to horrifying rates of sexual assault and other forms of abuse.

Specious, unsubstantiated, hysterical, untrue claptrap and nonsense.

Only because you are ignorant.

Scott, you had what you no doubt thought to be an interesting idea but it
is
totally without merit,

Sez you. It's not my idea, it's an idea held by many education
professionals, none of whom see the bogey-man you're in a panic about.

They are ignorant too. That's the beauty of being an "education
professional" the damage you do becomes someone else's problem.

and would lead to a vulnerable group of people being
further victimized, and the school being nothing but a training ground
for
victims and abusers.

Your anti-paranoia medication is wearing off.

Your ignorance is astounding.

KMAN

"Oci-One Kanubi" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi folks! Just thought I'd pop in and see how you are getting on.

I see that Sadder-butt Weiser is still spouting arrant nonsense, such
as:

...The military knows this, which is why even
General officers start out as boot recruits, where they learn to be
"bossed."...

In fact, only a small percentage of the officer corps is drawn from
enlisted recruits, and only a *tiny* percentage of general officers
come up from the ranks.

But when did Scott ever let truth and accuracy get in the way of what
looks (to him) like a good debating point?

Hang in there Scottie; keep on spittin' against the wind until you
finally bring it to a stop!

I'll look in again next month to see if yer still beating the same dead
horses.
-Richard, His Kanubic Travesty

He's taken to citing anonymous "education experts."

You know Scotty is in trouble when...

Scott Weiser

A Usenet persona calling itself Oci-One Kanubi wrote:

Hi folks! Just thought I'd pop in and see how you are getting on.

I see that Sadder-butt Weiser is still spouting arrant nonsense, such
as:

...The military knows this, which is why even
General officers start out as boot recruits, where they learn to be
"bossed."...

In fact, only a small percentage of the officer corps is drawn from
enlisted recruits, and only a *tiny* percentage of general officers
come up from the ranks.

Every officer in the United States Army goes through OCS, where they get the
living **** "bossed" out of them as recruits. The whole point is to teach
them how to obey (and give) orders.

Evidently you don't know **** from Shinola. Small surprise.

--
Regards,
Scott Weiser

"I love the Internet, I no longer have to depend on
friends, family and co-workers, I can annoy people WORLDWIDE!" TM

© 2005 Scott Weiser

Junior Member

You made a typical lot of incorrect assumptions. I do not have a Family members, smoking or moderate surplus in the health drink. As you know, exercise is diabetes, especially important. As the climbing up and down about our home, and I paddle the mountains. In addition, I am pleased that my small proportion of local and national tax revenue to support our local hospital, and to provide local emergency medical volunteers and help distribute vaccines and medicines to the community.