Canuck57[_9_] Canuck57[_9_] is offline

Default 7 Habits of Highly Frugal People, or How to Get the Boat YouAlways Wanted

On 23/04/2011 8:09 PM, Lil Abner wrote:
On 4/23/2011 1:54 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
On 23/04/2011 9:19 AM, Lil Abner wrote:
On 4/23/2011 7:56 AM, Wayne B wrote:
Or how to get the retirement you always wanted, or just about anything
else. As this excellent article points out, it is all about
attitude.

http://moneyning.com/frugality/7-hab...frugal-people/
coin change a
A quick quote from the beginning:

=====
The book 7 Habits of Highly Effective People has sold over 15 million
copies since it was first published in 1989, teaching people all over
the world how to live a happier, more successful and more satisfying
life. One of the prevailing themes of the book is the fact that to
change your life you need to change your attitude because no one else
is responsible for what happens to you but you, so you can either
complain about the things you don’t like in your life or you can set
about changing them.
=====
This is small stuff but;
My son paid for his vacation by putting his change including dollar
bills in a large mason jar.
he had over 400.00 in coin change.
Every time we get an solicitation for a magazine, or whatever: every
time we get a refund, or small check, and on Monday whatever we have
left in the wallet except 20.00 is put into a savings account. I just
started the last bit.
In four years it is over 7,000.00. Doesn't earn much interest. I and
everybody else loses what wasn't spent thanks to Wall
Street/Fed/Washington but at least that amount is there if we gotta
use it.
Whats our dollar worth now three cents?
Mad as hell. Looks like Bilderbergs are fulfilling their goals. Gotta
find my cave and meadow. Which taste better fescue or blue grass?

Funny, I put $10K in a TFSA (Canadian version of a ROTH) just 2 1/2
years ago now, sitting at $23K.

Money is attracted to people who know how to manage it. Got this from my
grandfather. Wise words.

Think of money as a depreciating stock and the entire US government debt
dilutes that stock every day. Would you buy a stock like that when you
could own precious metals or oil that retains value?

How much would a company be worth if they created 20% new no value stock
every year?

Well, it is that simple as to what is happening to the USD value. DC
prints it faster than toilet paper, it will eventually become diluted
enough to be toilet paper.

You didn't think that 0% interest rate Federal debt was fee did you?

I don't know where you are going with this. Apples and oranges.
Our Retirement before devaluation has averaged about 18%. We're not
goint to be wealthy but if what Wall Street/Washington has/is doing
doesn't crash the economy we will be able to eat. Speaking of which some
nice lawns are going into kitchen gardens aronud here, this year.

It is your own government that not only lets it happen, they partake in
it!!!!

Hey, if I put $1000 into SS...it generates say 1% interest in a 3%
inflationary environment...the value of the money falls 2% every year.
Add that up with something the size of SS well....it is big.

If the US government just bought gold or oil and sat on it since SS was
created, the ROI would have been better.

So when big pensions do it, well, government can't really call it a scam
really can they?

That is why I say, "In your account, in your name, in your control" is
the only way to go for pension planning. Stops the skimming and
screwing. But that is the price for government knows best.
--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.