Harry Krause

Default OT--Amazing numbers

thunder wrote:

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 04:14:00 +0000, NOYB wrote:

I dunno Harry. This one has me totally perplexed. There is an absolute
venom towards Bush on your side of the aisle. I've read articles from
writers who stated they hate even the way he walks. Yet, that message
only seems to come to those liberals that have a strong interest in
politics. Obviously, the hate message isn't resonating with the great
majority of the country.

That venom has been with us for some time, and isn't limited to one side
of the aisle. I never liked Clinton, but to this day, I am amazed at the
rabid hatred he inspires in some. Personally, I don't think either
President is deserving of hatred, and find the polarization troubling and
dangerous. I suspect the reasons lie in both sides perceptions that
Washington can not effectively run the country. Blame for this is often
the "other side".

Aside from the fact that tens of millions of Americans believe Bush
stole the election and that he is too stupid to be president and that he
has made a lot of dumb, hurtful decisions since presuming office, there
are all those things he has said and done to divide Americans into as
many camps as possible. Bush is getting just what he deserves, and heat
hasn't even been turned on yet. Starting slowly next month and then
building geometrically afterwards, Bush will be entering a political
firestorm of his own making. I've seen some of the storyboards of
upcoming television commercials. They're delightful.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Gould 0738

I've seen some of the storyboards of
upcoming television commercials. They're delightful.

No they're not.

For the next 11 months we will engage in an experiment to see which side can
gather the most votes from Boobus Americanus by saying hateful things about the
other. Sadly enough, after the mega-millions spent by political candidates to
slander one another- we draw very little distinction between disdain for the
"wrong" candidate and disdain for the people who support that candidate.

The lies, the mischaracterizations, the demonizations, and the wretched,
smoking poison will flow from Democrat and Republican sources alike. As usual,
there will be very little discussion of what either candidate proposes to do
and much more about the certain apocalypse that will be spawned by the election
of the not-so-esteemed opponent.

Talk radio has kept this crap going for the last four years, non-stop.
Frightening to think how it will now escalate with an election coming on.

Last time out, we elected a "uniter, not a divider." Well, good thing. Imagine
how different the social climate would be today if we had elected a divider,
not a uniter.................

Here's a scary possibility: The National Rifle Association is stumping to be
declared a "news" organization. They are also planning to purchase television
and radio networks. Under current campaign laws, they are not allowed to
broadcast campaign ads known to be untrue for the last 30 days prior to an
election. If they get the right to masquerade as a news organization rather
than a lobbying group, they will be able to say whatever they want, (known to
be untrue or not), and spend as much as they want right up to election day.

Expect that to pass. It will be one "freedom of speech" issue that the right
wing will be trampling one another to support. Can't afford to miss those NRA
contributions- or see them directed to an opponent.

http://www.tomorrowsbestseller.com/w...State/book.asp
Harry Krause

Gould 0738 wrote:

I've seen some of the storyboards of
upcoming television commercials. They're delightful.

No they're not.

For the next 11 months we will engage in an experiment to see which side can
gather the most votes from Boobus Americanus by saying hateful things about the
other. Sadly enough, after the mega-millions spent by political candidates to
slander one another- we draw very little distinction between disdain for the
"wrong" candidate and disdain for the people who support that candidate.

Actually, the kinds of ads I'm envisioning are aimed at getting the core
voters riled up so they show up at the polls on election day. Boobus
Americanus votes Republican these days, and you could show the actual
video tape of Bush diddling Michael Jackson and it wouldn't matter to them.

The lies, the mischaracterizations, the demonizations, and the wretched,
smoking poison will flow from Democrat and Republican sources alike.

The flow began from the GOP. Let's keep that in mind.

--
Email sent to is never read.
NOYB

"thunder" wrote in message
news
[...]

Actually, my feelings toward Bill Clinton had less to do with his policies
and more to do with his immorality. He was relatively moderate on many
issues...but his wife was ultra-liberal and was likely responsible for a lot
of the policies coming out of *their* Presidency.

NOYB

I *hope* the Dems continue to practice dirty politics. All of the liberal
hate fests do nothing more than help the "undecided" decide...and jump
squarely behind the man with a 72% favorability rating.

Don't you get it Harry? Attacking the popular guy is the surest way to make
yourself unpopular. I figured *you*, especially, would have learned that in
grade school.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
thunder wrote:

[...]

Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:
"thunder" wrote in message
news
[...]

But Bush's immorality and his endless lies about really important
matters don't concern you, eh?

--
Email sent to is never read.
NOYB

Gould 0738 wrote:

I've seen some of the storyboards of
upcoming television commercials. They're delightful.

No they're not.

For the next 11 months we will engage in an experiment to see which side

can
gather the most votes from Boobus Americanus by saying hateful things

about the
other. Sadly enough, after the mega-millions spent by political

candidates to
slander one another- we draw very little distinction between disdain for

the
"wrong" candidate and disdain for the people who support that candidate.

Actually, the kinds of ads I'm envisioning are aimed at getting the core
voters riled up so they show up at the polls on election day.

Mark my words...personal attacks on a popular, affable guy is a sure means
to failure.

Oh yeah...and Bush, Rove, and company have not even begun to fight
back...yet.

Harry Krause

NOYB wrote:

I *hope* the Dems continue to practice dirty politics. All of the liberal
hate fests do nothing more than help the "undecided" decide...and jump
squarely behind the man with a 72% favorability rating.

Don't you get it Harry? Attacking the popular guy is the surest way to make
yourself unpopular. I figured *you*, especially, would have learned that in
grade school.

There's a lot of time between now and the election, my friend, and one
of the goals is to bottle Bush up as much as possible before the voters
retire him next fall.

--
Email sent to is never read.
John Gaquin

"Harry Krause" wrote in message news:bqveo1

The flow began from the GOP. Let's keep that in mind.

Simply untrue, Harry, but you already know that. Your posts are part of the
process, which simply evolved in a country with less and less sense of
ethical propriety. I recall numerous examples from '00 when the Boston
Globe would head up "news" articles from the campaign trail in a particular
way. When Al was stumping for votes, it would be "...Gore confers with
_____ group". In the same type of article about W, the head would read
"...Bush targets _____ group". Just that simple shift of words makes Al the
nice guy, and George the bully. Slanted coverage. There were also
seemingly unlimited ads from a variety of labor groups claiming that Reps
would cut school lunches, or cut medicare, when in fact what was at issue
was not a cut at all, but a 2 or 3 percent reduction in the rate of growth!
But what gets heard? Your kids will starve, and your old parents will be
left to die in the gutter. Literally - I recall an ad that characterized
Calcutta as the future for US if a Republican were elected.

And -- part of the dissembling is the revisionism that goes on during and
after the fact. Example: remember the whole Willie Horton thing used
against Dukakis in '88? Press and pundits loved to excoriate Bush41 over
that, race card, negative campaigning, blah, blah,..... In fact it was
none other than our old pal Al Gore who brought Willie Horton out of the box
during the Dem primaries that year, but there were very few voices raised in
righteous indignation at that time. Why is that?

***** Now, as a special treat, I'll save you the effort of replying by
entering now your standard retort:******

"...another Republitrash puppet..."

GAZ

The way I see it, the dems know they can't win in 04 and thats why they
are putting forth a sinking Bayliner of candidates. The armada leader, Dean,
appeals only to the Parker wannabes which is not the votes he needs to win.
The dems are holding back their big cruisers, Hillary, until 08 or unless
George hits a deadhead, tho not likely. (No sinking boat there).
The 04 strategy is to take potshots and hope to hole the reps' barge a few
times.
Gordon