Steven Shelikoff

Default Trailer Tires Overheating.

On 10 Nov 2003 09:47:11 -0800, (basskisser) wrote:

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message
driver can adjust brake bias from his seat, just a turn of the knob.

Something else you've read somewhere and don't know how to apply? Nice.

Steve

Are you saying that it isn't done? Really? Hell, every Winston cup car
now has the ability to adjust brake bias from the cockpit. Anybody
that knows anything about racing knows this: this is from Dale
Jarrett's crew chief, a little Q and A session on nascar.com:

Of course it's done. But the part you snipped shows that you have no
idea what adjusting the brake bias does and doesn't do.

Question: We hear a lot about the driver's ability to change the brake
bias in the car while driving, but they never explain how it actually
works and how the driver changes it. At which tracks would they use
this more than others and why?

ANSWER: You have a brake bias adjustor that adjusts the front to rear
brake bias. The driver can manually do that by turning a knob that's
located right by the shifter handle. One revolution clockwise would
adjust the front and one revolution counter clockwise would adjust the
rear. The adjustor changes the bias by about 30 to 50 pounds per
revolution. The driver only adjusts the brake bias during a run for
fuel burn-off or because the car is pushing or is loose.

Still don't think it's done? Still don't think I knew what I was
talking about?

Yes, I still don't think you know what you're talking about. Because it
is not relavent at all in your post where you first brought up adjusting
the brake bias. Now that you've looked it up on the web, I'm glad to
see that you've learned what it does (well, maybe not learned but at
least you can regurgitate a blurb about it) because you didn't know
before. Now you can go back and look at the part you snipped to see why
it's irrelavent.

Now that you've proven that it may be possible for you to learn
something, let's see if you can use that power to realize that drivers
don't use the brakes "quite a lot" during restrictor plate races. In
fact, they avoid using the brakes at all costs because in that type of
racing, just a tap of the brakes costs them positions.

Steve
Steven Shelikoff

On 10 Nov 2003 09:38:53 -0800, (basskisser) wrote:

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...
On 10 Nov 2003 04:31:57 -0800,
(basskisser) wrote:

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...
On 7 Nov 2003 04:58:19 -0800,
(basskisser) wrote:

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message
lol... rpm's come back quicker. Loosing rpm's for a full lap... You
have no idea what you're talking about. Let me give you a hint: if a
driver brakes in the middle of racing during a restrictor plate race,
he's gonna loose a whole lot of positions. And they are tough to get
back.

You idiot, you have apparently never listened or watched a restrictor
plate race, and have no knowledge of the subject. Restrictor plate
cars DO take up to a lap to come back up to full speed. After a

And that's exactly why they DON'T apply the brakes. You're
contradicting yourself, again.

Try to follow along, you ignorant oaf. AGAIN, they use the brakes, as
opposed to lifting off of the throttle, because with restrictor
plates, if you are still shoving fuel/air mixture down it, the engine
will come back up to speed quicker than if you lift off of the
throttle. It's been said time and time again, some comentator mentions
it at least once in every plate race. I surprised you've never heard
it, so apparently you don't follow racing.

We know you don't follow racing, or ir you do and you just don't
understand it. Which is it?

I surely follow it more closely than you! If you think they don't use
brakes on superspeedways!!! That is just laughable! Again, you must
know more than almost all of the drivers, past and present. They DO
use the brakes, as opposed to lifting the throttle. When they get in a
draft, the car sucks up to the car in front of it FAST, and they don't
lift the throttle, they brake. Again, you probably should listen to a
few superspeedway races before making idiotic allegations.

You are hilarious in your misunderstanding of that type of racing. They
are almost always in a draft because they are usually bunched up and yet
they don't brake. So you think you know more about racing then Todd
Bodine, who says specifically at
http://www.coxmarketinggroup.com/media2.cfm?ID=145 that at restrictor
plate races, "My role really is to mash the pedal down and to avoid
braking at all costs."

