basskisser

Default Trailer Tires Overheating.

"Joe" wrote in message ...
"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Joe" wrote in message

Bobby Labonte on restrictor plate racing:

"That type of racing to me isn't as exciting as going 200 miles per

hour at
the end of the straightaway at Atlanta (which does not use restrictor
plates) because I can control what I'm doing," said defending series
champion Bobby Labonte.

"I have the opportunity to let off the gas and hit the brake and all

that
stuff. At Daytona you don't do that. You just hold it wide open, and

then
you're in a pack of cars all day. It's obvious that's not the same type

of
racing we're doing everywhere else. It's not the same."
http://tinyurl.com/twmd

I guess you know more about racing than Bobby Labonte?

There's only a few times you ever use brakes during restrictor plate

racing-

1) To avoid an accident
2) To slow down while entering the pits
3) To slow down in the turns due to a handling/mechanical problem with

the
car.

You are stupid, and WRONG... you dumb idiot, if you EVER LISTENED to a
race broadcast, of say, Talledage, or Daytona, or other
superspeedways, the commentators, racers all, will ALWAYS talk about
using the brakes as opposed to lifting off the throttle ALWAYS. Why?
With restrictor plates, if they lift, the RPM loss, and speed is much
greater than if they brake. If they keep the fuel/air mixture pushing
through the restrictor plate, the car comes back up to speed much
quicker than if they lifted off of the throttle. It's pretty simple,
but, I'm sure you still don't understand, JoeTechnician.

Just what I figured, you know more about racing than Bobby Labonte.

I'll add it to your list

Please show where Bobby Labonte, or any other driver for that matter,
has said that they don't use brakes at superspeedways. You,
JoeTechnician are so stupid that you don't even understand what you've
posted! He simply stated that, as opposed to short tracks, the driving
isn't the same. On short tracks, you brake much harder, to a point of
skidding some, and it upsets the cars, making the driving different.
Jeez, dumby, of course you don't drive the same at a superspeedway as
you do a short track. And you don't drive the same at a road course as
you do a short track, or a speedway. And you don't drive the same at a
downforce track as you do the others. You've not proven a damned
thing, you dolt.
Joe

Please show where Bobby Labonte, or any other driver for that matter,
has said that they don't use brakes at superspeedways. You,
JoeTechnician are so stupid that you don't even understand what you've
posted! He simply stated that, as opposed to short tracks, the driving
isn't the same. On short tracks, you brake much harder, to a point of
skidding some, and it upsets the cars, making the driving different.
Jeez, dumby, of course you don't drive the same at a superspeedway as
you do a short track. And you don't drive the same at a road course as
you do a short track, or a speedway. And you don't drive the same at a
downforce track as you do the others. You've not proven a damned
thing, you dolt.

Maybe you missed his quote-

"I have the opportunity to let off the gas and hit the brake and all that
stuff. At Daytona you don't do that. You just hold it wide open, and then
you're in a pack of cars all day"

Joe

Please show where Bobby Labonte, or any other driver for that matter,
has said that they don't use brakes at superspeedways.

I never said they "never use brakes" I said they are only three reasons they
would, unlike non-restrictor plate racing where they are *required* to get
around the track competitively.

My post was in response to your statement that "they DO use the brakes, and
quite a lot", which is not true.

Steven Shelikoff

On 7 Nov 2003 05:02:50 -0800, (basskisser) wrote:

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...
On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 11:11:13 -0800, "Rod McInnis"
wrote:

"basskisser" wrote in message
. com...

Pure horse****!!!!! They do, indeed, keep the throttle wide open, but
they DO use the brakes, and quite a lot. They use the brakes as
opposed to letting up on the throttle when drafting, to avoid loosing
engine rpms from what is commonly refered to as "lifting".

I ask you again: What type of connection do they use between the engine and
the wheels that allows the engine RPMs to stay high while the car slows
down?

He's full of crap as usual. They do use the brakes without lifting off
the gas pedal but not to avoid loosing engine rpms. It avoids the short
time lag in getting power back if you lift off the pedal. It also
avoids abrupt changes in handling and suspension geometry that you get
when you lift off the gas pedal, which shifts the front/rear weight
distribution around.

You're stupidity is showing again. Using the brakes does anything BUT
"avoid abrupt changes in handling....." In racing circles, it's
commonly refered to as "taking a set", when you are ram rodding into a
corner, the car tends to push, braking allows the car to "take a set",
which actually makes the car a little loose, but loose is fast, to a
point. Now, are you really saying that lifting the throttle shifts the
front to rear weight, but braking does not???!!!!!! By the way, the

Nope. I'm saying that lifting off the throttle will cause an abrupt
change in handling. Applying the brakes also does that. But why have 2
abrupt changed in handling if you only have to have one?

driver can adjust brake bias from his seat, just a turn of the knob.

