Default Yo Bill, Wayne, Greg and Luddite

I'm sitting here reading the posts you folks made to each other last night o/a 10 pm. I am amazed at
the depth of knowledge about business matters you guys display. Sure makes me realize how little I
know about business and economics. Somehow, thirty years of playing soldier didn't provide the kind
of education you folks picked up.

Thanks for the learning experience.

On 4/25/2017 6:28 AM, Poco Deplorevole wrote:

I'm sitting here reading the posts you folks made to each other last night o/a 10 pm. I am amazed at
the depth of knowledge about business matters you guys display. Sure makes me realize how little I
know about business and economics. Somehow, thirty years of playing soldier didn't provide the kind
of education you folks picked up.

Thanks for the learning experience.

Not sure what I may have contributed of any value but I can say this:

Most of it is common sense. The rest is discovering what *doesn't* work
and making the necessary corrections.

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 06:35:12 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 4/25/2017 6:28 AM, Poco Deplorevole wrote:

I'm sitting here reading the posts you folks made to each other last night o/a 10 pm. I am amazed at
the depth of knowledge about business matters you guys display. Sure makes me realize how little I
know about business and economics. Somehow, thirty years of playing soldier didn't provide the kind
of education you folks picked up.

Thanks for the learning experience.

Not sure what I may have contributed of any value but I can say this:

Most of it is common sense. The rest is discovering what *doesn't* work
and making the necessary corrections.

Not so much in that particular thread, but you have contributed greatly to my business education in
others.

Now don't go getting a big head! :)

Oh, and good morning. I was up to play golf, but the weather put the squelch on that idea.

On 4/25/2017 6:46 AM, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
[...]

Mrs.E returned from SC on Saturday. She just missed all the rain and
flooding as this coastal storm works it's way up this way. We'll be
affected today thru Thursday. April showers bring May flowers, I guess.

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 06:56:18 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

[...]

They also bring mowing the damn grass twice a week.

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 06:28:33 -0400, Poco Deplorevole
wrote:

I'm sitting here reading the posts you folks made to each other last night o/a 10 pm. I am amazed at
the depth of knowledge about business matters you guys display. Sure makes me realize how little I
know about business and economics. Somehow, thirty years of playing soldier didn't provide the kind
of education you folks picked up.

Thanks for the learning experience.

I just worked around a lot of smart people and I read a lot.
If you want a quick primer an the 2009 crash, watch "The Big Short".
It is on Netflix. We actually saw some of that NINJA mortgage business
first hand although Centex really tried to find qualified buyers. To
start with they would not build a house until the buyer showed up with
$50k down. They also shunned "investors". (AKA flippers)

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 12:37:24 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

I just worked around a lot of smart people and I read a lot.
If you want a quick primer an the 2009 crash, watch "The Big Short".
It is on Netflix. We actually saw some of that NINJA mortgage business
first hand although Centex really tried to find qualified buyers. To
start with they would not build a house until the buyer showed up with
$50k down. They also shunned "investors". (AKA flippers)

And for all practical purposes, ceased to exist as an independent entity
in 2009...

Centex? They sure did, Hannigan and Ellers sold the business to Pulte
for a couple hundred million right at the peak of the market.
Sweet.

Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

I was planning a halibut fishing trip to the bay. But between the weather,
threatens rain, and the fact they cut two basil Cells defects off my head
yesterday, staying home.

Poco Deplorevole wrote:
[...]

At least I only have to pay my mow and blow guy for once a week. Rainy
season is almost done, so was fixing sprinklers part of yesterday.