Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default Towing golf car

Keyser Soze wrote:
Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 12/13/2017 9:25 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 20:34:38 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

It appears that there is no law in Florida about trailer speed. I went
through the statutes and several different "trailer" sites with mixed
results. I think the confusion is the basic speed law here is the max
speed limit is 65MPH (for everything) but if it is an interstate or
other limited access divided highway, they bump that up to 70 in
another statute. Trailers are not mentioned in either of these
statutes and I have never seen a sign about trailer speed, truck speed
either. They do have truck lane restrictions tho.

Thinking about it, I can see where you are coming from. I looked for
"towing max speed laws" and the results come back with 65 mph for
Florida and 70 mph where posted. If that's the same as for all vehicles
then I can see your point. I'd still get nervous being passed by
someone hauling a boat at 80 mph though. :-)

Well speed up and I won't have to pass you ;-)

I remember one trip to Florida driving down on I-95. Forget where I was
but it was at night. I was doing about 70 and suddenly noticed some
headlights on a truck coming up really, really fast behind me. It was a
boat hauler heading south. Female driver hauling a sailboat that was at
least a 35 footer. She went by me doing about 90. Scared the crap out
of me.

I’d guess that idiots who drive like that are underinsured.

Not likely with a commercial truck.