Butch Ammon

Default See you all in the spring....

Well, I have been lurking in the shadows for some time now and see the group is
still fighting amongst the ranks. I wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas
and I'll be back on here in the spring.

FWIW... since my boat is wrapped up and winterized, I have been enjoying my
free time going hunting. A few members of this group (you know who you are)
could use a good dose of the outdoors. Get yourself some camoflage, grab a
lever-action 30-30 rifle, or 12GA shotgun, and head out into the woods or the
edge of a farmers field. It's a true challenge and is rich in tradition.

Butch Ammon
Don White

With Christmas Season and all it's hard to get excited about shootin' &
killin'
Maybe a little later on when cabin fever sets in.
Here you have to wear 'hunter orange' so the other gun nuts have a better
target. :-)

Butch Ammon wrote in message
Well, I have been lurking in the shadows for some time now and see the

group is
still fighting amongst the ranks. I wanted to wish you all a Merry

Christmas
and I'll be back on here in the spring.

FWIW... since my boat is wrapped up and winterized, I have been enjoying

my
free time going hunting. A few members of this group (you know who you

are)
could use a good dose of the outdoors. Get yourself some camoflage, grab

lever-action 30-30 rifle, or 12GA shotgun, and head out into the woods or

the
edge of a farmers field. It's a true challenge and is rich in tradition.

Butch Ammon

Gould 0738

Off-topic posting is a bit like farting in a house of worship.
Only children, the arrogant, or the ignorant, can truly enjoy it.
Only the arrogant and the ignorant insist on it.

To email me, remove the "OT-" from OT-wrecked.boats.noah.
...as you were. )

Bitching and criticizing is pretty easy.

How long since you last started an on-topic thread?
noah

On 11 Dec 2003 22:16:47 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

Off-topic posting is a bit like farting in a house of worship.
Only children, the arrogant, or the ignorant, can truly enjoy it.
Only the arrogant and the ignorant insist on it.

To email me, remove the "OT-" from OT-wrecked.boats.noah.
...as you were. )

Bitching and criticizing is pretty easy.

How long since you last started an on-topic thread?

Do you see what you're doing Chuck? "Bitching and criticising" about
my signature? I've had a lot of respect for you in the past, but your
"snipe" was unnecessary. My sig is MY opinion, and I stand by it.

This place is operated like a private boys club. A relatively small
number of reg's see it as their personal playground, and to hell with
anyone that is concerned about trivialities such as simple Usenet
etiquette. Those who dare to mention the fact that most of this ****
is totally off-topic are bullied or insulted until they shut up, or go
away. Well, screw that....!

I started an on-topic thread two days ago (see STELLAMARE), and I've
posted to a few more.

What's your beef? Did I hit a nerve?
Regards,
noah

********************
Off-topic posting is a bit like farting in a house of worship.
Only children, the arrogant, or the ignorant, can truly enjoy it.
Only the arrogant and the ignorant insist on it.

To email me, remove the "OT-" from OT-wrecked.boats.noah.
....as you were. )

Charles

Gould 0738 wrote:

Off-topic posting is a bit like farting in a house of worship.
Only children, the arrogant, or the ignorant, can truly enjoy it.
Only the arrogant and the ignorant insist on it.

To email me, remove the "OT-" from OT-wrecked.boats.noah.
...as you were. )

Bitching and criticizing is pretty easy.

How long since you last started an on-topic thread?

Throw a rock in a pack of dogs. The one that yelps is the one that got hit.

woof woof gould.

-- Charlie

Dave Hall

Butch Ammon wrote:

Well, I have been lurking in the shadows for some time now and see the group is
still fighting amongst the ranks. I wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas
and I'll be back on here in the spring.

FWIW... since my boat is wrapped up and winterized, I have been enjoying my
free time going hunting. A few members of this group (you know who you are)
could use a good dose of the outdoors. Get yourself some camoflage, grab a
lever-action 30-30 rifle, or 12GA shotgun, and head out into the woods or the
edge of a farmers field. It's a true challenge and is rich in tradition.

Just watch out for those protesters who don't share your view of hunting
as a "rich" tradition. In their eyes, you're an "evil" person......

Dave

Butch Ammon

Just watch out for those protesters who don't share your view of hunting
as a "rich" tradition. In their eyes, you're an "evil" person......

I know what you are saying. I dealt with that here at work. One of the ladies
in the admin dept came over to my cubicle one time to talk to me. She saw a
bunch of old Field & Stream magazines on file cabinet, and saw the photo of me
decked out in camoflage, standing in front of a duck boat, holding a pair of
ducks. She darn near wigged out on me: "Is that YOU? Oh my God... I didn't
know you got into that stuff! You don't seem like the type".

"The TYPE"?!?! What "type" is she referring to? Hmmm.... Maybe it's because
I'm a mild mannered white collared computer geek, but on weekends I don the
camoflage and go hunting.

Anyway, take care everyone and have a wonderful Christmas holiday!

Butch Ammon