KC KC is offline

Default Got a couple...

of at risk young folks we work with, one 18, one 21. They have been
pounding the pavement here for almost a month, one has put more than 30
personal stops and restops to places that "might" be hiring and who
knows how many on line applications. There is just nothing out there now
the pres is gonna' give 11 million new illegals the right to compete for
the ones that are there?

Oh, and the 18 year old just found out his license appt has been pushed
back 60 days as they are expecting a flood of illegals at DMV here in
CT... This is crazy...

You are as usual full of ****.
--
Sent from my iPhone 6+

On 12/5/2014 12:56 PM, KC wrote:
of at risk young folks we work with, one 18, one 21. They have been
pounding the pavement here for almost a month, one has put more than 30
personal stops and restops to places that "might" be hiring and who
knows how many on line applications. There is just nothing out there now
the pres is gonna' give 11 million new illegals the right to compete for
the ones that are there?

Oh, and the 18 year old just found out his license appt has been pushed
back 60 days as they are expecting a flood of illegals at DMV here in
CT... This is crazy...

Do they have any skills that could lead to employment?
Tim Tim is offline

I don't know about the Drivers thing Scott but the local economy in my area sucks. A friend of mine is trying to support a family of 5 while working part time in an auto parts store. He was full time till they started cutting hours. He's been looking for other emoyment for the last 6 months but nothing for him in the area. He's a good mechanic too and takes side work but he says that's getting slim too. No, the economy isn't 'booming' regardless of what anyone says.

On 12/5/14 3:51 PM, Tim wrote:
I don't know about the Drivers thing Scott but the local economy in my area sucks. A friend of mine is trying to support a family of 5 while working part time in an auto parts store. He was full time till they started cutting hours. He's been looking for other emoyment for the last 6 months but nothing for him in the area. He's a good mechanic too and takes side work but he says that's getting slim too. No, the economy isn't 'booming' regardless of what anyone says.

I know a couple of "troubled" kids on the west coast who got into a
12-week pre-job program to learn general work skills and then into union
apprenticeship programs to become skilled workers with steady jobs and
good pay and benefits.

--
I feel no need to explain my politics to stupid right-wingers.
After all, I am *not* the Jackass Whisperer.

On 12/5/2014 3:51 PM, Tim wrote:
I don't know about the Drivers thing Scott but the local economy in my area sucks. A friend of mine is trying to support a family of 5 while working part time in an auto parts store. He was full time till they started cutting hours. He's been looking for other emoyment for the last 6 months but nothing for him in the area. He's a good mechanic too and takes side work but he says that's getting slim too. No, the economy isn't 'booming' regardless of what anyone says.

Good paying jobs are still hard to find. Many that existed 8 to 10
years ago are gone for good. People who want to get ahead may have
to go back to school, learn new skills and start all over.
KC KC is offline

On 12/5/2014 2:18 PM, Let it snowe wrote:
On 12/5/2014 12:56 PM, KC wrote:
of at risk young folks we work with, one 18, one 21. They have been
pounding the pavement here for almost a month, one has put more than 30
personal stops and restops to places that "might" be hiring and who
knows how many on line applications. There is just nothing out there now
the pres is gonna' give 11 million new illegals the right to compete for
the ones that are there?

Oh, and the 18 year old just found out his license appt has been pushed
back 60 days as they are expecting a flood of illegals at DMV here in
CT... This is crazy...

Do they have any skills that could lead to employment?

The 18 year old is just graduating HS next month but has worked nights
part time with a stage company. He does sound and lights, etc but that
is a pretty narrow market. The 21 YO just graduated from a local tech
school, with automotive mostly in his curriculum. Both have good
appearance and are pretty sharp. It's a tough market around here for
young guys.

On 12/5/2014 12:56 PM, KC wrote:
[...]

Tell the kid getting out of high school to check out:

http://bergstenmusic.com/

They are the largest backstage equipment rental company in New England
and supply sound gear, lights, mixing equipment and instruments
(guitars, amps, organs, keyboards, etc.) for bands and groups when they
perform at the major venues in the New England area. The have a crew up
there working almost 24/7 filling orders for equipment and a fleet of 8
large trucks and several smaller ones to deliver and pick it all up.

I've been up there many times. It's like Disneyland for musicians or
audio/lighting geeks. Don't know if they are hiring but I know they are
busy as hell. The owner is a friend of mine and he told me they average
about 200 rental/setup gigs a month.

After a couple of years... F.O.A.D. General 60 February 14th 14 07:52 AM
A sensible couple... YukonBound General 3 July 28th 10 01:05 AM
A couple more of Hawaii... JohnH General 9 August 30th 06 08:28 PM
A couple of dolphin Jim General 3 July 22nd 06 09:28 PM
A couple new pictures . . . Simple Simon ASA 46 October 9th 03 04:14 AM