Default Yo Bill, Wayne, Greg and Luddite

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 18:06:08 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 06:56:18 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 4/25/2017 6:46 AM, Poco Deplorevole wrote:
On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 06:35:12 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 4/25/2017 6:28 AM, Poco Deplorevole wrote:

I'm sitting here reading the posts you folks made to each other last
night o/a 10 pm. I am amazed at
the depth of knowledge about business matters you guys display. Sure
makes me realize how little I
know about business and economics. Somehow, thirty years of playing
soldier didn't provide the kind
of education you folks picked up.

Thanks for the learning experience.

Not sure what I may have contributed of any value but I can say this:

Most of it is common sense. The rest is discovering what *doesn't* work
and making the necessary corrections.

Not so much in that particular thread, but you have contributed greatly
to my business education in
others.

Now don't go getting a big head! :)

Oh, and good morning. I was up to play golf, but the weather put the
squelch on that idea.

Mrs.E returned from SC on Saturday. She just missed all the rain and
flooding as this coastal storm works it's way up this way. We'll be
affected today thru Thursday. April showers bring May flowers, I guess.

They also bring mowing the damn grass twice a week.

At least I only have to pay my mow and blow guy for once a week. Rainy
season is almost done, so was fixing sprinklers part of yesterday.

We are getting a sprinkler system installed first part of May.

Poco Deplorevole wrote:
[...]

Only way to go if you travel much,

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 18:06:07 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 4/25/2017 6:46 AM, Poco Deplorevole wrote:

Oh, and good morning. I was up to play golf, but the weather put the squelch on that idea.

Mrs.E returned from SC on Saturday. She just missed all the rain and
flooding as this coastal storm works it's way up this way. We'll be
affected today thru Thursday. April showers bring May flowers, I guess.

I was planning a halibut fishing trip to the bay. But between the weather,
threatens rain, and the fact they cut two basil Cells defects off my head
yesterday, staying home.

I have water Monday and some community biz Tuesday morning, then I am
heading to Bradenton for some golf and laughs.
It rained a little a day or so ago but they say that may be it for a
while. We are having Florida spring weather. Sunny and dry, not ****
hot. I am not sure why the snow birds go home in April.
One of my neighbors just gave me a white bucket full of golf balls.
They are pretty new looking and not all Top Flights. I see Titlists,
Nike and Callaways in there. I will dump them out for the boys and we
can easter egg through them. At least we will have plenty of ammo. It
takes a lot of balls to play golf like me.

On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 1:42:01 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 12:37:24 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

I just worked around a lot of smart people and I read a lot.
If you want a quick primer an the 2009 crash, watch "The Big Short".
It is on Netflix. We actually saw some of that NINJA mortgage business
first hand although Centex really tried to find qualified buyers. To
start with they would not build a house until the buyer showed up with
$50k down. They also shunned "investors". (AKA flippers)

And for all practical purposes, ceased to exist as an independent entity
in 2009...

Centex? They sure did, Hannigan and Ellers sold the business to Pulte
for a couple hundred million right at the peak of the market.
Sweet.

Heh, heh. Crickets here.

wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

It's my experience that Top Flights will go into the woods just as deeply as Nikes, etc.

One of my golf buddies looks for balls continuously. He never slows the play, but manages to find
lots of balls. The other day he found 24 during one round of play.

He keeps me in stock with Nikes. I've not bought a ball in a few years now. He even cleans them
first!

wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

Top Flight has the reputation for being the "most found golf ball" or
so they say.
We are "ready golf" guys and we do not spend a lot of time looking for
lost balls so I imagine we are contributing to guys like your friend.
At my wife's course they encourage dropping a ball instead of spending
a lot of time looking and they will even give you some (from the stash
the ground's keepers come up with). There is a big barrel of them just
sitting there at the bag drop. The rangers usually have a bucket of
them in their carts too. At her place, the golf course is part of the
mitigation so there are lots of palmettos and other native "scrub"
vegetation and not a place where you want to be digging around,
looking for a ball.

wrote:

Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

Mike never slows play, and we're one of the fastest foursomes in the league. We'll never spend more
than a couple minutes looking for a lost ball. In Florida, at the U of South Florida course, which I
played once, there's no way I'd go into the woods, swamp, whatever looking for a lost ball. I'd just
let the snakes and 'gators have it.