John Gaquin

Default OT--Amazing numbers

"Harry Krause" wrote in message news:bqveo1

The flow began from the GOP. Let's keep that in mind.

Simply untrue, Harry, but you already know that. Your posts are part of the
process, which simply evolved in a country with less and less sense of
ethical propriety. I recall numerous examples from '00 when the Boston
Globe would head up "news" articles from the campaign trail in a particular
way. When Al was stumping for votes, it would be "...Gore confers with
_____ group". In the same type of article about W, the head would read
"...Bush targets _____ group". Just that simple shift of words makes Al the
nice guy, and George the bully. Slanted coverage. There were also
seemingly unlimited ads from a variety of labor groups claiming that Reps
would cut school lunches, or cut medicare, when in fact what was at issue
was not a cut at all, but a 2 or 3 percent reduction in the rate of growth!
But what gets heard? Your kids will starve, and your old parents will be
left to die in the gutter. Literally - I recall an ad that characterized
Calcutta as the future for US if a Republican were elected.

And -- part of the dissembling is the revisionism that goes on during and
after the fact. Example: remember the whole Willie Horton thing used
against Dukakis in '88? Press and pundits loved to excoriate Bush41 over
that, race card, negative campaigning, blah, blah,..... In fact it was
none other than our old pal Al Gore who brought Willie Horton out of the box
during the Dem primaries that year, but there were very few voices raised in
righteous indignation at that time. Why is that?

***** Now, as a special treat, I'll save you the effort of replying by
entering now your standard retort:******

"...another Republitrash puppet..."