Canuck57[_9_] Canuck57[_9_] is offline

Default 7 Habits of Highly Frugal People, or How to Get the Boat YouAlways Wanted

On 23/04/2011 4:34 PM, Boating All Out wrote:
In ,
says...

Or how to get the retirement you always wanted, or just about anything
else. As this excellent article points out, it is all about
attitude.

http://moneyning.com/frugality/7-hab...frugal-people/

A quick quote from the beginning:

=====
The book 7 Habits of Highly Effective People has sold over 15 million
copies since it was first published in 1989, teaching people all over
the world how to live a happier, more successful and more satisfying
life. One of the prevailing themes of the book is the fact that to
change your life you need to change your attitude because no one else
is responsible for what happens to you but you, so you can either
complain about the things you don?t like in your life or you can set
about changing them.
=====

It's easy to have a good attitude if you participated on the plus side
of the biggest financial rape of the American people since the days of
the Oil Barons. You can believe you did "did it on my own."
If you're 50 years and can't find a job, a good attitude might keep your
wife from divorcing you.
Nothing wrong with these self-help books if you have an "attitude
problem" and can change that.
But when a smart guy sees the boss reading 7 Habits on company time he
knows the boss's superior gave it to him to read in preparation for
laying off some people. The boss might not even know that yet.
But his superior did. Habit 2 - Begin With the End in Mind.
The sales of these books was mostly to corporate execs, who passed them
out to staff.
The bottom line - if you fail, you didn't follow "The Book."
Doesn't matter whether you followed its precepts or not.
According to the book, you failed.
Much like a Holy Bible, Torah or Koran for "corporatists," but without
the humanistic parts.
Another such "corporatist" book is "Who Moved My Cheese?"
When that one gets passed out to employees, it means "Watch your ass
closely, because we are fixing to bugger whoever we can."
And if you do all you possibly can to avoid that, but still get
buggered, it's because you're not good enough.
So reread Cheese, and get a copy of 7 Habits.
You're just doing something wrong. The Books so say.

I liked that book too, Cheese. Yep, don't wait, always look for where
the next piece of cheese is coming from. Both are good books.

--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.