Default On golf...

GOLF AND WHAT IT ALL MEANS:

Golf can best be defined as an endless series of tragedies obscured by the occasional miracle,
followed by a good bottle of beer.

Golf! You hit down to make the ball go up. You swing left and the ball goes right. The lowest score
wins, on top of that, the winner buys the drinks.

**Golf is harder than baseball. In Golf, you have to play your foul balls.**

If you find you do not mind playing Golf in the rain, the snow, even during a hurricane, here's a
valuable tip ...your life is in trouble.

Golfers who try to make everything perfect before taking the shot rarely make a perfect shot.

A 'gimme' can best be defined as an agreement between two golfers ...neither of whom can putt very
well.

An interesting thing about Golf is that no matter how badly you play, it is always possible to get
worse.

Golf's a hard game to figure. One day you'll go out and slice it and shank it, hit into all the
traps and miss every green. The next day you go out and for no reason at all you really stink.

If your best shots are the practice swing and the 'gimme putt', you might wish to reconsider this
game.

Golf is the only sport where the most feared opponent is you.

Golf is like marriage, If you take yourself too seriously it won't work, and both are expensive.

The best wood in most amateurs' bags is the pencil

On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 14:53:14 -0500, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

Some golf terms for you
A 'Rock Hudson' - a putt that looked straight, but wasn't.
A 'Saddam Hussein' - from one bunker into another.
A 'Yasser Arafat' - butt ugly and in the sand.
A 'John Kennedy, Jr.' - didn't quite make it over the water.
A 'Rodney King' - over-clubbed.
An 'O.J.'- got away with one.
A 'Princess Grace' - should have used a driver.
A 'Princess Di' - shouldn't have used the driver.
A 'Condom' - safe, but didn't feel very good.
A 'Brazilian' - shaved the hole.
A 'Rush Limbaugh' - a little to the right.
A 'Nancy Pelosi' - Way to the left and out of bounds.
A 'James Joyce' - a putt that's impossible to read.
A 'Ted Kennedy' - goes in the water and jumps out.
A 'Pee Wee Herman' - too much wrist.
A 'Sonny Bono' - straight into the trees.
A 'Paris Hilton' - a very expensive hole.
A 'Tiger Woods' - wrong hole

On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 18:06:00 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 15:43:53 -0500, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

wrote:

Some golf terms for you
A 'Rock Hudson' - a putt that looked straight, but wasn't.
A 'Saddam Hussein' - from one bunker into another.
A 'Yasser Arafat' - butt ugly and in the sand.
A 'John Kennedy, Jr.' - didn't quite make it over the water.
A 'Rodney King' - over-clubbed.
An 'O.J.'- got away with one.
A 'Princess Grace' - should have used a driver.
A 'Princess Di' - shouldn't have used the driver.
A 'Condom' - safe, but didn't feel very good.
A 'Brazilian' - shaved the hole.
A 'Rush Limbaugh' - a little to the right.
A 'Nancy Pelosi' - Way to the left and out of bounds.
A 'James Joyce' - a putt that's impossible to read.
A 'Ted Kennedy' - goes in the water and jumps out.
A 'Pee Wee Herman' - too much wrist.
A 'Sonny Bono' - straight into the trees.
A 'Paris Hilton' - a very expensive hole.
A 'Tiger Woods' - wrong hole

Except for the last two, I had most of those today!

I have played out the wrong hole on a course.

I did that when playing in NC with my brother. I was just ready to hit a wedge to the green when he
yelled, "Where the hell are you going?" Oh well. My first time on the course.

On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 20:16:54 -0500, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

I have played out the wrong hole on a course.

I did that when playing in NC with my brother. I was just ready to hit a wedge to the green when he
yelled, "Where the hell are you going?" Oh well. My first time on the course.

I hit a 5 iron out of the woods onto the green with a short putt for a
birdie when I saw the other 3 guys waving from another green. I putted
it out and called it Tweety.

No golf today Mr. Luddite General 338 February 28th 16 04:10 PM
New golf hat... John H[_2_] General 2 August 21st 13 09:04 PM
Speaking of golf... Tom Francis - SWSports General 14 October 26th 09 11:46 PM
Golf Humor John H.[_6_] General 0 August 21st 08 01:13 AM
Golf... Short Wave Sportfishing General 23 February 29th 08 01:30 AM