Steven Shelikoff

Default Trailer Tires Overheating.

On 7 Nov 2003 10:49:51 -0800, (basskisser) wrote:

"Joe" wrote in message ...
"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Joe" wrote in message

Bobby Labonte on restrictor plate racing:

"That type of racing to me isn't as exciting as going 200 miles per

hour at
the end of the straightaway at Atlanta (which does not use restrictor
plates) because I can control what I'm doing," said defending series
champion Bobby Labonte.

"I have the opportunity to let off the gas and hit the brake and all

that
stuff. At Daytona you don't do that. You just hold it wide open, and

then
you're in a pack of cars all day. It's obvious that's not the same type

of
racing we're doing everywhere else. It's not the same."
http://tinyurl.com/twmd

I guess you know more about racing than Bobby Labonte?

There's only a few times you ever use brakes during restrictor plate

racing-

1) To avoid an accident
2) To slow down while entering the pits
3) To slow down in the turns due to a handling/mechanical problem with

the
car.

You are stupid, and WRONG... you dumb idiot, if you EVER LISTENED to a
race broadcast, of say, Talledage, or Daytona, or other
superspeedways, the commentators, racers all, will ALWAYS talk about
using the brakes as opposed to lifting off the throttle ALWAYS. Why?
With restrictor plates, if they lift, the RPM loss, and speed is much
greater than if they brake. If they keep the fuel/air mixture pushing
through the restrictor plate, the car comes back up to speed much
quicker than if they lifted off of the throttle. It's pretty simple,
but, I'm sure you still don't understand, JoeTechnician.

Just what I figured, you know more about racing than Bobby Labonte.

I'll add it to your list

Please show where Bobby Labonte, or any other driver for that matter,
has said that they don't use brakes at superspeedways. You,

http://www.coxmarketinggroup.com/media2.cfm?ID=145

Excerpt:
---------------
07/02/03
No. 54 National Guard/Todd Bodine Advance: Daytona Pepsi 400

From The No. 54 National Guard Cockpit: Driver Todd Bodine

Last year at this event you tied your best finish of seventh at Daytona.
At the 500 this year, you were looking to better it but weather stepped
in and wiped out your chances. What is it about restrictor-plate racing
at Daytona that you like?

"With restrictor-plate racing a lot of it has to do with being at the
right place at the right time. My role really is to mash the pedal down
and to avoid braking at all costs."

Now, YOU find one where a driver, any driver, says he uses the brakes
"quite a lot" at a Nascar restrictor plate race. It'll be easier for
you if, for your quote, you just look for the drivers who come in last.

Steve