Yup, you really know more about it then a Nascar race car driver. What
a loon you are.

caution lap, it takes a COUPLE of laps to get back up to speed. That
is what to **** the restrictor plate is FOR, you idiot. And again, a
driver would RATHER use the brakes, as opposed to lifting the
throttle. Listen and learn. If you watch a plate race, you'll hear

And as has been pointed out to you but you refuse to learn, the only
time a driver will use the brakes during a restrictor plate race is to
avoid hitting someone or to slow down for the pit. They do not normally
apply the brakes when going into each turn, as is done in other types of
racing.

Wrong. Period. Daytona. many, many drivers will set the car in turn 3
(it's kina rough there) by tapping the brakes.

Even if that were true (which it isn't) tapping the brakes when entering
one turn on the a 2.5 mile track does not constitute using the brakes
"quite a lot" as you have claimed. It's a lot closer to the 1%, as I
have claimed. However, the drivers who do "set the car" by tapping the
brakes will lose positions on the track.

No, not so. Again, showing your idiocy. LISTEN to the commentators,
all of them former drivers or crew chiefs. They ALWAYS talk about
using the brake as opposed to lifting the throttle. It's how it's
done.

As proven in previous threads, you just don't understand english. When
someone says that a driver will use the brakes instead of lifting the
throttle, that doesn't mean they use the brakes "quite a lot" as you
have claimed. It means that the very few times during a 500 mile race
that they may need to slow down for some reason, they'll use the brakes
instead of lifting the throttle. But they can go for many laps in a row
without needing to lift the throttle *or* touch the brakes at all. For
you to deny that's true proves you don't understand that type of racing
in the slightest.

Daryl, or Benny etc. state at least once during the race, that they
use the brakes as opposed to lifting the throttle, and why.

Again, you hear someone say something and don't know how to apply it.
So, I'll ask you once again to put up or shut up. There are thousands
of web sites devoted to Nascar racing. Find just 2 reputable ones that
say during restrictor plate racing, the driver will use the brakes
"quite a lot" as you have claimed. If you can't do that, it's time for
you to shut up and stop displaying your ignorance to the world.

What a ****ing moron you are!!! You REALLY believe that they don't use
brakes??? Unbelievable!

What's the matter idiot? You can't find ANY source that says drivers
use their brakes quite a lot during restrictor plate races as you have
claimed? Put up or shut up.

There just aren't a lot of websites about racing for people who don't
understand a damned thing about it. It is such common knowledge that
the use brakes as opposed to lifting the throttle on superspeedways,
that there just isn't alot of verbage on the subject. I mean, you
won't find a lot of talk about the racing shoes they wear, but that
doesn't mean they don't wear them!

And yet it took me all of 2 minutes to find
http://www.coxmarketinggroup.com/media2.cfm?ID=145

And that's just in the first few sites of the thousands that turned up
on google. And I don't think you even tried to search for info on the
racing shoes they wear. Because if you did, you'd find it. More proof
of your ineptness.

Steve
Calif Bill

Actually his regurgitation is not really right.
The driver can manually do that by turning a knob that's
located right by the shifter handle. One revolution clockwise would
adjust the front and one revolution counter clockwise would adjust the
rear.

One knob. Turn it clockwise and more force goes to the front and less to
the back. And vs. versa. All modern cars have brake bias built into the
master cylinder or a valve just out from it. Just not adjustable the NASCAR
way. Chevy Blazer 4x4 had a recall for a switch that changed the bias.
Thought it was in 4x4 all the time and reduced rear braking and increased
front braking force. Ate up front pads fierce.

[...]

basskisser

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...

(basskisser) wrote:

[...]

You stupid putz!!! Of COURSE, in a perfect scenario, they'd never
brake, nor would the ever lift. You know nothing about racing. Do you
honestly think that everything you need to know about racing can be
found via websites?? Well, then let's try this: read up, then go to
either Barber's racing school, or Richard Petty Driving Experience,
and see what you've learned. What a boob you are. I have contended
from the beginning, that they use brakes at superspeedways. I have
also contended from the beginning that they use the brakes as opposed
to lifting the throttle for reasons very obvious to someone who knows
ANYTHING about restrictor plate racing. You've proven, as usual, that
you know only what you've gotten from a webpage.

basskisser

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...
On 10 Nov 2003 09:47:11 -0800,
(basskisser) wrote:

[...]