Something else you've read somewhere and don't know how to apply? Nice.

Steve
Steven Shelikoff

On 7 Nov 2003 04:58:19 -0800, (basskisser) wrote:

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message
lol... rpm's come back quicker. Loosing rpm's for a full lap... You
have no idea what you're talking about. Let me give you a hint: if a
driver brakes in the middle of racing during a restrictor plate race,
he's gonna loose a whole lot of positions. And they are tough to get
back.

Steve

You idiot, you have apparently never listened or watched a restrictor
plate race, and have no knowledge of the subject. Restrictor plate
cars DO take up to a lap to come back up to full speed. After a

And that's exactly why they DON'T apply the brakes. You're
contradicting yourself, again.

caution lap, it takes a COUPLE of laps to get back up to speed. That
is what to **** the restrictor plate is FOR, you idiot. And again, a
driver would RATHER use the brakes, as opposed to lifting the
throttle. Listen and learn. If you watch a plate race, you'll hear

And as has been pointed out to you but you refuse to learn, the only
time a driver will use the brakes during a restrictor plate race is to
avoid hitting someone or to slow down for the pit. They do not normally
apply the brakes when going into each turn, as is done in other types of
racing.

Daryl, or Benny etc. state at least once during the race, that they
use the brakes as opposed to lifting the throttle, and why.

Again, you hear someone say something and don't know how to apply it.
So, I'll ask you once again to put up or shut up. There are thousands
of web sites devoted to Nascar racing. Find just 2 reputable ones that
say during restrictor plate racing, the driver will use the brakes
"quite a lot" as you have claimed. If you can't do that, it's time for
you to shut up and stop displaying your ignorance to the world.

Steve

Steven Shelikoff

On 7 Nov 2003 04:52:45 -0800, (basskisser) wrote:

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...
On 6 Nov 2003 04:51:54 -0800,
(basskisser) wrote:

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...
On 5 Nov 2003 04:41:14 -0800,
(basskisser) wrote:

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...
On 3 Nov 2003 05:02:04 -0800,
(basskisser) wrote:

Steven Shelikoff, the racing expert wrote:

Actually, the area of the wheel exposed to the gas in a race car tire is
pretty large compared to the area of the tire since they are wide and
low profile.

Not in all types of racing. Actually, in some types, the narrower the
better, less contact area, less friction. Take a salt flat racer, for
instance.

Yeah, and bicycle racing.

Though it doesn't apply much to boat trailer tires, the heat
conductivity of the gas would work against tire cooling in the case of
race cars and aircraft since it would serve to increase the rate of tire
heating in heavy brake application. Many aircraft tire failures are due

Of course it all depends on the type of racing. During most racing like
road racing, twisty corners, etc, heavy braking is applied but for very
short durations. Superspeedway racing, not at all.

Are you really trying to say that on superspeedways, they don't use
brakes at all? That's pretty stupid. They actually use brakes as
opposed to letting off the throttle, trying to keep the enginer RPM's
up. It takes forever to get those restictor plate engines back up to
speed. They do, however, use completely different brake setups,
smaller rotors, pads. These smaller, thinner rotors will get quite
hot, quite quickly.

Sorry to dissapoint you but at NASCAR restrictor plate races like at
Talladega and Daytona, the driver will almost without exception have
the gas pedal to the floor and not touch the brakes all day.

Pure horse****!!!!! They do, indeed, keep the throttle wide open, but
they DO use the brakes, and quite a lot. They use the brakes as
opposed to letting up on the throttle when drafting, to avoid loosing
engine rpms from what is commonly refered to as "lifting". So, to say
that they "not touch the brakes all day" is, again, false.

As usual, you need to do a little more research. But as usual, even
when you learn that you're wrong, you won't believe it and try to put
some sort of spin on it to avoid admitting you don't know what the hell
you're talking about.

You are an idiot!!! You don't know a damned thing about superspeedway
racing, if you think that they don't use brakes. What an idiot. Pure
and simple. Jeez, if you even ever bothered to listen to someone like
Benny Parsons, or Daryl Waltrip, and on and on, when at a
superspeedway they almost always mention using brakes as opposed to
lifting the throttle. It is a VERY common practice.

You may be listening, but as usual you don't understand what they're
saying. Yes, if they have to slow down they use the brakes. Of course.
It's just that for 99% of the race, they don't have to slow down.
Unlike other types of racing, superspeedway restrictor plate racing does
not require the drive to brake going into any corners. It's flat out
pedal to the metal racing around the entire track. The only time the
may need to touch the brakes is to avoid running into someone else and
to come into the pits.

