Default No golf today

On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 05:45:36 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

John H.
"From one who can't spell 'America'.

He *meant* 'neophyte adolescent suffering from epistemological loneliness', but
figured neither of you would understand. Use of the article 'a' is perfectly
acceptable in the context as used.

Now go back to some sociability. You're much better at it."

Well JohnnyMop, as I've explained to you numerous times I simply spell it as y'all pronounce it.
Maybe you should try to be sociable once in a while instead of constantly sniffing Harry's butt and instigating your rancor.

We pronounce 'it' same as '****', only without the 'sh'. What does our pronunciation
of 'it' have to do with your mispelling of 'America'.
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, audiophools, and narcissists...not guns!

On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 08:42:56 -0500, John H. wrote:

On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 07:48:58 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote:

On 2/25/16 6:36 AM, John H. wrote:
On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 20:28:57 -0500, Alex wrote:

Keyser Söze wrote:
On 2/24/16 12:06 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 2/23/2016 5:56 PM, Keyser Söze wrote:
John H. wrote:
On Tue, 23 Feb 2016 10:46:05 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 2/23/16 8:24 AM, John H. wrote:
On Tue, 23 Feb 2016 07:44:01 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 2/23/16 6:58 AM, John H. wrote:
On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 20:26:17 -0500, Alex wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 21:37:40 -0500, Alex wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2016 19:38:42 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

Ditzy Dan Kruger blathers...
True North wrote:
Oh boy...now I feel really cold.
Local CBC says it's minus 12C but feels like minus 23C due
to wind.
I'd better buy a new outdoor thermometer...or place the
current
one further from the house.
"Sure you can afford one?"

I can afford to buy a new boat, dummy.
Wife and I picked out one yesterday at the local boat show.
So? Come on...tell us more. Pictures?

Here I've spent hours reading and listening to computer sound
systems, and you're
doing something constructive!
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!
I have these. The controller is outstanding!

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/...nion5_graphite

I looked at that in Best Buy. If they'd had one in stock, I may
have brought it home.
Luckily, they were out of them. I came home, moved the
subwoofer to a different spot,
and listened to the Saint-Saëns symphony at a reasonable
volume. Sounded great, so
I'm going to stick with these old Logitech Z2300s for a while
longer.
--

I bought mine from the Bose outlet store. 30% off retail and
they seem

Amazon, Best Buy, Bose, etc, all want $399 for the Companion 5s.
Only used, on Ebay,
is there a different price that I saw.

If I were to go with a different set, those would be the
speakers, I think.
--

Interesting that Bose doesn't include frequency response in its
on-line

http://dreamandreach.bose.com/en_US/...sychoacoustics

--

Ahh, so the frequency response numbers must be pretty crappy in
comparison to similarly priced speakers from other

I've never been disappointed with any set of Bose speakers. Of
course, unlike you I
don't listen to the frequency response numbers. I listen to the music.

Again, don't you ever just get f'ing sick of yourself?
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, and narcissists...not guns!

As some wag once wrote:

No highs, no lows...must be Bose.

That slogan has been around since the early 1970's, started by either
audio elitists who misunderstood what Bose was marketing and selling in
the 901 series speakers or by one of the competing "high end" speaker
manufacturers of the day. The Bose 901 speaker design was originally
unique in the respect that it employed the "direct/reflecting" concept
in a fairly small enclosure for the standards of the time. You have to
remember that the "high end" speakers of the 1960's (the 901's were
introduced in 1968) were typically large, heavy, (sometimes double
walled and sand filled) monstrosities that contained a large 12" or 15"
woofer, mid-range and various types of tweeter drivers. The 901's were
an attempt to create a sound stage effect by reflecting most of the
sound off the walls behind the speakers.

The big problem is that few people had living rooms that allowed the
901's to be set up properly. They depend on proper spacing away from
hard walls (not curtains or drapes) to sound good. They also shouldn't
be placed symmetrically in a room (meaning both speakers being the same
distance from a side wall). Guys who understood the placement
requirements might have tried but wives usually prevailed in terms of
where they ended up in a room. Been there, done that.