You idiot! ANYTHING you do in "that type of racing" "costs them
positions". But, sometimes things need to be done. If someone, in a
drafting situation, hasn't got anybody to get out of line with them,
and they are faster WHEN IN THE DRAFT, they will use brakes to keep
from hitting the person in front of them. You may not know this (oh,
but of COURSE you do!) but aerodynamics is very important. If they
mess up the nose of the race car even a little, their chances are not
good. Now, they brake, as opposed to lifting off of the throttle for
reasons anybody associated with racing knows.
Steven Shelikoff

(basskisser) wrote:

[...]

Wrong. Driving in line with the pedal to the floor and not touching the
brakes does not cost them positions. That's why they do it.

drafting situation, hasn't got anybody to get out of line with them,
and they are faster WHEN IN THE DRAFT, they will use brakes to keep
from hitting the person in front of them. You may not know this (oh,

Yup, you really don't know what you're talking about. For instance, did
you know that when two cars in a very close draft (i.e., not more then a
few feet apart) as they typically are in restrictor plate racing, that
the front car is also helped by the draft and can go faster then if it
were on it's own? And just how often in a restrictor plate race do you
think that a car come up from behind and into a draft fast enougn that
they have to hit the brakes?

but of COURSE you do!) but aerodynamics is very important. If they
mess up the nose of the race car even a little, their chances are not

Yup, yet again you don't know what you're talking about. In that
situation, many times instead of using the brakes or lifting off the
throttle, the driver behind will touch and push the car in front. They
do that because it helps both cars. Hitting the brakes will only hurt
the driver behind significantly, and the one in front slightly since
they won't get the push that they would have otherwise gotten if the car
behind didn't brake.

good. Now, they brake, as opposed to lifting off of the throttle for
reasons anybody associated with racing knows.

Apparently that discounts you.

I'm still waiting for you to prove your point that they use the brakes
quite a lot in restrictor plate races as I have proven that they don't.
Put up or shut up.

Steve
Steven Shelikoff

(basskisser) wrote:

[...]

If you could actually read you'd realize that I didn't say they never
brake. I said that you are wrong when you claim they use the brakes
quite a lot when in fact they try to avoid using them at all costs and
can go for many laps in a row without touching the brakes. That's
opposed to other types of racing where they have to slow down at every
turn.

honestly think that everything you need to know about racing can be
found via websites?? Well, then let's try this: read up, then go to

Not everything. But this subject is hashed out in many places and every
single one says you're wrong.

either Barber's racing school, or Richard Petty Driving Experience,
and see what you've learned. What a boob you are. I have contended

Well, I have been through the BMW precision driving school and have done
the Richard Petty Driving Experience and I used to race at SCCA
sanctioned events. However, none of them as well as the Skip Barber
racing school are in any way applicable to restrictor plate racing. The
fact that you would even bring them up shows you don't know what you're
talking about and have a problem correctly applying information you
hear.

from the beginning, that they use brakes at superspeedways. I have
also contended from the beginning that they use the brakes as opposed
to lifting the throttle for reasons very obvious to someone who knows
ANYTHING about restrictor plate racing. You've proven, as usual, that
you know only what you've gotten from a webpage.

And you've proven that you can't even find a single source that supports
your point.

Steve
basskisser

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...

(basskisser) wrote:

[...]

BWWAAAAAHAAAAA!!! I just KNEW it!!! As usual, everything anybody EVER
mentions, you, in your own eyes are the expert!!! I was just WAITING
for that to come out!!!! You are nothing short of a liar. You claim to
have been to driving schools and didn't know that in car brake bias
adjustment existed!!!! LIAR!!!!

from the beginning, that they use brakes at superspeedways. I have
also contended from the beginning that they use the brakes as opposed
to lifting the throttle for reasons very obvious to someone who knows
ANYTHING about restrictor plate racing. You've proven, as usual, that
you know only what you've gotten from a webpage.

And you've proven that you can't even find a single source that supports
your point.

Steve

Again, I don't use the web for all of my knowledge. Most comes from
experience!