basskisser

Default Trailer Tires Overheating.

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...
On 10 Nov 2003 09:47:11 -0800,
(basskisser) wrote:

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message
driver can adjust brake bias from his seat, just a turn of the knob.

Something else you've read somewhere and don't know how to apply? Nice.

Steve

Are you saying that it isn't done? Really? Hell, every Winston cup car
now has the ability to adjust brake bias from the cockpit. Anybody
that knows anything about racing knows this: this is from Dale
Jarrett's crew chief, a little Q and A session on nascar.com:

Of course it's done. But the part you snipped shows that you have no
idea what adjusting the brake bias does and doesn't do.

Question: We hear a lot about the driver's ability to change the brake
bias in the car while driving, but they never explain how it actually
works and how the driver changes it. At which tracks would they use
this more than others and why?

ANSWER: You have a brake bias adjustor that adjusts the front to rear
brake bias. The driver can manually do that by turning a knob that's
located right by the shifter handle. One revolution clockwise would
adjust the front and one revolution counter clockwise would adjust the
rear. The adjustor changes the bias by about 30 to 50 pounds per
revolution. The driver only adjusts the brake bias during a run for
fuel burn-off or because the car is pushing or is loose.

Still don't think it's done? Still don't think I knew what I was
talking about?

Yes, I still don't think you know what you're talking about. Because it
is not relavent at all in your post where you first brought up adjusting
the brake bias. Now that you've looked it up on the web, I'm glad to
see that you've learned what it does (well, maybe not learned but at
least you can regurgitate a blurb about it) because you didn't know
before. Now you can go back and look at the part you snipped to see why
it's irrelavent.

Now that you've proven that it may be possible for you to learn
something, let's see if you can use that power to realize that drivers
don't use the brakes "quite a lot" during restrictor plate races. In
fact, they avoid using the brakes at all costs because in that type of
racing, just a tap of the brakes costs them positions.

Steve

You idiot! ANYTHING you do in "that type of racing" "costs them
positions". But, sometimes things need to be done. If someone, in a
drafting situation, hasn't got anybody to get out of line with them,
and they are faster WHEN IN THE DRAFT, they will use brakes to keep
from hitting the person in front of them. You may not know this (oh,
but of COURSE you do!) but aerodynamics is very important. If they
mess up the nose of the race car even a little, their chances are not
good. Now, they brake, as opposed to lifting off of the throttle for
reasons anybody associated with racing knows.