Default Towing golf car

On 12/13/2017 9:25 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 20:34:38 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

It appears that there is no law in Florida about trailer speed. I went
through the statutes and several different "trailer" sites with mixed
results. I think the confusion is the basic speed law here is the max
speed limit is 65MPH (for everything) but if it is an interstate or
other limited access divided highway, they bump that up to 70 in
another statute. Trailers are not mentioned in either of these
statutes and I have never seen a sign about trailer speed, truck speed
either. They do have truck lane restrictions tho.

Thinking about it, I can see where you are coming from. I looked for
"towing max speed laws" and the results come back with 65 mph for
Florida and 70 mph where posted. If that's the same as for all vehicles
then I can see your point. I'd still get nervous being passed by
someone hauling a boat at 80 mph though. :-)

Well speed up and I won't have to pass you ;-)

I remember one trip to Florida driving down on I-95. Forget where I was
but it was at night. I was doing about 70 and suddenly noticed some
headlights on a truck coming up really, really fast behind me. It was a
boat hauler heading south. Female driver hauling a sailboat that was at
least a 35 footer. She went by me doing about 90. Scared the crap out
of me.

wrote:

[...]

She was probably all jacked up on some kind of pills. Time is money!

True North wrote:
On Wednesday, 13 December 2017 18:53:37 UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 12/13/2017 5:05 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Anyway, it required a title and a tag.Â* At that time Florida issued a
temporary paper tag, good for 30 days.Â* I loaded it up and left within
that time frame, so I never applied for a permanent tag.Â* When I got to
MA my son wanted it, so I gave it to him.Â* Trailer was kinda cool
looking.Â* Similar to these images:

http://www.ironhorsetrailers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/towing-a-ironhorse-trailer.jpg/

http://www.ironhorsetrailers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/wing-and-bike-trailer.jpg

I know someone who might like something like this for his golf cart car:

http://www.ironhorsetrailers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/motorhome-trailers.jpg

Whoops. First link doesn't work. Try this instead:

http://www.ironhorsetrailers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/towing-a-ironhorse-trailer.jpg

Our trailers have to be licensed...which needs to be renewed each year at
$40.00 + HST = #46.00
We also have to have then safety checked every two years. Until a few
years ago it was a yearly inspection.

I tow at the sensible speed of 90km but sometimes creep up to 100km on
the 100 series highways.

We license trailers here. Funny, they call it a permanent trailer
registration, but have to renew every 5 years. I think it is $20.

wrote:
On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 15:03:49 -0500, John H
wrote:

Backing down a swale with a blown tire may be a bit difficult.

Why? It will thump a might but you should be able to do it. You never
drove on a flat? My sister drove about 6 miles on a blown tire but
when she got home the tire was pretty much gone. It came off the rim
and rolled up into a neighbor's yard when she turned down her street.
For the last block there were just 2 grooves in the road from the rim.

When I was in high school, we came upon a burning Chrysler Imperial on the
freeway. Driver was standing to the side and drunk as hell. Said he had
driven from the Bay Bridge toll plaza with the flat tire. Probably 15
miles. Told us he was going to the bar to call the fire department. Good
move, would be hard to prove DUI.

Keyser Soze wrote:
wrote:

[...]

I’d guess that idiots who drive like that are underinsured.

Not likely with a commercial truck.

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 17:53:31 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 12/13/2017 5:05 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Anyway, it required a title and a tag.* At that time Florida issued a
temporary paper tag, good for 30 days.* I loaded it up and left within
that time frame, so I never applied for a permanent tag.* When I got to
MA my son wanted it, so I gave it to him.* Trailer was kinda cool
looking.* Similar to these images:

http://www.ironhorsetrailers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/towing-a-ironhorse-trailer.jpg/

http://www.ironhorsetrailers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/wing-and-bike-trailer.jpg

I know someone who might like something like this for his golf cart car:

http://www.ironhorsetrailers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/motorhome-trailers.jpg

Whoops. First link doesn't work. Try this instead:

http://www.ironhorsetrailers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/towing-a-ironhorse-trailer.jpg

Virginia's very nice. For a trailer over 4000lbs, a permanent registration is $100. Amen. No renewal
needed.

On golf... Poco Deplorevole General 5 February 23rd 17 04:46 AM
New golf hat... John H[_2_] General 2 August 21st 13 09:04 PM
Why I play golf John H[_2_] General 31 June 11th 11 02:10 AM
Golf Humor John H.[_6_] General 0 August 21st 08 01:13 AM
Golf... Short Wave Sportfishing General 23 February 29th 08 01:30 AM