Default 7 Habits of Highly Frugal People, or How to Get the Boat YouAlways Wanted

On 23/04/2011 8:09 PM, Lil Abner wrote:
On 4/23/2011 1:54 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
On 23/04/2011 9:19 AM, Lil Abner wrote:
On 4/23/2011 7:56 AM, Wayne B wrote:
Or how to get the retirement you always wanted, or just about anything
else. As this excellent article points out, it is all about
attitude.

http://moneyning.com/frugality/7-hab...frugal-people/
coin change a
A quick quote from the beginning:

=====
The book 7 Habits of Highly Effective People has sold over 15 million
copies since it was first published in 1989, teaching people all over
the world how to live a happier, more successful and more satisfying
life. One of the prevailing themes of the book is the fact that to
change your life you need to change your attitude because no one else
is responsible for what happens to you but you, so you can either
complain about the things you don’t like in your life or you can set
about changing them.
=====
This is small stuff but;
My son paid for his vacation by putting his change including dollar
bills in a large mason jar.
he had over 400.00 in coin change.
Every time we get an solicitation for a magazine, or whatever: every
time we get a refund, or small check, and on Monday whatever we have
left in the wallet except 20.00 is put into a savings account. I just
started the last bit.
In four years it is over 7,000.00. Doesn't earn much interest. I and
everybody else loses what wasn't spent thanks to Wall
Street/Fed/Washington but at least that amount is there if we gotta
use it.
Whats our dollar worth now three cents?
Mad as hell. Looks like Bilderbergs are fulfilling their goals. Gotta
find my cave and meadow. Which taste better fescue or blue grass?

Funny, I put $10K in a TFSA (Canadian version of a ROTH) just 2 1/2
years ago now, sitting at $23K.

Money is attracted to people who know how to manage it. Got this from my
grandfather. Wise words.

Think of money as a depreciating stock and the entire US government debt
dilutes that stock every day. Would you buy a stock like that when you
could own precious metals or oil that retains value?

How much would a company be worth if they created 20% new no value stock
every year?

Well, it is that simple as to what is happening to the USD value. DC
prints it faster than toilet paper, it will eventually become diluted
enough to be toilet paper.

You didn't think that 0% interest rate Federal debt was fee did you?

I don't know where you are going with this. Apples and oranges.
Our Retirement before devaluation has averaged about 18%. We're not
goint to be wealthy but if what Wall Street/Washington has/is doing
doesn't crash the economy we will be able to eat. Speaking of which some
nice lawns are going into kitchen gardens aronud here, this year.

It is your own government that not only lets it happen, they partake in
it!!!!

Hey, if I put $1000 into SS...it generates say 1% interest in a 3%
inflationary environment...the value of the money falls 2% every year.
Add that up with something the size of SS well....it is big.

If the US government just bought gold or oil and sat on it since SS was
created, the ROI would have been better.

So when big pensions do it, well, government can't really call it a scam
really can they?

That is why I say, "In your account, in your name, in your control" is
the only way to go for pension planning. Stops the skimming and
screwing. But that is the price for government knows best.
--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.

On 23/04/2011 4:34 PM, Boating All Out wrote:
In ,
says...

Or how to get the retirement you always wanted, or just about anything
else. As this excellent article points out, it is all about
attitude.

http://moneyning.com/frugality/7-hab...frugal-people/

A quick quote from the beginning:

=====
The book 7 Habits of Highly Effective People has sold over 15 million
copies since it was first published in 1989, teaching people all over
the world how to live a happier, more successful and more satisfying
life. One of the prevailing themes of the book is the fact that to
change your life you need to change your attitude because no one else
is responsible for what happens to you but you, so you can either
complain about the things you don?t like in your life or you can set
about changing them.
=====

It's easy to have a good attitude if you participated on the plus side
of the biggest financial rape of the American people since the days of
the Oil Barons. You can believe you did "did it on my own."
If you're 50 years and can't find a job, a good attitude might keep your
wife from divorcing you.
Nothing wrong with these self-help books if you have an "attitude
problem" and can change that.
But when a smart guy sees the boss reading 7 Habits on company time he
knows the boss's superior gave it to him to read in preparation for
laying off some people. The boss might not even know that yet.
But his superior did. Habit 2 - Begin With the End in Mind.
The sales of these books was mostly to corporate execs, who passed them
out to staff.
The bottom line - if you fail, you didn't follow "The Book."
Doesn't matter whether you followed its precepts or not.
According to the book, you failed.
Much like a Holy Bible, Torah or Koran for "corporatists," but without
the humanistic parts.
Another such "corporatist" book is "Who Moved My Cheese?"
When that one gets passed out to employees, it means "Watch your ass
closely, because we are fixing to bugger whoever we can."
And if you do all you possibly can to avoid that, but still get
buggered, it's because you're not good enough.
So reread Cheese, and get a copy of 7 Habits.
You're just doing something wrong. The Books so say.

