Brian Nystrom

Default Interesting news from VCP/VSK

I recently emailed Peter at Valley Sea Kayaks (formerly Valley Canoe
Products) with some questions:

----------
"Now that VCP/VSK is under new management, I'm curious if there might be
any possibility of a re-introduction of the original (pre-'95) Pintail.
There is somewhat of a "cult" of Pintail aficionados here in the US that
much prefer the flat aft deck and more rounded hull of the older design.
The same is true of the older Anas Acuta with the flat aft deck. If
there's no plan to produce them on a regular basis (understandable), is
it possible to special order these boats? Perhaps if they were ordered a
few at a time?"
----------

To which he replied:

----------
"In answer to at least one of your questions. One thing we have been
considering for a while is offering a Valley historic back catalogue,
i.e. Original Nordkapp, Pintail, Anas and even some of the less popular
newer models. These we would only produce for one or two months a year,
during our quiet period. Therefore the numbers would be quite limited
and people would have to pre-order with deposit.

The advantage for us is that we could arrange storage for these moulds
off site, making more space for production of our core models, then once
a year we would clear the decks bring the old moulds back in the
knowledge that we would be doing a realistic production run.

We see this as very much win win you guy's get access to our historic
models without us being buried under so many in service moulds."

Additionally, he informed me that the Skerray RM (ocean cockpit) is
currently available.

So, it looks like you'll be able to order whatever flavor you like of
older VCP boats, in the near future. That's what you call "customer
service"!