No Spam

Default Posting Guide-on question

I bought a posting guide-on (made by Fulton) for my 14" boat, but it seems
like there isn't enough room to install on my trailer!!! This is
unbelievable!! I was told to install close to the end if possible but my
trailer's wheel is too close to the end, the hardware doesn't got enough
space to mount it.

My question is: If I mount it on the frame located in front of the wheel,
will it defeat the purpose of the posting guide?

Interestingly, I saw this on the web site:
http://www.cabelas.com/information/M...t-Rollers.html

They said even you can mount it on the A-frame. (I have A-Frame too). Any
suggestions?

N.S.

Gary Warner

The picture in the link you provided shows the guide mounted near the front
of the trailer.
And the text there says, "These rollers mount on the front of most A-frame
boat trailers
to prevent the bow of the boat from swinging to either side of the trailer"

Do you think your problem with getting the boat centered on the trailer is
more
the bow not centering or the stern?

No Spam

Actually I am having problem stern problem. but the problem is I have very
limited space on my trailer.. let me take a photo and post it here and u
will know what i mean...

"Gary Warner" wrote in message

The picture in the link you provided shows the guide mounted near the

front
of the trailer.
And the text there says, "These rollers mount on the front of most A-frame
boat trailers
to prevent the bow of the boat from swinging to either side of the

trailer"

Do you think your problem with getting the boat centered on the trailer is
more
the bow not centering or the stern?

No Spam

Here are my photos.. I am posting the URL, not actual files: (I haven't
installed it yet, I just put it on for you guys to take a look)

http://members.rogers.com/londonboy/...n/P0002882.jpg
http://members.rogers.com/londonboy/...n/P0002883.jpg
http://members.rogers.com/londonboy/...n/P0002884.jpg
http://members.rogers.com/londonboy/...n/P0002885.jpg

As you can see, there isn't enough space coz my trailer is pretty small.
One side of the mounting bracket is not sitting flat and the other bracket
is touching the spring of the suspension system.

If I install it the way it is, forcing to tighten the screws do u will
that be a problem? Actually I have a question about the Spring but it is
out of topic, I will post it as another thread.

Thanks for help guys.. any suggestions are welcome.

N.S.

"Gary Warner" wrote in message

You can't post it here, but you can send to my email address.

Not sure I can help much with ideas, but I'll try.

"No Spam" wrote in message
news

Actually I am having problem stern problem. but the problem is I have

very
limited space on my trailer.. let me take a photo and post it here and u
will know what i mean...

"Gary Warner" wrote in message

The picture in the link you provided shows the guide mounted near the

front
of the trailer.
And the text there says, "These rollers mount on the front of most

A-frame
boat trailers
to prevent the bow of the boat from swinging to either side of the

trailer"

Do you think your problem with getting the boat centered on the

trailer
is
more
the bow not centering or the stern?

Mark Browne

"No Spam" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
Here are my photos.. I am posting the URL, not actual files: (I haven't
installed it yet, I just put it on for you guys to take a look)

http://members.rogers.com/londonboy/...n/P0002882.jpg
http://members.rogers.com/londonboy/...n/P0002883.jpg
http://members.rogers.com/londonboy/...n/P0002884.jpg
http://members.rogers.com/londonboy/...n/P0002885.jpg

As you can see, there isn't enough space coz my trailer is pretty small.
One side of the mounting bracket is not sitting flat and the other bracket
is touching the spring of the suspension system.

If I install it the way it is, forcing to tighten the screws do u will
that be a problem? Actually I have a question about the Spring but it is
out of topic, I will post it as another thread.

snip
I see a problem here - the end of the spring is tight against the mounting
bracket for the guide.
This will not allow the spring to flex correctly. I expect the spring to
fail prematurely if the bracket is rigid enough to prevent this movement.

Mark Browne

L. A. Powell

For what it's worth, I wouldn't try to use the guides as you propose.
They will interfere with your spring flexion need, and are too far out
to serve you well. If your purpose is to allow easy centering up of the
boat's keel, the guides you show MAY help if they are mounted forward of
the bunks, near or on the A-frame portion of the trailer. That will help
get the bow lined up, and with a nudge of the outboard, you can center
up the stern. A roller to support the keel near the bow will also help.
I can't tell from the photos, but you may be able to mount the guides on
the cross member where the license tag and tail lights are mounted.

"No Spam" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
[...]

"No Spam" wrote in message
news

[...]

Long Island Sound wave height question Chris General 7 September 1st 03 03:48 PM
Group newbie with a prop question... WildestDream General 4 August 29th 03 05:30 AM
Transom Height - Dumb Question Alert Michael Gagliardi General 0 August 28th 03 07:31 PM
Sea Ray 260DA question RG General 0 July 16th 03 10:07 PM
malibu response question J.W. Frank General 26 July 11th 03 02:26 AM