I liked that book too, Cheese. Yep, don't wait, always look for where
the next piece of cheese is coming from. Both are good books.

--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.

On 23/04/2011 8:20 PM, Wayne B wrote:
On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 21:58:47 -0400,
wrote:

There are a lot of good people in this country who don't buy into your
corporationist uber alles philosophy.

They should move elsewhere. This country was founded on the
principles of free enterprise and minimal government and it has
served well. Those who look to government for all of their needs are
losers and on the wrong road.

One thing is constant throughout human history, the bigger the
government gets, the less the people get.

Canuck57 wrote:

I liked that book too, Cheese. Yep, don't wait, always look for where
the next piece of cheese is coming from. Both are good books.

The fact that an impoverished, out-of-work, racist moron like you
recommends a book is reason enough to never read it.

On 24/04/2011 6:34 AM, Harryk wrote:
Wayne B wrote:
On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 07:15:46 -0400,
wrote:

In the absence of a social compact, which Ronald Reagan began tearing
down, free enterprise is for nought. No strong middle class, no country
worth the trouble.

The book 7 Habits of Highly Effective People has sold over 15 million
copies since it was first published in 1989, teaching people all over
the world how to live a happier, more successful and more satisfying
life. One of the prevailing themes of the book is the fact that to
change your life you need to change your attitude because no one else
is responsible for what happens to you but you, so you can either
complain about the things you don’t like in your life or you can set
about changing them.

In other words, you can make your own goals, work towards them, and
become a winner instead of a loser. Right now you're a loser in my
estimation.

That's wonderful, Wayne, and when some wall street corporate criminals
do away with your pension assets, I'm sure reading the self-help book
you recommend will make everything right again.

What's your next self-help recommendation? "How Praying to Jesus Cured
My Pancreatic Cancer"?

HarryK, then you bet on big fat corrupt government and lost. While you
listened to "Hope and Change" I was watching not the lips but the
numbers and facts.

Hey, I manage my pension assets myself and I made money in the last 3.
Obscene actually. I am now spoiled. You need to think for yourself and
stop letting the politicians do the thinking for you.

wrote:

[...]

I didn't bet on the government and I didn't bet on publicly held
corporations. I got out of the market years ago, except for a bit of
stock I still own for sentimental reasons.

I'm sure all your assets heaped into a pile might buy you a discounted
cruise on a third-rate ship.

wrote:

[...]

Actually contemplate a 34 day pacific cruise. Doubt Holand America is
third rate. I leave that for you to travel freight.

On 24/04/2011 9:17 AM, Harryk wrote:
Canuck57 wrote:

I liked that book too, Cheese. Yep, don't wait, always look for where
the next piece of cheese is coming from. Both are good books.

The fact that an impoverished, out-of-work, racist moron like you
recommends a book is reason enough to never read it.

If you have a problem in reading the Cheese book in less than a whole
hour of your time, you be functionally illiterate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Moved_My_Cheese

And while to many race might be a crutch or excuse, it isn't going to
change reality. Lethargic thinking is bad for any race.

So since you think race has something to do with this discussion, is
that a reason or an excuse?

--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 22:20:03 -0400, Wayne B wrote:

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 21:58:47 -0400, Harryk
wrote:

There are a lot of good people in this country who don't buy into your
corporationist uber alles philosophy.

They should move elsewhere. This country was founded on the
principles of free enterprise and minimal government and it has
served well. Those who look to government for all of their needs are
losers and on the wrong road.

This explains where Harry's ideas emanate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDeXh...layer_embedded

I suppose this would be 'liberal' education planning?

wrote:

There are a lot of good people in this country who don't buy into your
corporationist uber alles philosophy.

They should move elsewhere. This country was founded on the
principles of free enterprise and minimal government and it has
served well. Those who look to government for all of their needs are
losers and on the wrong road.

This explains where Harry's ideas emanate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDeXh...layer_embedded

I suppose this would be 'liberal' education planning?

Herring apparently supports this group, since one of the commentators on
the post he referenced agreed:

This is part of the jewish plan for Wrold government (New Wrold order)
found in "The protocols of the learned elders of Zion". Indoctrinate the
youth with Marxist ideology and destroy our freedoms from within. It's
a generational thing! You Americans better wake up soon, because under
their system of control, MILLIONS will have to DIE. Just look to the
former Soviet Union under Bolshevik control 1917 on and you will SEE!!

Visit: Theforbiddentruth net

Old Habits MWB[_2_] Tall Ship Photos 0 May 31st 10 04:32 AM
Old Habits MWB[_2_] Tall Ship Photos 0 January 29th 09 10:56 PM
Well known presidential family and highly placed business associates getting into the boat business. (yeah, really!) Chuck Gould General 18 April 24th 07 05:42 AM
Austin Texas - WANTED - 5 to 7 Other People to BUILD and SHARE a NEW Boat Vince Boat Building 4 April 20th 07 02:35 AM