Canuck57[_9_] Canuck57[_9_] is offline

Default 7 Habits of Highly Frugal People, or How to Get the Boat YouAlways Wanted

On 23/04/2011 6:39 AM, John H wrote:
On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 07:56:31 -0400, Wayne wrote:

Or how to get the retirement you always wanted, or just about anything
else. As this excellent article points out, it is all about
attitude.

http://moneyning.com/frugality/7-hab...frugal-people/

A quick quote from the beginning:

=====
The book 7 Habits of Highly Effective People has sold over 15 million
copies since it was first published in 1989, teaching people all over
the world how to live a happier, more successful and more satisfying
life. One of the prevailing themes of the book is the fact that to
change your life you need to change your attitude because no one else
is responsible for what happens to you but you, so you can either
complain about the things you don’t like in your life or you can set
about changing them.
=====

Some good ideas there.

I wish I'd been presented this when I was a teenager. This is the kind of thing that should be part
of a high school curriculum. It would be much more appropriate than a lot of the crap that's being
taught.

Ya, me too. I wasted 7 years before I started to get wiser. They should
teach this in high school as life skills. Right along side balancing
the check book. Teach the meaning of debt.

There is a hilarious program called "T'll Debt Do Us Part" were couples
are in serious debt problems. Many even have college and university
educations but can't do a basic house hold budget. Sad but true.

http://www.slice.ca/shows/showspage.aspx?title_id=93097

Now I know a degree in say chemistry or electronics isn't finance, but
part of graduation with a degree means you should be able to think, read
a basic personal finance book and move on to be a millionaire. But so
few can. A shame, we are our worst enemies.

--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.