Another bit about the 901's: Without the Bose equalizer they sound
terrible. I've seen vintage 901's set up and being used without the
equalizer because it was either lost or not working. Waste of time.
Try to find a vintage Bose equalizer on eBay or elsewhere. They don't
come up for sale often.

That all said, the 901's *can* sound wonderful if properly set up. I
have had the unique opportunity to compare a fully functional set (with
equalizer) that were made in 1980 to a pair of "high end" (for their
day) four foot high JBL studio monitor monsters. Both speaker sets are
up in a large garage with the 901's having the benefit of hard,
sheetrock walls behind them.

The 901's sound better overall to my ears and to everyone who has
listened to both in a casual "blind" test. The JBL's sound great.
The Bose 901's are clearer though with crisper highs and about the same
level of bass as the JBL's. More importantly is the
sound stage image they project as compared to the JBL's. The Bose
concept works *if* you pay attention to how they are setup.

As for other, contemporary Bose products, they are simply an over-priced
way to get "big" sound out of small enclosures, IMO. The original
direct/reflecting concept has been dropped in favor of things like
waveguides to reinforce bass in a small package. Other audio equipment
manufacturers have adopted similar waveguide designs over the years that
are much less expensive to purchase.

Oh ... one other comment for Harry. Bose has never officially published
the frequency response curves for any of their products.
It's basically meaningless anyway when comparing similar sized speakers.
A set of speakers with a theoretically "perfect", flat
response curve from 20Hz to 20kHz are not going to sound the same
set up in different rooms. The acoustics of the room itself
has a major impact on how they sound. Same is true in your favorite
concert hall. Millions are spent on the design and acoustic treatment
of the hall in order to "equalize" the sound of all the various
instruments in a symphony orchestra.

Thanks. My points of reference these days remain my electrostatics and
a friend's setup with genuine Klipschhorns.

Sure.

He heard that word from Luddite.
--

Lookie, lookie...a pair of *ConservaSnarks*

Are you sure the friend's 'Klipschhorns' (sic) are genuine? It appears maybe the
label was misspelled by the Chinese? You checked the serial numbers with the factory?

~crickets~

Awww. JohnnyRancor is upset over the spelling of 'Merica. Awww.

John H. wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2016 19:38:42 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

Ditzy Dan Kruger blathers...

As some wag once wrote:

[...]

I'll bet you hear crickets a lot. Remember, JohnnyRancor, you are not
*entitled* to answers.

Tim Tim is offline

12:42 PMKeyser Söze
Awww. JohnnyRancor is upset over the spelling of 'Merica. Awww.

Really Harry, you should be too

On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 10:54:40 -0800 (PST), Tim wrote:

12:42 PMKeyser Söze
Awww. JohnnyRancor is upset over the spelling of 'Merica. Awww.

Really Harry, you should be too

He's more or less disavowed any allegiance to this country. It's a 'bad' country
according to him, jps, and Don. Sweden, on the other hand, is a good country.
Although, it appears Sweden is quickly becoming 'less nice'.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/w...ants/79448202/
--

Ban liars, tax cheats, idiots, audiophools, and narcissists...not guns!

Tim wrote:
12:42 PMKeyser Söze
Awww. JohnnyRancor is upset over the spelling of 'Merica. Awww.

Really Harry, you should be too

Why?

--
Sent from my iPhone 6+

On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 14:06:31 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

Tim wrote:
12:42 PMKeyser Söze
Awww. JohnnyRancor is upset over the spelling of 'Merica. Awww.

Really Harry, you should be too

Why?

===

Why? Because you should be proud of this great country which has
allowed you to live as a leach all of these years.

New golf hat... John H[_2_] General 2 August 21st 13 09:04 PM
Lovely Day on the Golf Course Today! John H[_2_] General 7 May 24th 13 03:03 PM
Why I play golf John H[_2_] General 31 June 11th 11 02:10 AM
No Golf Today John H[_12_] General 23 January 11th 10 05:06 PM
Golf... Short Wave Sportfishing General 23 February 29th 08 01:30 AM