Default Got a couple...

On 12/6/14 2:00 PM, KC wrote:
On 12/6/2014 1:46 PM, Califbill wrote:
KC wrote:
On 12/6/2014 11:36 AM, BAR wrote:
In article om,
says...

On 12/5/2014 12:56 PM, KC wrote:
of at risk young folks we work with, one 18, one 21. They have been
pounding the pavement here for almost a month, one has put more
than 30
personal stops and restops to places that "might" be hiring and who
knows how many on line applications. There is just nothing out
there now
the pres is gonna' give 11 million new illegals the right to
compete for
the ones that are there?

Oh, and the 18 year old just found out his license appt has been
pushed
back 60 days as they are expecting a flood of illegals at DMV here in
CT... This is crazy...

Do they have any skills that could lead to employment?

Kids at a young age, starting about 10, need to be told that there
decisions and actions as a pre-teen and teenager will affect their
ability to get jobs in the future.

There are always jobs available, they may not be the job of your
dreams,
wants or desires but, they are there.

Come to CT and tell the kids that... Where are you getting your info?

There are jobs. May not pay more than minimum wage. How many tats and
piercings the kids got? Can they talk in complete sentences? Etc.

Both of these kids present well. No tats or piercings that I know of.

Job Corps

--
I feel no need to explain my politics to stupid right-wingers.
After all, I am *not* the Jackass Whisperer.

On 12/6/2014 2:08 PM, F*O*A*D wrote:
On 12/6/14 2:00 PM, KC wrote:
On 12/6/2014 1:46 PM, Califbill wrote:
KC wrote:
On 12/6/2014 11:36 AM, BAR wrote:
In article om,
says...

On 12/5/2014 12:56 PM, KC wrote:
[...]

Without any further education or specific skill training decent jobs for
kids that age are far and few between. Hell, they are hard to find for
people of any age.

Used to be that you could get an entry level job as a "helper" and get
on-the-job training. Those days are gone.

On Sat, 06 Dec 2014 14:17:23 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 12/6/2014 2:08 PM, F*O*A*D wrote:
On 12/6/14 2:00 PM, KC wrote:
On 12/6/2014 1:46 PM, Califbill wrote:
KC wrote:
On 12/6/2014 11:36 AM, BAR wrote:
In article om,
says...

On 12/5/2014 12:56 PM, KC wrote:
[...]

===

My diesel mechanic and marine HVAC guy seem to go through a helper or
two every year. The work is tough and dirty, and people just don't
want to stick with it long enough to learn the trade.

On Saturday, December 6, 2014 3:13:14 PM UTC-5, Wayne. B wrote:

My diesel mechanic and marine HVAC guy seem to go through a helper or
two every year. The work is tough and dirty, and people just don't
want to stick with it long enough to learn the trade.

My HVAC guy has his own shop, is a hard worker, and his two sons and daughter work at the business. The two sons install units, and the daughter runs the "store".

The sons are well raised, clean, respectful, and well spoken. They are following the dad's footsteps because they see what good, honest work can get you. He works hard, but lives well. I called him on a Sunday evening on his cell, and he took my call during one of his son's birthday parties to help me with an issue with one of my units a couple years ago. I rewarded him by buying a new Trane split heat pump from him for upstairs last week. My third unit from this guy. Not the cheapest fellow, but not the most expensive. Honest and good.

Oh, and he's a conservative christian. :-

wrote:

On 12/6/2014 2:08 PM, F*O*A*D wrote:
On 12/6/14 2:00 PM, KC wrote:
On 12/6/2014 1:46 PM, Califbill wrote:
KC wrote:
On 12/6/2014 11:36 AM, BAR wrote:
In article om,
says...

On 12/5/2014 12:56 PM, KC wrote:
[...]

Leaving the Ace Hardware store and lumber yard this morning to go to the
supermarket is guy with his kids in Santa hats and begging. Hardware store
has help wanted sign on the door. Should have stopped and told him nicely,
but was not in correct lane.

wrote:

On 12/6/2014 2:08 PM, F*O*A*D wrote:
On 12/6/14 2:00 PM, KC wrote:
On 12/6/2014 1:46 PM, Califbill wrote:
KC wrote:
On 12/6/2014 11:36 AM, BAR wrote:
In article om,
says...

On 12/5/2014 12:56 PM, KC wrote:
[...]

My wife's uncle started out as a diesel mechanic with initial training
in the Air Force (back in the early 60's). When he left the Air Force
he continued working in the field for Cummins and then Caterpillar but,
being non-certified his income and growth potential were limited. He
took advantage of one of the company's certification programs and then
started going to school at night to get his degree and teaching
certificate. Over the course of the next 10 years he continued and got
a Master's in education. He taught diesel technology at two local
technical schools (both two year colleges) and did pretty well for
himself. This is a guy who grew up in a rough section of Boston, never
graduated from high school and got his GED in the Air Force.

wrote:

On 12/6/2014 2:08 PM, F*O*A*D wrote:
On 12/6/14 2:00 PM, KC wrote:
On 12/6/2014 1:46 PM, Califbill wrote:
KC wrote:
On 12/6/2014 11:36 AM, BAR wrote:
In article om,
says...

On 12/5/2014 12:56 PM, KC wrote:
[...]

That is a big difference than a lot of the un/under employed these days.
He worked at improving himself. I worked a full time job while taking
college courses.

wrote:

On 12/6/2014 2:08 PM, F*O*A*D wrote:
On 12/6/14 2:00 PM, KC wrote:
On 12/6/2014 1:46 PM, Califbill wrote:
KC wrote:
On 12/6/2014 11:36 AM, BAR wrote:
In article om,
says...

On 12/5/2014 12:56 PM, KC wrote:
[...]

That's cool. I know a few successful grads of the Job Corp who are doing
very well these days.

--
I feel no need to explain my politics to stupid right-wingers.
After all, I am *not* the Jackass Whisperer.
Banned

On Saturday, December 6, 2014 4:22:04 PM UTC-5, wrote:

The sons are well raised, clean, respectful, and well spoken. They are following the dad's footsteps because they see what good, honest work can get you.

And krause will have no one follow in his narcissistic, lying footsteps, and that's a GOOD thing.
Thank all that's holy his line stops at him.

After a couple of years... F.O.A.D. General 60 February 14th 14 07:52 AM
A sensible couple... YukonBound General 3 July 28th 10 01:05 AM
A couple more of Hawaii... JohnH General 9 August 30th 06 08:28 PM
A couple of dolphin Jim General 3 July 22nd 06 09:28 PM
A couple new pictures . . . Simple Simon ASA 46 October 9th 03 04:14 AM