Default 7 Habits of Highly Frugal People, or How to Get the Boat You Always Wanted

Or how to get the retirement you always wanted, or just about anything
else. As this excellent article points out, it is all about
attitude.

http://moneyning.com/frugality/7-hab...frugal-people/

A quick quote from the beginning:

=====
The book 7 Habits of Highly Effective People has sold over 15 million
copies since it was first published in 1989, teaching people all over
the world how to live a happier, more successful and more satisfying
life. One of the prevailing themes of the book is the fact that to
change your life you need to change your attitude because no one else
is responsible for what happens to you but you, so you can either
complain about the things you don’t like in your life or you can set
about changing them.
=====

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 07:56:31 -0400, Wayne B wrote:

Or how to get the retirement you always wanted, or just about anything
else. As this excellent article points out, it is all about
attitude.

http://moneyning.com/frugality/7-hab...frugal-people/

A quick quote from the beginning:

=====
The book 7 Habits of Highly Effective People has sold over 15 million
copies since it was first published in 1989, teaching people all over
the world how to live a happier, more successful and more satisfying
life. One of the prevailing themes of the book is the fact that to
change your life you need to change your attitude because no one else
is responsible for what happens to you but you, so you can either
complain about the things you don’t like in your life or you can set
about changing them.
=====

Some good ideas there.

I wish I'd been presented this when I was a teenager. This is the kind of thing that should be part
of a high school curriculum. It would be much more appropriate than a lot of the crap that's being
taught.

On 4/23/2011 7:56 AM, Wayne B wrote:
Or how to get the retirement you always wanted, or just about anything
else. As this excellent article points out, it is all about
attitude.

http://moneyning.com/frugality/7-hab...frugal-people/
coin change a
A quick quote from the beginning:

=====
The book 7 Habits of Highly Effective People has sold over 15 million
copies since it was first published in 1989, teaching people all over
the world how to live a happier, more successful and more satisfying
life. One of the prevailing themes of the book is the fact that to
change your life you need to change your attitude because no one else
is responsible for what happens to you but you, so you can either
complain about the things you don’t like in your life or you can set
about changing them.
=====

This is small stuff but;
My son paid for his vacation by putting his change including dollar
bills in a large mason jar.
he had over 400.00 in coin change.
Every time we get an solicitation for a magazine, or whatever: every
time we get a refund, or small check, and on Monday whatever we have
left in the wallet except 20.00 is put into a savings account. I just
started the last bit.
In four years it is over 7,000.00. Doesn't earn much interest. I and
everybody else loses what wasn't spent thanks to Wall
Street/Fed/Washington but at least that amount is there if we gotta use it.
Whats our dollar worth now three cents?
Mad as hell. Looks like Bilderbergs are fulfilling their goals. Gotta
find my cave and meadow. Which taste better fescue or blue grass?

Lil Abner wrote:
[...]

Fescue is chewy; bluegrass is the favorite flavor of upscale horses.

On 23/04/2011 5:56 AM, Wayne B wrote:
Or how to get the retirement you always wanted, or just about anything
else. As this excellent article points out, it is all about
attitude.

http://moneyning.com/frugality/7-hab...frugal-people/

A quick quote from the beginning:

=====
The book 7 Habits of Highly Effective People has sold over 15 million
copies since it was first published in 1989, teaching people all over
the world how to live a happier, more successful and more satisfying
life. One of the prevailing themes of the book is the fact that to
change your life you need to change your attitude because no one else
is responsible for what happens to you but you, so you can either
complain about the things you don’t like in your life or you can set
about changing them.
=====

I am a big fan of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Read the
book and did the course in about 1993. I found it very beneficial. I
have even pulled the book out for a periodic re-read.

But a warning, fleabaggers might not like it because it means organizing
their thoughts and life plans. And they fear being successful when it
is easier to whine a lot and ask government to steal and ponzi fraud
debt for them.

--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.

On 23/04/2011 9:19 AM, Lil Abner wrote:
[...]

Funny, I put $10K in a TFSA (Canadian version of a ROTH) just 2 1/2
years ago now, sitting at $23K.

Money is attracted to people who know how to manage it. Got this from
my grandfather. Wise words.

Think of money as a depreciating stock and the entire US government debt
dilutes that stock every day. Would you buy a stock like that when you
could own precious metals or oil that retains value?

How much would a company be worth if they created 20% new no value stock
every year?

Well, it is that simple as to what is happening to the USD value. DC
prints it faster than toilet paper, it will eventually become diluted
enough to be toilet paper.

You didn't think that 0% interest rate Federal debt was fee did you?

--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 11:54:01 -0600, Canuck57
wrote:

[...]

According to Greg, that's a very bad idea.

On 23/04/2011 6:39 AM, John H wrote:
On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 07:56:31 -0400, Wayne wrote:

[...]

Ya, me too. I wasted 7 years before I started to get wiser. They should
teach this in high school as life skills. Right along side balancing
the check book. Teach the meaning of debt.

There is a hilarious program called "T'll Debt Do Us Part" were couples
are in serious debt problems. Many even have college and university
educations but can't do a basic house hold budget. Sad but true.

http://www.slice.ca/shows/showspage.aspx?title_id=93097

Now I know a degree in say chemistry or electronics isn't finance, but
part of graduation with a degree means you should be able to think, read
a basic personal finance book and move on to be a millionaire. But so
few can. A shame, we are our worst enemies.

--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 16:12:52 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 08:39:23 -0400, John H
wrote:

[...]

The best thing you could teach a teenager is to get in the habit of
paying yourself first. Set up a savings program from day one where you
put something like a tenth of your income into savings. If you start
right away you will not miss the money. Then after a while, when you
need a car or something, you can buy it and not finance it. If you do
that, make car payments anyway ... to yourself.
Once you get started, you end up spending as much money as everyone
else but you are paying yourself back instead of making a banker rich.

It is all just getting started on the right foot.

I always hear the bleeding hearts say they can't afford to save any
money but somehow they can still manage to come up with 12-29% of most
of what they spend to send to a banker in interest.

I thought it was the bleeding hearts who support people who are paying
the interest rates. Sounds to me you're being pretty reactionary when
it comes to people are less well off or less financially aware than
you.
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

[...]

That's been a good philosophy. I have three kids, 35, 32, and 20.
Every since they were born I've put something liquid away for them.
It started off as a mere dollar away for them in a savings account. ,
I've done some adjusting around, but when you consider that was just 7
bucks a week.. Ok so if I'd continued to do that, 1 dollar x365 x 35
years. I still woudl be loading up the oldest with a ppretty good
chunk, with really nothing. after the accounts would reach a thousand,
I'd buy a long term CD and let them ride and renew them when the term
was due. Of course intrest rates on savings and CD's are almost
nothing, but the money's there.

It doesn't take long to stash away something simple and in the long
run it's payed off well.

Old Habits MWB[_2_] Tall Ship Photos 0 May 31st 10 04:32 AM
Old Habits MWB[_2_] Tall Ship Photos 0 January 29th 09 10:56 PM
Well known presidential family and highly placed business associates getting into the boat business. (yeah, really!) Chuck Gould General 18 April 24th 07 05:42 AM
Austin Texas - WANTED - 5 to 7 Other People to BUILD and SHARE a NEW Boat Vince Boat Building 4 April 20th 07 02:35 AM