They even
tape up the brake vents for more downforce since there's little need to
cool the brakes.

Actually, almost all teams don't even use brake ducting on
superspeedways, if that is what you mean by "brake vents".

They don't use brake ducting because they don't use he brakes. If they
used the brakes "quite a lot" as you claim, without any ducting, then
Rick would be right in that the brakes would melt the tires.

No, idiot they don't use ducting because the straights are long enough
for the brakes to cool.

Not if they used the brakes a lot without any ducting. You have no idea
about the aerodynamics of race cars.

Bull****. You idiot. The rotors are vented. You've never been close to
a stock car, by evidence of your crap. You'll hear people like Daryl
Waltrip, Benny Parsons, Wally Dahlenbach, etc. talk about using the
brakes as opposed to lifting off of the throttle at least once during
every restictor plate race that they commentate. It's very simple, but
I'm sure you wont' understand. You use the brakes as opposed to
lifting the throttle because if you keep the air/fuel mixture pushing
through the restrictor plate, the engine comes back up to speed much
quicker than if you lift the throttle. Plain and simple, and any idiot
that knows anything about racing knows this.

But during 99% of the race, they don't use the brakes *or* lift off of
the throttle. That's the part you don't understand. Yes, if they have
to slow down, they'd rather use the brakes instead of lifting off the
throttle. But during that type of racing, they don't do either hardly
ever.

That's the exact opposite from short track and road course races where
they use the brakes so much that they need blowers to cool the them
since the vents don't provide enough cooling. They use a beefy braking
setup for those races since they have twice the power available so
there's much more to overcome braking losses, and they really need the
brakes.

The "beefy" brakes are because they have to slow the car from say,
130mph in the straight at Bristol, down to 60mph in turns 1 and 2, in
the shortest amount of time. It's all about being able to hold that
130mph until the last possible moment, slamming on the brakes until
the car takes a "set" (meaning it goes from pushing, or understeer, to
loose, or oversteer.), then being able to get back into the throttle.
Of course, I'm sure, you are an expert, as always!!!!
Oh, and your Nascar tire diatribe is wrong, and stupid.

You're too funny. Are you sure you're not Jax?

Hope you are getting it now, but I doubt it.

Your understanding of engines is just as abysmal as racing.

Haahaa!! You know more about stock car racing than I do?? Yet you
didn't know until this conversation that in restictor plate races,
they use the brakes as opposed to lifting the throttle??!!!
bwaaaahaaa!!

The fact that you think the drivers use the brakes "quite a lot" during
restrictor plate racing proves you know nothing about it. Go spew your
crap on the racing newsgroups and they'll laugh at you just as hard as
we do here.

Steve
Steven Shelikoff

"Joe" wrote in message

[...]

http://www.coxmarketinggroup.com/media2.cfm?ID=145

Excerpt:
---------------
07/02/03
No. 54 National Guard/Todd Bodine Advance: Daytona Pepsi 400

From The No. 54 National Guard Cockpit: Driver Todd Bodine

Last year at this event you tied your best finish of seventh at Daytona.
At the 500 this year, you were looking to better it but weather stepped
in and wiped out your chances. What is it about restrictor-plate racing
at Daytona that you like?

"With restrictor-plate racing a lot of it has to do with being at the
right place at the right time. My role really is to mash the pedal down
and to avoid braking at all costs."
---------------

Now, YOU find one where a driver, any driver, says he uses the brakes
"quite a lot" at a Nascar restrictor plate race. It'll be easier for
you if, for your quote, you just look for the drivers who come in last.

Steve
basskisser

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...
On 7 Nov 2003 04:58:19 -0800,
(basskisser) wrote:

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message
lol... rpm's come back quicker. Loosing rpm's for a full lap... You
have no idea what you're talking about. Let me give you a hint: if a
driver brakes in the middle of racing during a restrictor plate race,
he's gonna loose a whole lot of positions. And they are tough to get
back.

Steve

You idiot, you have apparently never listened or watched a restrictor
plate race, and have no knowledge of the subject. Restrictor plate
cars DO take up to a lap to come back up to full speed. After a

And that's exactly why they DON'T apply the brakes. You're
contradicting yourself, again.

