Default Pathfinder update ... interesting news

Posted for those interested in this saga. If not, ignore.

Yesterday, at the advice of the service manager at the dealership, I
called Nissan Customer Support, told them what was going on and was
issued a "case" number. I was told I'll receive a call sometime today
(Friday) from Nissan.

Meanwhile, this morning, I was nearby so I stopped in again at the
dealership with the intention of talking to the sales manager who makes
all the deals to make sure he was up to speed with what's going on. He
wasn't in but I talked to the second in command. The service manager
also came over to talk.

Bottom line is that as of yesterday Nissan instructed the dealership to
stop all work on trying to fix the problem. The regional Nissan "super
tech" who has been assisting in troubleshooting and the dealership tech
are both stumped. They have no idea what's wrong with the car. Then,
word came back from Nissan engineering that they suspect a bad engine
casting that is preventing proper coolant flow.

The dealership guys told me that when I talk to Nissan today, be polite
and professional as I've been with them but insist that you do *not*
want the car, even if they offer to install a new engine. They said
they are working to get Nissan to give me a replacement car of equal or
better value but it has to go through the "process" so nobody gets hurt
financially, including the dealership. He said they'll end up shipping
the one I bought back to Nissan engineering for a tear down to determine
what the actual problem is.

So, I'll wait for the phone call and comply with the next step.
Tim Tim is offline

Some time ago a friend of mine was having problems with a brand new Ford Astrovan,onlyhisproblems wereof greater depth. It'd quit running at no give notice or cut out and backfire ona whim. He kept taken g it back and back and back. Till finally Ford Motor gave him another vehicle, and took his back to wherever for an autopsy. I don't know what they found but it really was a lemon.

On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 12:09:56 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

[...]

===

Sounds like they're going to do the right thing by you. What a pain
though with a brand new vehicle.

---
http://www.avg.com

On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 12:10:16 PM UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

Sounds like everything is going to turn out OK.

I've been lucky. Worst experience I'v ever had was a dealership performing a preventative maintenance item my car during checkup for an issue that I'd noticed under warranty. The service writer claimed it was "required maintenance" and I made the mistake of paying for it, then I did some research after I got home. Turned out that it was not required at that mileage, and it was actually a TSB that addressed my complaint! Back to the dealership, where the writer then claimed the differential lube was "burned" and had to be replaced. The TSB was issued to change the formulation of that lube..

In the end it was escalated up to the main GM office that handles this, and some rude bitch basically sided with the dealership and said GM would not cover any of it. My first and last GM vehicle. Oh, and I found out later that this particular dealership is famous for this kind of thing.

wrote:

[...]

I guess after driving for over 40 years and buying so many cars that I
can't count or remember them all it's enviable that eventually you are
going to get a lemon at some point. Only other time anything close to
this happened was with the '97 Dodge Ram pickup that I posted about
previously except in that case they were able to finally fix the problem.

On 6/9/2017 1:36 PM, Its Me wrote:
[...]

I suppose some dealerships are crooked. The place I am dealing with has
an excellent reputation and has always treated both my wife and me fairly.

Your story reminds me of the time I took a little Ford Ranger pickup to
a "Jiffy Lube" place for an oil change. It was a manual transmission and
they talked me into replacing the transmission lube. The did ... with
standard 90 weight gear lube. Problem is the transmission (made by
Mazda) calls for auto transmission fluid, even though it's a manual.
It was during the winter and the next day when I started the truck I
couldn't move the gear shift.

On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 2:15:08 PM UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 6/9/2017 1:36 PM, Its Me wrote:
[...]

I had a Mustang with a 5-speed back in the early 80's. My ex was from Ohio, and we went up for Christmas that first year. Got in late at night, set the park brake, went in and to bed. Next morning I needed to move the car, and I went out and fired it up. The shifter felt like it was in frozen molasses, and when I finally found neutral and dumped the clutch, it nearly stalled the engine. When it finally warmed up and I tried to move... you guessed it... the park brake was frozen. They laughed at me for being a southern boy and having a "southern" car. I got the last laugh when we got back home to SC to our 60 degree weather.

Its Me wrote:
[...]

I had a company issued Ford Taurus many years ago. It was the first
year with the funky round back window. I had a problem where at 55 MPH+
this loud, bizarre, screaming sound would emanate from the front of the
car. I took it in and they found a bad seal in the door. When I was
asked to sign for the warranty repair there were several other repairs
listed that were never a concern or anything I mentioned. I questioned
it and they said "don't worry, it's no charge". I sent a copy with a
complaint to Ford and the dealership was under new ownership in less
than a year. It might be a coincidence, or Ford might have looked into
their records, but I was glad to see them go. I could only image what
kind of crap they pulled with paying customers who were out of warranty.

On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 09:27:26 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Some time ago a friend of mine was having problems with a brand new Ford Astrovan,onlyhisproblems wereof greater depth. It'd quit running at no give notice or cut out and backfire ona whim. He kept taken g it back and back and back. Till finally Ford Motor gave him another vehicle, and took his back to wherever for an autopsy. I don't know what they found but it really was a lemon.

I am not sure it qualifies as a lemon but my 71 Jeep had a defective
bearing in the transmission (front shaft). It showed up after the
warranty expired so I fixed it myself. (Manual transmissions are not
that hard to do) When I went to the dealer to get a new bearing I was
playing with it while they were writing it up and I felt a tick in it.
I told them I wanted another one. Long story short, every one he had
in stock was bad. I ended up going to a bearing store and buying one.
I always wondered how many other Jeeps had the same problem.

2017 Pathfinder update Mr. Luddite General 16 June 21st 17 07:33 PM
Pathfinder update Mr. Luddite General 36 June 4th 17 11:26 PM
update news for health body .....boat.. chengjoh General 0 May 27th 08 02:40 PM
Interesting news from VCP/VSK Brian Nystrom Touring 0 April 19th 05 03:41 PM
News update from Kinshasa Oci-One Kanubi General 6 June 5th 04 11:23 AM