Simple Simon

Default A couple new pictures . . .

I added a couple more pictures to my New Sails page to satisfy some
of the inquiries and criticism I've read here lately.

One picture shows detail of one of the hanks on the jib. This is posted
because far too many people these days use wind-up sails and live
with an inferior system to plain, simple, and reliable hanks.

A second picture shows the jib and headstay because some of you
putzes actually had the cheek to suggest that my headstay needed to
be tightened. The photo proves you in error (as is the usual case)

http://captneal.homestead.com/newsails.html

S.Simon

Jonathan Ganz

I can just imagine....

"Watch out for that yellow cruising sloop" can be heard at yacht clubs and
racing venues all over south Florida.

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
I added a couple more pictures to my New Sails page to satisfy some
of the inquiries and criticism I've read here lately.

One picture shows detail of one of the hanks on the jib. This is posted
because far too many people these days use wind-up sails and live
with an inferior system to plain, simple, and reliable hanks.

A second picture shows the jib and headstay because some of you
putzes actually had the cheek to suggest that my headstay needed to
be tightened. The photo proves you in error (as is the usual case)

http://captneal.homestead.com/newsails.html

S.Simon

jlrogers

Another of Oz's sour grapes thrown at our esteemed Captain.

"The Captains Nemesis" wrote in message
On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 14:49:15 -0400, "Simple Simon"
wrote:

I added a couple more pictures to my New Sails page to satisfy some
of the inquiries and criticism I've read here lately.

One picture shows detail of one of the hanks on the jib. This is posted
because far too many people these days use wind-up sails and live
with an inferior system to plain, simple, and reliable hanks.

A second picture shows the jib and headstay because some of you
putzes actually had the cheek to suggest that my headstay needed to
be tightened. The photo proves you in error (as is the usual case)

http://captneal.homestead.com/newsails.html

S.Simon

Bwaaaahahahahhahahaaaa!
Cappy those extra pics clearly indicate that you don't have a clue!!
The comments that go with them reinforces that fact.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.
Who spends an hour tuning before every race not just when new sails go on

Thom Stewart

Hey Simple Simian,

Who told you your Jib wasn't tight enough?? I told you it was to damn
tight.!!! Ease Off on those new sails!!!

Your lower price sail do not have the strength built into their corners.
For your own good don't over stretch them.

Neal, can't you see the hook you have created in the leech of that jib??
It is caused by to tight of a leech drawstring. Ease it off. Look at the
leech on the Main. That looks better. Make the Jib leech look like that.

I haven't been able to tell if you have a back stay adjuster. If you do,
you want to remember that when you increase backstay tension, you reduce
headstay "SAG". You want this to happen to the headstay and on the tack
of the jib.

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO STRETCH NEW SAILS!!! The cut should take care of
the shape. Halyard and sheets are just to get the sails in position to
do their job. Give them a chance...

Simple Simian, listen to the old man

And, to the GROUP, I can't get my pictures to record;------- Will
someone send a picture of a well stitch sail corner of a sail from a
good loft to let Neal see the difference

THANKS

OLE THOM

James

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
[...]

neal wont see the difference... cos he see's only what he wants to

Did anybody tell him the "leech" is the edge of the sail from tack head to
clew? ... I see no reason to suspect he knows that

Thom Stewart

I ment to say about taking the Sag out of the forestay and not out of
the Jib Tack.

Sorry

OT

SAIL LOCO

How come you use anchor line for your halyards?

LOL............... That's what I said only I asked more politely.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
Simple Simon

My anchor lines are 9/16 three-strand nylon. The halyards
are 3/8" three-strand nylon. Not the same thing. The halyards
are combination wire rope and fiber rope. The nylon tail is
only a foot or two long when the sails are hoisted and used
to go around the cleat or winch and cleat. It's a simple and
servicable set-up. You should consider the same.

S.Simon