Alex[_11_] Alex[_11_] is offline

Default Pathfinder update ... interesting news

Its Me wrote:
Sounds like everything is going to turn out OK.

I've been lucky. Worst experience I'v ever had was a dealership performing a preventative maintenance item my car during checkup for an issue that I'd noticed under warranty. The service writer claimed it was "required maintenance" and I made the mistake of paying for it, then I did some research after I got home. Turned out that it was not required at that mileage, and it was actually a TSB that addressed my complaint! Back to the dealership, where the writer then claimed the differential lube was "burned" and had to be replaced. The TSB was issued to change the formulation of that lube.

In the end it was escalated up to the main GM office that handles this, and some rude bitch basically sided with the dealership and said GM would not cover any of it. My first and last GM vehicle. Oh, and I found out later that this particular dealership is famous for this kind of thing.

I had a company issued Ford Taurus many years ago. It was the first
year with the funky round back window. I had a problem where at 55 MPH+
this loud, bizarre, screaming sound would emanate from the front of the
car. I took it in and they found a bad seal in the door. When I was
asked to sign for the warranty repair there were several other repairs
listed that were never a concern or anything I mentioned. I questioned
it and they said "don't worry, it's no charge". I sent a copy with a
complaint to Ford and the dealership was under new ownership in less
than a year. It might be a coincidence, or Ford might have looked into
their records, but I was glad to see them go. I could only image what
kind of crap they pulled with paying customers who were out of warranty.