Try to follow along, you ignorant oaf. AGAIN, they use the brakes, as
opposed to lifting off of the throttle, because with restrictor
plates, if you are still shoving fuel/air mixture down it, the engine
will come back up to speed quicker than if you lift off of the
throttle. It's been said time and time again, some comentator mentions
it at least once in every plate race. I surprised you've never heard
it, so apparently you don't follow racing.

caution lap, it takes a COUPLE of laps to get back up to speed. That
is what to **** the restrictor plate is FOR, you idiot. And again, a
driver would RATHER use the brakes, as opposed to lifting the
throttle. Listen and learn. If you watch a plate race, you'll hear

And as has been pointed out to you but you refuse to learn, the only
time a driver will use the brakes during a restrictor plate race is to
avoid hitting someone or to slow down for the pit. They do not normally
apply the brakes when going into each turn, as is done in other types of
racing.

Wrong. Period. Daytona. many, many drivers will set the car in turn 3
(it's kina rough there) by tapping the brakes.

Daryl, or Benny etc. state at least once during the race, that they
use the brakes as opposed to lifting the throttle, and why.

Again, you hear someone say something and don't know how to apply it.
So, I'll ask you once again to put up or shut up. There are thousands
of web sites devoted to Nascar racing. Find just 2 reputable ones that
say during restrictor plate racing, the driver will use the brakes
"quite a lot" as you have claimed. If you can't do that, it's time for
you to shut up and stop displaying your ignorance to the world.

Steve

What a ****ing moron you are!!! You REALLY believe that they don't use
brakes??? Unbelievable!
Steven Shelikoff

(basskisser) wrote:

[...]

We know you don't follow racing, or ir you do and you just don't
understand it. Which is it?

caution lap, it takes a COUPLE of laps to get back up to speed. That
is what to **** the restrictor plate is FOR, you idiot. And again, a
driver would RATHER use the brakes, as opposed to lifting the
throttle. Listen and learn. If you watch a plate race, you'll hear

And as has been pointed out to you but you refuse to learn, the only
time a driver will use the brakes during a restrictor plate race is to
avoid hitting someone or to slow down for the pit. They do not normally
apply the brakes when going into each turn, as is done in other types of
racing.

Wrong. Period. Daytona. many, many drivers will set the car in turn 3
(it's kina rough there) by tapping the brakes.

Even if that were true (which it isn't) tapping the brakes when entering
one turn on the a 2.5 mile track does not constitute using the brakes
"quite a lot" as you have claimed. It's a lot closer to the 1%, as I
have claimed. However, the drivers who do "set the car" by tapping the
brakes will lose positions on the track.

Daryl, or Benny etc. state at least once during the race, that they
use the brakes as opposed to lifting the throttle, and why.

Again, you hear someone say something and don't know how to apply it.
So, I'll ask you once again to put up or shut up. There are thousands
of web sites devoted to Nascar racing. Find just 2 reputable ones that
say during restrictor plate racing, the driver will use the brakes
"quite a lot" as you have claimed. If you can't do that, it's time for
you to shut up and stop displaying your ignorance to the world.

What a ****ing moron you are!!! You REALLY believe that they don't use
brakes??? Unbelievable!

What's the matter idiot? You can't find ANY source that says drivers
use their brakes quite a lot during restrictor plate races as you have
claimed? Put up or shut up.

Steve
basskisser

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...

(basskisser) wrote:

[...]

I surely follow it more closely than you! If you think they don't use
brakes on superspeedways!!! That is just laughable! Again, you must
know more than almost all of the drivers, past and present. They DO
use the brakes, as opposed to lifting the throttle. When they get in a
draft, the car sucks up to the car in front of it FAST, and they don't
lift the throttle, they brake. Again, you probably should listen to a
few superspeedway races before making idiotic allegations.

[...]

No, not so. Again, showing your idiocy. LISTEN to the commentators,
all of them former drivers or crew chiefs. They ALWAYS talk about
using the brake as opposed to lifting the throttle. It's how it's
done.

Daryl, or Benny etc. state at least once during the race, that they
use the brakes as opposed to lifting the throttle, and why.

Again, you hear someone say something and don't know how to apply it.
So, I'll ask you once again to put up or shut up. There are thousands
of web sites devoted to Nascar racing. Find just 2 reputable ones that
say during restrictor plate racing, the driver will use the brakes
"quite a lot" as you have claimed. If you can't do that, it's time for
you to shut up and stop displaying your ignorance to the world.

What a ****ing moron you are!!! You REALLY believe that they don't use
brakes??? Unbelievable!

What's the matter idiot? You can't find ANY source that says drivers
use their brakes quite a lot during restrictor plate races as you have
claimed? Put up or shut up.

There just aren't a lot of websites about racing for people who don't
understand a damned thing about it. It is such common knowledge that
the use brakes as opposed to lifting the throttle on superspeedways,
that there just isn't alot of verbage on the subject. I mean, you
won't find a lot of talk about the racing shoes they wear, but that
doesn't mean they don't wear them!